PDA

View Full Version : Numa Prime Feedback Thread

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Please use this thread to post your feedback about the newly released Numa Prime adventure area. Only use this thread to post your thoughts after you have played in Numa Prime.

Thanks!

Bastok
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Haven't got to play it too much yet. But both times I ventured in, I've lost all sound effects. I'm using HTC Incredible to play Star Legends.

apoceq
08-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Guardian has too many HP's, and he didnt drop a pink! My only complaint so far :)

Hankomachos
08-11-2011, 12:50 PM
It's awesome! :banana:

Kraze
08-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Wait I thought this was going to be saves for full release and iOS launch? Is my app store broken?

Yvonnel
08-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Argh! I can't wait till I get off work so that I can log in!

Gluttony
08-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Wait I thought this was going to be saves for full release and iOS launch? Is my app store broken?

Nope, I believe the idea was that the new content was being saved for the launch. Welcome to the launch party... Oh, you're on an iOS device... sorry, you weren't invited.

Tbird
08-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Can you kill the Rebel Yell? I tried him twice and he doesn't lose hp after a certain amount of damage

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Can you kill the Rebel Yell? I tried him twice and he doesn't lose hp after a certain amount of damage

We know Rebel Yell is pretty darn hard right now. He'll probably get some tuning in the near future.

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Haven't got to play it too much yet. But both times I ventured in, I've lost all sound effects. I'm using HTC Incredible to play Star Legends.

Anyone else having problems hearing sound effects in Numa Prime?

Kraze
08-11-2011, 01:36 PM

Nope, I believe the idea was that the new content was being saved for the launch. Welcome to the launch party... Oh, you're on an iOS device... sorry, you weren't invited.
Feel like the girl who's all dressed and ready for the prom only to find out you've been stood up for the new girl in class...

Kraze
08-11-2011, 01:37 PM

I am...wait it's because I'm on iOS

Cascade
08-11-2011, 01:38 PM
I absolutely love it every bit is awesome I'm lvl 24 yay :)

apoceq
08-11-2011, 01:39 PM
I dont use sound anyways...but no...Don't have it.

bronislav84
08-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Anyone else having problems hearing sound effects in Numa Prime?I am. Soon as I went into the base I lost all sound. My Touch 4g, Android 2.3.4. Had to reset my client to get sound back.

Edit: And now it's fine. Seems to happen randomly.

Bastok
08-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Sound cuts out after entering one of the new levels and its bugged for all levels until you close the app and launch again. I've noticed a person on Blackstar commenting about the same thing.

Other than that, the new levels are pretty exciting and awesome! I love this game!

Flowman
08-11-2011, 02:49 PM
about rebel yell again…it's not that he's hard….it's that he literally takes ZERO damage after a certain point. Every attack says "dodge" or "miss" so Im assuming it's because our current levels are too low to hit against his dodge

AOmonsta
08-11-2011, 02:53 PM
about rebel yell again…it's not that he's hard….it's that he literally takes ZERO damage after a certain point. Every attack says "dodge" or "miss" so Im assuming it's because our current levels are too low to hit against his dodge

I played with Scott at level 25. Still took no damage.

Phitz
08-11-2011, 03:03 PM

I am having this same problem. Great game by the way!

darkhatter
08-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Having the sound issues. Only getting music, no sound effects. Evo 3D. Also agree with the Rebel, dodges everything.

Flowman
08-11-2011, 03:22 PM
I played with Scott at level 25. Still took no damage.

Meant more along the lines of hit % and such, but I'm sure it's just a glitch

CrimsonTider
08-11-2011, 03:53 PM
I know I will be in the minority here but its time to get this released in full. I have played the beta since the first hour of release and feel it's time. I understand the mess with Apple BUT if this was the only major hangup, then the new levels should have been saved for the main release. With the only reasons to play are searching for bugs and leveling (which doean't take long at all), the game has become monotonous.

Please do not misunderstand me: I appreciate the passion and hardwork STas puts in day in and out. I am grateful for the opportunity to have played. But I feel, unless here are more issues with Apple, it is time.

Sorry to be a party pooper!! :/

KhaosAngel
08-11-2011, 04:17 PM
My only death was rebel yell-apparently cant be beat-i'm sad cause i was on leaderboard- now with one death- anyway to take that 1 death away:disturbed: And I am having same issue with sound-Motorola Defy

sabermage
08-11-2011, 04:57 PM
The walls are starting to really frustrate me. Everytime you go near a wall and turn around, all you see is the wall on the screen and it is really in the way. I dont recall the other levels doing this, but with so many nooks and crannies to go into in the new level, the wall being the only thing i see is not what i was hoping for.

Thanks,
Saber

Lowlyspy
08-11-2011, 04:58 PM

Right here, no sound at all.....other than the campaign's techno (nice choice of music btw)

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Right here, no sound at all.....other than the campaign's techno (nice choice of music btw)

For anyone having sound issues, can you please write our support team with the details to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol).

You might also try the steps outlined in this support article. The issue being that Android memory allocation get's wonky after an app update. Especially clearing your cache.

http://spacetimestudios.zendesk.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

Flowman
08-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Rebel Yell dies normally now….but has no drop.

xXDamonDXx
08-11-2011, 08:28 PM

Yeah, i have reinstalled and everything, but it keeps cutting off shortly after joining a game.
Using no skills helps a little lol xD

Sent from my Tardis Type-40 using Tapatalk

dcichoracki
08-12-2011, 05:40 AM
There is a notable lack of item drops in this section. Most bosses drop nothing and, based on what I saw, the rarity of items that drop/are picked up in boxes have only been gray, white or orange.

Is this an oversight?

Also, there has been a problem with the transporter in a few levels. Enemie attacks will throw you back and, if, you land in the transporter, you are sent back to base.

And credit drops still show "g" when scrolling above your head.

Breadkeeper
08-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Great Visuals, but very laggy, is this the high visuals? high number of people online? or something else? And yes, it seems alot of the bosses do not drop anything at all.

Anabariez
08-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Great campaign! I have only one problem. On some of the new maps when you join sometimes it puts you on top or very close to the portal and sends you back to the base. This rarely happens to me but while getting 25 it happened 10 times.

xXDamonDXx
08-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Great campaign! I have only one problem. On some of the new maps when you join sometimes it puts you on top or very close to the portal and sends you back to the base. This rarely happens to me but while getting 25 it happened 10 times.

Yeah, I have also ran into this problem.

swordlover
08-12-2011, 06:42 AM
I can't hear sound

apoceq
08-12-2011, 08:15 AM
All zones cleared within an hour or so of release. Guardian taking the longest with the most HP..but where's the strategy these days?

darkhatter
08-12-2011, 09:22 AM
The walls are starting to really frustrate me. Everytime you go near a wall and turn around, all you see is the wall on the screen and it is really in the way. I dont recall the other levels doing this, but with so many nooks and crannies to go into in the new level, the wall being the only thing i see is not what i was hoping for.

Thanks,
Saber

I have been having the same problem. The rock columns seem to go much higher than the walls in most of the other areas, and causes visual issues when in tight spaces. I've had to fight through a swarm, without ever seeing the battle.

octavos
08-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah, i have reinstalled and everything, but it keeps cutting off shortly after joining a game.
Using no skills helps a little lol xD

I agree, happens to me too. Xperia Play
Only when im in missions in Prime all other levels ok.

mycroftxxx
08-12-2011, 10:03 AM

YES. (Nexus One)

mycroftxxx
08-12-2011, 10:06 AM

This is similar to what happens in the Ancient Swamps in PL. I assume, like having guys hiding behind bushes, that it's an intentional trick to make it harder to find enemies.

dcichoracki
08-13-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a lag issue...i was on wifi earlier & ping was around 180... Seemed like it took a long time for enemies to appear in the uncharted ruins.

Everyone on the team said they were having the same troubles, which made me wonder, is this just lag or an issue similar to that dead man cave one, where the enemies wouldn't "wake up"?

AOmonsta
08-13-2011, 03:48 PM
There are a lot of blocked view areas. Especially on Uncharted Ruins. Other than that, thanks for new maps.

mett7
08-14-2011, 11:29 AM
No sound for me on Numa. Also game lags as Hell, unplayable. Htc HD2 with android 2.3.2
On other levels like Delta its ok.
I'm starting to think that this is the reason for the lack of acceptance by apple.

Slush
08-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Here's my feedback in bulletpoints :D
1. Add shields please
2. There is no green level 25 back armours in the store or as loot
3. The dodge value is incorrect when in a base
4. That one intersection in Uncharted Ruins where everyone gets nuked needs to be nerfed (yea, you know the one)
5. Change the layout of skills, the skill wheel thing isn't as good as the PL layout.
I'll post more if I find more, thanks.
Edit: Here's some more:
6. Skill descriptions need more detail, this really bugs me. I need to know exactly how much damage or for how long a skill roots a target to make sure my skill points are spent wisely.
7. Operatives need a powerful aoe attack, much like blast shot in PL. They are supposed to be the damage dealing class after all.
8. The plants that shoot you in the later levels of Numa are still targetable and still have a health bar above them while the death animation takes place.
9. Crafting lvl 26 items, like what happened when 21 was the cap.
10. Sound problems on LG Optimus Black (previously mentioned)
11. Like what sabermage said, the rock walls can get in the way a lot and it is annoying, same problem which happened early in the beta.

Teddyache
08-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Hi, I apologize if this was already posted elsewhere, but I haven't had time to look through all the bug threads...

The quest "Splinter Cell" keeps being offered to me even after I've beaten it. I did it once, turned it in, went and completed some other quests and then it was offered to me again the next time I went to get new quests. Then I beat it again, then the Vular and Guardian quests and when I went to turn them in, I got Splinter Cell back for a third time. Not a big deal, but definitely a bug!

mett7
08-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Lol it's a daily quest not a bug :tongue:

mycroftxxx
08-15-2011, 12:03 PM
8. The plants that shoot you in the later levels of Numa are still targetable and still have a health bar above them while the death animation takes place.

This is kind of annoying as it interacts badly with auto-target, but I'm not actually sure whether it's a bug. Numa Prime seems to force you to be more careful about target selection in general.

Teddyache
08-15-2011, 09:37 PM
Lol it's a daily quest not a bug :tongue:

Aha, whoops!

Pridelolx
08-16-2011, 06:04 AM
Im having sound problems too Samsung Galaxy Apollo

Kakatoa91
08-16-2011, 07:07 AM
Today last map was heavily laggy.
Was hard to move.
Some people were kicked out of the game.
I had to relog n rejoin my party.
My ping is correct around 150.

Europe - Belgium - acer stream android 2.2

AOmonsta
08-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Since latest update, it is much easier to navigate around uncharted ruins.

thequickone
08-19-2011, 09:51 AM
The first Numa Prime quest, "Devious Dastards" (or whatever it's called) can be completed by killing the same one of the four bounties repeatedly. This should be fixed to trigger only one completion per bounty. Now if groups could just stay together...

EyelessBear
08-20-2011, 09:44 PM
The Numa Prime Outpost should be more expanded. (Width wise) It gets too crowded easily and its hard to find someone when theres masses of people on top of you ._.

Other than that, there are no problems whatsoever :D

thugimmortal
08-21-2011, 02:14 PM
All my sound fx go too and i get those random crashes still. I think I am going to have to exept that my lg gt540 isn't good enough to play the game without crashes. so much for the low end phone compatibility Ive had so much grief trying to play this game and i simply cannot afford a new android phone yet.star legends is awesome but i just cannot get into it because of the app crashing all the time. please devs could we have better compatibility with low end devices. Its not a bottom end phone I can play the new dead space game and thats got exellent graphics with no crashes i just cannot work out why I cant seem to play this for more than 5 minutes pl ran fine.

serprus
08-25-2011, 05:43 PM
I love Numa. I wish the lobby area was bigger. Maybe stores and auction house area so I do not always need to travel to Blackstar.

CRUIZE
10-01-2011, 08:45 AM
I played numa alot than all players . But i didnt receive any vanities and still doin good.i suggest to make a weapon wch looks like stsr wars laser knife or u can make it as a vanity wch can be woren back side like a savior. This would definetly make impression . The vanities glowing . booooOo;)

Slant
10-18-2011, 06:19 AM
hmm ok read through all the posts some feedback for Numa
> The levels are pretty well designed and there are nice little puzzles and tricks on the maps, like using the oil slicks to slow down mob rushes or setting em on fire, (does this even damage em? its fun tho). Also really liked the last part of the first level, it s a nice relaxing and calm game herding the sprites to the transporters, there should be more of these kinds of parts in maps.
> The obstacles (purple rocks), you would expect them to be used the same way as the obstacles against the boss droids in the red sun level, but they cant, would be great if you could use the rocks as shields, as it is an intuitive thing to do.
> Guardian Run... very well designed, especially the guardian area, but the vulars crabs should be worth more or most players have the tendency to skip em. In coin, if not in xp. The flowers give a lil too much xp, but thats cool. I agree with the point that the guardian runs should be worth a lot fewer xp, as people tend to level only on guardian runs skipping mining fields and squatter camps, which are good maps too. They may be doing this for the drops but that doesnt really make sense haha. What I like the most about guardian is that you can use minimal stims and cross it easily if everyone is in the correct position ie commando tanking and engie buffing, if this is not done everyone dies. Although director uses a different set of skills, ruins is by far the best map for training the various class roles, so it would be great to have higher level dunjons along these lines, where you fail if you dont do it right.
> I like the way that following a wall either left or right still makes you skip certain parts of the map, so this was a good trick to pull, maybe more such maps (theres maybe one on sloucho) and perhaps a dunjon that goes full circle?
> Especially for Numa, there should be an engie skill that temporarily increases dps (more not enough in this one) or negates root for all team members, without which they tend to die the most here, especially if there is a commando unskilled in taunt
Overall, I think Numa is the best campaign designed so far. It is purposely meant for a slower paced game, as against the rushing on all other campaigns (sloucho is all rush). The best fun ive ever had in the game was doing the long grind from 20 to 26 kiling dogs and creeps slowly and in my own time with 2-3 others in squatter camps and mining fields. :)

Skeletonlord
10-18-2011, 11:06 AM
This new content is Fantastic. For people who haven't been there yet I recommend you do.

serprus
12-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Numa is still fun :o)

Deathsminion
12-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Numa is still fun :o)
Lol talk about reviving an old thread XD but yes it still is fun and i WILL get that xray drop one day ;) .....

50 runs later "any time now..."

Jcx
07-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Xray drop pls.