PDA

View Full Version : Technical Question regarding Android Devices

kinawarrior
08-11-2011, 02:34 PM
The xpera play works with the android, correct? If it doesn't, then stop reading, tell me, and I'll stop the questions.

If it does, however, then answer me these questions please:

1) the joystick controls the character, correct?
2) The buttons are mapped as keys, correct? Or, how do the buttons map to the key presses on the screen?
3) If you can map buttons on the xpera play to buttons on the screen for skills, is there any reason why you can't plug in a ps3 controller and use it as a controller for the game, and then map those buttons to the keyboard buttons like the xpera play does? Or to the skills?

I am just looking to map the buttons to a controller mainly if it is possible.

Another question.

If you hook up a mouse to an android device, will the pointer show up on the screen? Will left clicking the mouse on the screen produce the same results as pressing the screen?

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Pocket Legends and Star Legends are optomized for Xperia PLAY. Here's the control scheme:

kinawarrior
08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Ok, that is leading me in the right direction. The technical portion comes in with the buttons and how they are mapped to the game, and probably some internal coding. Lets use the Auto Attack (x) button for example.

Is the x button mapped to a keyboard key? Or, is it completely programed for the xpera play specifically? Or, should I take this to some sort of PM / email to avoid any confusion on the forums?

asommers
08-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Here's info on the button layout and how they map to keys. You won't, however, be able to move or rotate the camera (use the touchpads), since those do not map to keys but instead are read directly from the hardware.

http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/wp/2011/02/13/xperia-play-game-keys/

-ALS

kinawarrior
08-11-2011, 03:17 PM
For now, I have the HDMI converter coming in the mail to hook up, just the hard part with having the tablet as your controller is you have to look down to push the skill buttons, and look down to press anything. you can move fine, but pushing the buttons is, well, a challenge.

If push come sot shove, I'll engineer something very, very, well, unnecessary using these:

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=push+solenoid

and mapping home automation scripts to power the device on and off to press down by me using a custom application of my own doing on a windows PC, haha.

My wife is going to kill me...