PDA

View Full Version : Sound Issue

Andrew Poof Greve
08-11-2011, 03:53 PM
With the release of the newest update today the sound in my game is missing. If I kill the app, and restart the game, I get sound for a little while, then the attacking sounds go away, and shortly after that the game sound itself goes away. Oddly enough ALL the sound on my phone also no longer works until I kill the app again. No ringtones or anything. Is this happening to anyone else?

Torrentula81
08-11-2011, 04:02 PM
I just have music. Afyer 30 seconds thats all I get. Not sure about other sounds going off like your ringtones.

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Hey Andrew,

Can you write us with your phone details via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol). That way we can better track the issue through our support system.

Thanks!

DefynGravity
08-11-2011, 05:17 PM
My sound to goes off on WHOLE PHONE!

Andrew Poof Greve
08-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Hey Andrew,

Can you write us with your phone details via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol). That way we can better track the issue through our support system.

Thanks!
E-mail has been sent.

Torrentula81
08-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Ive asked other peiple in game and they said its in and out. So dont think specific phone. Xperia has no sound effect once enter a numa dungeon about 30 seconds in. Town and other dungeons are fine. Xoom exact oposite. No music. Also some wepons dont have sounds. Riffles did but not hand gloves.

Ok there is music on xoom but its extremely low.

WILLIAM cmy
08-11-2011, 11:51 PM
I like this no sound bug because now I can play with my Samsung GS2 without freeze and crash every 5 mins!
Please DON'T fix this bug, please I really mean it.

pita
08-12-2011, 05:03 AM
Ever since thhe new.update i too have no sound in game or on my phone. No ringtone, no text alert. I hqve an htc thunderbolt from verizon. I even deleted qnd.reinstalled the game. That brought back my phone sounds but no game sounds. I really miss the game.sounds.

Penny

mechajockie
08-12-2011, 05:23 AM
I'm having the same issue as well. I have a Sidekick 4G.

Ofir Agranat
08-12-2011, 05:36 AM
ohhh wait thats why i could play?!?! lmao!! plz dont kill the bug!! i iz luv it!!!
i just swiched rom to lite'ning 5.0 and i thought thats why i could play!

plz plz plz plz dont change anything!!! lmao
ok change it.. but do something that we could have music and play at SGS2

Physiologic
08-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Sound becomes completely absent on the Samsung Galaxy S on Android 2.2 Froyo.

WILLIAM cmy
08-12-2011, 06:18 AM
ohhh wait thats why i could play?!?! lmao!! plz dont kill the bug!! i iz luv it!!!
i just swiched rom to lite'ning 5.0 and i thought thats why i could play!

plz plz plz plz dont change anything!!! lmao
ok change it.. but do something that we could have music and play at SGS2

Yea we Galaxy GS2 users are happy with this bug!

Kakatoa91
08-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Same sound prob as other in here. After few minutes sounds off, but music still on.
Even when restart with music off, sounds dissepear.

Acer stream, 2.2

bronislav84
08-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Happens to me too. I lose all sound except the bigger weapons going off. My Touch 4g, Android 2.3.4.

And for you SGS2 people out there, you should try either turning of all sound on your phone or turning of all game sounds quickly before you crash. No sense making Numa have no sound just so some people can play, and all of us have silence. Heard it's a phone issue and not linked to the game, so likely STS can't do anything to help you. Samsung needs to get an OTA to you, or root your phone and don't use the stock OS.

This might be a good reason to root. I'd never do it but seems like a possible solution.

Flip
08-12-2011, 10:44 AM
This issue does seem to occur with some devices and not others. We have reproduced the problem internally and we're looking into it further. Thanks for the reports guys!

Diodge
08-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Motorola Milestone alltel /rooted/ 2.2.3 Cyanogen mod
No sound after a few minutes of play... Just adding my phone to the list.

Raulur
08-12-2011, 02:08 PM
On my Droid X the sound comes and goes, at least on Nuna Prime maps. Gingerbread 2.3.3 official (bleh)

Abaleuibub
08-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Soundbugs is still there. I enter a level and after 10sec to the max. all effects are muted just background (not music) is playing.

I wiped data, app & cache prob is still there.

After the reinstall i had to set the option again (cuz datawipe). After i unchecked music it doesnt turned off but just went really really low. Just want to mention it.

SGT P1000, froyo 2.2

Teramind
08-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Same with me. clear data, uninstall, reinstall but nothing. Runnin game with froyo 2.2 on the Android A855 ( Original Android ).

Fastcast
08-12-2011, 04:51 PM
I have same issue droid x 2.2

DefynGravity
08-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Yup still issues on my HTC thunderbolt

Angelo Torres
08-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Had this issue in pocketlegends then you updated it and it fixed it but then it rarely did reoccur symptoms I saw were just loss of sound effects music always played, FOR THE MORON who said use a rooted Phone and OS I am using a nexus s 4G running miui and this happens to me too. I believe its a AOSP,Touchwiz and BLUR problem based on the phones I am seeing listed///// Also being that this issue was corrected in Pocket legends I know it will be corrected here

I am using a Rooted Nexus s 4G running miui from sprint. Running gingerbread 2.3.5

Ovocotto
08-12-2011, 05:33 PM
This issue does seem to occur with some devices and not others. We have reproduced the problem internally and we're looking into it further. Thanks for the reports guys!

Hi flip Are u a new dev?:)

Abaleuibub
08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
The bug spreads. Now my pl is muted too. Lol

im4broke
08-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I have a HTC Tablet, no sound in SL but all normal in PL.

Raulur
08-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Ok, cleared cache and it worked fine for a while, until a group wipe at the Guardian. After respawn, sound is intermittent. I'll wipe again and see how long it lasts. Droid X 2.3.3

Dark Avenger
08-12-2011, 08:42 PM
original motorola droid and having same sound issues...want the sounds on the game, maybe this "bug" is a test for an option to disable phone alerts and sounds and whatnot ;) id rock that

pita
08-13-2011, 12:43 AM
I have an HTC Thunderbolt with verizon and with the new update I lose all sound on my phone. Ringtones and text alerts and the sound to the game. I have paid I don't know how much in money to buy platinum and now I cant even play the game because
then I lose my phone functionality. Why not remove the new dungeon until you fix the problem. I love the game but this is getting abit out of hand. I am running froyo on my phone and until the new dungeon everything was fine. Please fix It. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. as soon as I uninstall it my phone works fine.......

shinjielric
08-13-2011, 12:56 AM
I have a Samsung Galaxy S Mesmerize. Android 2.2 and I also have the sound issues.
Ill load up the game and have sound, then I get into a dungeon and ill still have sound then it just goes away.
I can't vouch for ALL sound going away. My phone is so inactive for calls that I forgot what ringer I have.

WhoIsThis
08-13-2011, 05:17 AM
I have similar issues described by other people.

Galaxy S Epic
Android 2.3.5; Cyanogenmod 7 Beta

It would appear that this is device-independent. Multiple phones and tablets are experiencing issues from many different manufacturers.

Abaleuibub
08-13-2011, 07:24 AM
This maybe an unwanted side-effect, but without the sounds the performance seems to be enhanced.

Everthing seems smoother and the app reacts much snappier.

Hey how about a new item for the store?

The all new performance-enhancer/ elixir, lasts 5min.. Only 100 plat! 99 on deal of the day!

Cheton
08-13-2011, 01:17 PM
I have a HTC Thunderbolt and I have no sound at all. This is my first post not meaning to complain, just trying to help out. By the way, this game is AWESOME. I havn't turned on my 360 in 2 wks. I am 36 years old and a heavy gamer, my wife is mad at you spacetime studios. lol. Take care guys.

pita
08-13-2011, 06:37 PM
I have a quick solution. Why not remove the new.dungeon until the problem is fixed. I am soooo tired.of having to unin
stall then reinstall when i want to play. Its an awesome.game.and i want to play but getting very discouraged. A response from the developers would be nice qnd perhaps a platinum credit......

bronislav84
08-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Had this issue in pocketlegends then you updated it and it fixed it but then it rarely did reoccur symptoms I saw were just loss of sound effects music always played, FOR THE MORON who said use a rooted Phone and OS I am using a nexus s 4G running miui and this happens to me too. I believe its a AOSP,Touchwiz and BLUR problem based on the phones I am seeing listed///// Also being that this issue was corrected in Pocket legends I know it will be corrected here

I am using a Rooted Nexus s 4G running miui from sprint. Running gingerbread 2.3.5That would be me, and if you read I was referring to Samsung Galaxy S 2 owners which have a defect in the phone causing it to crash with sound and they like the no sound, so excuse me but I am not a moron for suggesting they don't use a Samsung stock OS. Learn to read, thanks.

Moving on.

Ok just confirmed how this happens for me. Walk into any Numa zone, all sounds gone except background music. After a while all sounds gone, period. My Touch 4g, Android 2.3.4.
I have a quick solution. Why not remove the new.dungeon until the problem is fixed. I am soooo tired.of having to unin
stall then reinstall when i want to play. Its an awesome.game.and i want to play but getting very discouraged. A response from the developers would be nice qnd perhaps a platinum credit......You don't need to uninstall then reinstall. Just fully force close the game and reopen. All sound should return until you go back to Numa. Oh and that's a bad solution, sorry.

shoby
08-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Same problem. Sfx disappear and only have music. X10i 2.3 rooted

MuskTheWicked
08-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Yeah. It was so creepy farming Bosses without any sound.. Its true devs.. It happen on Samsung Galaxy S and S2..
Hmm :( Fix it hurry.. I could die in game coz of no effect etc..

mett7
08-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Htc HD2, rooted, 2.3.2 nexus rom
No sound after a few minutes. Also Numa i very laggi.

PsYcHo MaRiNe-X
08-14-2011, 07:03 PM
The new patch killed the sound effect.. all I get is static low pitch noise. But when I'm playing in quests all I here is the
music but no sound. I have a Dell Streak 5 Mini. Running android honeycomb 2.2.. hope issue gets fixed soon. Kinda sucks not having sounds effects..

PsYcHo MaRiNe-X
08-14-2011, 09:40 PM
I did noticed as well that my sound had shut off on my phone as well... This is so weird. Never had an app update crash my
the sound on my phone. I went ahead and restarted my phone, and everything went back to normal, thank god. Hope sfx gets fixed soon..

pita
08-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Please please please fix

pita
08-15-2011, 12:10 AM
I know u are tired of hearing from me but....now my pl is also screwed up. No sound, lags a lot. I will try to.shut up now

Formosa
08-15-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm also having sound problems like everyone here. I play on a LG Optimus T and the sound FX would play for a little while then stop. In some instances it would come back when going to next level or going to Black Star and other times it just stop and never comes back. Also I noticed that this bug causes problems with the sounds with other applications like the notification sound for Gmail app stops working and some instances Youtube app won't play video.

For those who are having issues with sound in Pocket Legends after playing Star Legends a possible way to fix it is to force close Star Legends. This also will fix issues of sound and possible problems with other apps on your phone.

festre
08-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Just wanted to add my droid 2 to the phone list.
;)

Orcish
08-15-2011, 05:07 PM
My EVO 4G as well...

Tamino
08-16-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm also having sound problems like everyone here. I play on a LG Optimus T and the sound FX would play for a little while then stop. In some instances it would come back when going to next level or going to Black Star and other times it just stop and never comes back. Also I noticed that this bug causes problems with the sounds with other applications like the notification sound for Gmail app stops working and some instances Youtube app won't play video.

Same problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab: sounds are good on Base; after entering in a world the shots, skills and damages effects disappear in a few seconds. Foreground sounds and terminal voices still work. Need to exit and re-launch application, I experimented even interference with PL sounds if SL was only exited and not killed.

This problem occurred starting from two updates ago (current 66468).

Jayche
08-16-2011, 11:42 AM
With the release of the newest update today the sound in my game is missing. If I kill the app, and restart the game, I get sound for a little while, then the attacking sounds go away, and shortly after that the game sound itself goes away. Oddly enough ALL the sound on my phone also no longer works until I kill the app again. No ringtones or anything. Is this happening to anyone else?

same exact problem. im on an android glacier cm7 RC1 rooted.

Kmrock
08-19-2011, 12:31 AM
Today my Galaxy i9003 has no sounds and it restarts the android system automatically =口="
When will official fix the bug????

tclf9
08-20-2011, 09:51 AM
HTC desire has the same problem in running this update

Arterra
08-20-2011, 09:54 AM
While in town my sound effect work, but as soon as I start spamming skills they disappear. I have to re-enter a town for it to come back, or at least the numa prime town (not sure with blackstar)
Left only with music.
Nook Color, CM7 stable rom.

THC
08-20-2011, 10:07 AM
im runing HTC EVO gengerbread sound issues 10 sec on numa and silence just music

Buster
08-20-2011, 10:13 AM
well i have the same issue bot idc care bout it much tho... but sometimes gets annoying and pls fix