PDA

View Full Version : Guild Destroying Trolls!!!! Deleting Whole Guild rosters!!!

SpaceGhost
08-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Ok so I'm in a guild currently and i am a officer in guild. which means I can Add or removes members. Now i do think people need to be carful who they add to rank of officer but. maybe there should be a feature where to delete people from guild it has to be comfirmed by guild leader or top few officers. Last night i counted 128 members in our guild. To day Three players proceded to delete every member from our guild. So i see this becoming a problem. Because before a formerly trusted officer leaves your guild he shouldnt be allowed to mess it up so easily. over 100 members where removed by a couple of bad people. Devs you might be able to track or check this out. and the names of the offenders are: Yourmom, Cadetjose, and fatmonkey. if you check and see this to be true maybe atleast they should be reset to 0 or kicked off or something for disrespecting your and our game!! I really think it should be addressed so iy doesnt happen again. it kinda ruined it. Our guilds been going since android beta started!! maybe you devs can put members back in guild.. thank you for this great game also!!

Ellyidol
08-11-2011, 07:20 PM
An easier fix would be screening the people who you appoint as officers better. This is a well-known problem in any guild. The problem isn't in why officers can boot people, it's who you elect as officers.

If you do implement that "Vote Boot" kinda thing, what happens when you need to boot a player immediately due to him ruining your guild name? Another problem arises.

This is what a guild leader is for.

bronislav84
08-11-2011, 07:20 PM
What guild was this that it happened to? Just wondering.

I think it's a matter of trust, and if you elect bad officers then this will happen. Officers doing that can't really be punished or it would negate the point of having officers if everything had to be confirmed by the leader. Don't punish everyone because of a few rotten apples.

SpaceGhost
08-11-2011, 08:34 PM
I totally agree with you guys!! but what if like 6 months from now when game is in full swing guilds are like numbering in the hundreds or maybe thousand members right. i been an officer whole time. the i just decide to say to hell with this clan. i didnt start it but im going to start my own guild right. Before i do so im gonna remove entire guild list and mess up guild for everybody else. now i was good officer at first but see how easy it is to mess it up. or at least if you are officer you shouldnt be able to go down whole list and delete a hundred or a thousand guild members if its not your guild. thats my point.

Ellyidol
08-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Sounds like a boot limit. Nothing more than 5 boots per officer daily?

SpaceGhost
08-11-2011, 08:41 PM
"Easier fix"? I could be a great officer and loyal to guild and all that. But once I decide to part for whatever reasons i shouldnt be able to ruin guild that i didnt start. It ruins it for all members of guild reguardless leader or not.

SpaceGhost
08-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I definatley agree with you here Ellyidol! Also maybe like notify Leader if multiple boots occur by officer.

Ellyidol
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
"Easier fix"? I could be a great officer and loyal to guild and all that. But once I decide to part for whatever reasons i shouldnt be able to ruin guild that i didnt start. It ruins it for all members of guild reguardless leader or not.

Fine, easier is questionable. But it's a better fix.

Prevention is better than cure. And the only way to prevent things like that from happening is choosing your officers wisely.

SpaceGhost
08-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Fine, easier is questionable. But it's a better fix.

Prevention is better than cure. And the only way to prevent things like that from happening is choosing your officers wisely.

Ok but my point is again, started great officer good game buddy loyal soldier. Things change. Maybe a person is sick or disturbed a bit or whatever. how can u know? it happens on teams all the time. but with option to do booting its too tempting. it will happen again. maybe then you will feel my point.

Also i agree we have too many officers and to easy to be officer maybe i need more professional guild.

Ellyidol
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Ok but my point is again, started great officer good game buddy loyal soldier. Things change. Maybe a person is sick or disturbed a bit or whatever. how can u know? it happens on teams all the time. but with option to do booting its too tempting. it will happen again. maybe then you will feel my point.

Also i agree we have too many officers and to easy to be officer maybe i need more professional guild.

Hahaha, sick and disturbed players :p

I do see your point though :)

mycroftxxx
08-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Yourmom also did this to another guild. I'd appreciate it if the devs took a moment to consider whether this is someone they want to have in the game.

I'm not sure what a good technical solution to this problem is. Many that seem obvious would require a lot of infrastructure to support. One idea would be to let the guild leader see who's been booted from the guild and give them an invite button to invite them back (or just readd them?).

Conradin
08-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey man- thanks for the warning- BEO screens very carefully though, so I think we will be ok.

For help with da players messing with your guild, email support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing the (at) with @.

Though theu may not be able to do anything, as it is part of the guild functionality.

Kalielle
08-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Not meant as a substitute for the other solutions offered, but as a word of advice: any guild member or officer/leader who cares about the guild should write down guild member names, make backups of any articles that the guild wrote on their forums, and do everything possible to be able to recreate the guild if an officer/leader goes crazy and does something like this.

I've seen this happen in other games where a very high ranking leader feels that his power is threatened and destroys the entire guild as a result. It's not just officers but the guild leader who could do this too, and at this point it falls to the lower ranking members/officers to recreate the guild. We once lost all our forum posts in another game's guild because one of the very high ranking leaders went crazy and deleted everything and we didn't have backups.

octavos
08-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Not meant as a substitute for the other solutions offered, but as a word of advice: any guild member or officer/leader who cares about the guild should write down guild member names, make backups of any articles that the guild wrote on their forums, and do everything possible to be able to recreate the guild if an officer/leader goes crazy and does something like this.

I've seen this happen in other games where a very high ranking leader feels that his power is threatened and destroys the entire guild as a result. It's not just officers but the guild leader who could do this too, and at this point it falls to the lower ranking members/officers to recreate the guild. We once lost all our forum posts in another game's guild because one of the very high ranking leaders went crazy and deleted everything and we didn't have backups.

Great example...the beta guild is no more lol :p

bronislav84
08-12-2011, 10:20 AM

Great example...the beta guild is no more lol :pBut that's Sam. I saw him guild-less last night, still at level 7 so he obviously doesn't get to play much and wants to not just set himself to 26. Poor guy works a lot.

But what did you expect with a Dev heading a guild for the beta? He clearly meant for it to only be during the beta, and since the beta ended, well there goes the guild. You should probably dissolve UBG as well.

Yvonnel
08-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Hey man- thanks for the warning- BEO screens very carefully though, so I think we will be ok.

For help with da players messing with your guild, email support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing the (at) with @.

Though theu may not be able to do anything, as it is part of the guild functionality.

Yeah Jespo and the officers do pretty good. I just can't wait to get the rest of the members over to SL.

octavos
08-12-2011, 12:01 PM
But that's Sam. I saw him guild-less last night, still at level 7 so he obviously doesn't get to play much and wants to not just set himself to 26. Poor guy works a lot.

But what did you expect with a Dev heading a guild for the beta? He clearly meant for it to only be during the beta, and since the beta ended, well there goes the guild. You should probably dissolve UBG as well.

Ummm...nope not devolving lol. the original beta, original guilds :p I can understand sam, but im a different fella.....lov the first beta players