PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Fixed value buffs to % increases.

Ellyidol
08-11-2011, 08:03 PM
With the likes of Iron Blood, Rage, the damage buff of mages, the armour buff too.

I'll use the bear skills since I'm more familiar.

Iron Blood only gives 30 armour at level 6. Currently, with a fortified set and some armour rings and dual spec stats, I get roughly 200 unbuffed armour (rounded up). A 30 armour increase would only mean a 15% armour buff.

The next update would probably bump up the armour value to, guessing 250 maybe? Point is, slowly and slowly the fixed value buffs would decrease in value. That's all.

This is for armour, same thing will happen for damage.

The dodge, crit, and Hit % buffs are unaffected since they're all %s anyway.

I don't know how this will effect twinks, big game changer, but I'm suggesting more on the end-game tone.

Thanks.

JaytB
08-11-2011, 08:07 PM
You definitely got a point there. I'm not sure what the solution could be at the moment though :/ But yeah, if nothing is done, these specific skills will become fairly obsolete the farther the level cap increases.

Edit: reading your title, are you suggesting that the armor buff should be a % buff too? Like 30% more armor or so. If yes, this could be a good solution but might cause imbalance in pvp. Not sure though...

TANKKAAR
08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Just wanna say Elly, I always love your posts and suggestions. They really make me consider aspects of the game that I really hadnt thought about before :-) thanks!

Edit:
@ jay, the solution IMO is apply a % increase with each point assigned per skill instead of the traditional set amount increase.

Ie: +30 armor at 200 base armor = 230 total or as Elly said about 15%
At 250 armor that same % would give about 45 armor if that makes sence

Ellyidol
08-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Me neither actually, I don't know how it can be fully implemented.

What comes to mind if they do something like this is:

1. Another rebalance to all the gear throughout the game - damage and armour wise.

2. Rebalance to the % increases too, gear and skill-wise.

Thinking more for long term really.

Edit:

Thanks Tank!

Jay,

Didn't really have a value % in mind, just more on to make it consistent with all the upcoming gear. IMO, it might also add more reason for armour builds and damage builds later on.

30% does sound a bit too much though.. Maybe constant 20%?

Edit edit:

Tank got it exactly right :p

Register
08-12-2011, 05:00 PM
I can see yout point but it should be different for different skills and skill values, of course. Look at mages BOM. Its a massive boost to the mages already. Most of the time, before I even get into the room, a mage would demolish most mobs easily. With bears, I can see why that would benefit and be more fun. Lol +30 armor seems teeny tiny compared to the 200 you have unbuffed xD But, I think mages BOM is too powerful as it is already. But putting it any lower would make the value per rank very odd. A % increase system would be really good though. Just not making it any powerful for mages. But what would happen to bears evasion? Its teeny tiny as it is lol. And bears usually dont have enough dodge to get a good percent out of unless its like 200% dodge increase xD
Anyways, nice suggestion! Very well writen as always :biggrin:

Ellyidol
08-12-2011, 08:42 PM
I can see yout point but it should be different for different skills and skill values, of course. Look at mages BOM. Its a massive boost to the mages already. Most of the time, before I even get into the room, a mage would demolish most mobs easily. With bears, I can see why that would benefit and be more fun. Lol +30 armor seems teeny tiny compared to the 200 you have unbuffed xD But, I think mages BOM is too powerful as it is already. But putting it any lower would make the value per rank very odd. A % increase system would be really good though. Just not making it any powerful for mages. But what would happen to bears evasion? Its teeny tiny as it is lol. And bears usually dont have enough dodge to get a good percent out of unless its like 200% dodge increase xD
Anyways, nice suggestion! Very well writen as always :biggrin:

True, but to be honest, I think what makes BoM that deadly is the crit, not the damage.

Look at Rage, it adds 60 damage (double of BoM) with 30 crit, but it doesn't make bears crit all the time. Mages get 60 crit compounded with their huge skill damage.

% issues call for another topic though. Still needs rebalancing of course, but different topic. BoM + dex Mage is easily over 100 crit, which means no headroom at all which was the reason for the previous rebalance. A birds dodge was 97 back then, with full void set and full dex. I think 100 crit is as potent as 97 dodge if used properly.

Just looking for consistency really :)

Register
08-13-2011, 10:56 AM
True, but to be honest, I think what makes BoM that deadly is the crit, not the damage.

Look at Rage, it adds 60 damage (double of BoM) with 30 crit, but it doesn't make bears crit all the time. Mages get 60 crit compounded with their huge skill damage.

% issues call for another topic though. Still needs rebalancing of course, but different topic. BoM + dex Mage is easily over 100 crit, which means no headroom at all which was the reason for the previous rebalance. A birds dodge was 97 back then, with full void set and full dex. I think 100 crit is as potent as 97 dodge if used properly.

Just looking for consistency really :)

lol 100 crit as way more potent IMO than 97 dodge. Lol you cant dodge if every enemy is already dead :wink: