PDA

View Full Version : Question about fortified set

Technique
08-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Does anyone here use fortified set on a Paladin?

I was wondering if the mana regeneration from the set is enough or if I should stick to fury set.

ECHUSER
08-11-2011, 11:37 PM
i tried this. mana regen is not enough if you want to contribute to the team. if you have gold, buy a handful of mana pots from ellie the enchantress at forest haven and have fun not dying. my str was at 137 and my int was at 167 w the vyx helm and other boosters. max armor w the ring of bravery was atleast 190. i'd recommend fortified w a few hundred mana pots if you want to never die in the sewers (alternate btwn blessing of vitality and magic shield vs bosses). if you think mana pots arent worth the gold, fury will work.

sun light
08-12-2011, 02:29 AM
if u lvl 56 u can wear forti gear with lvl 51 star wand an ull have like 11 mana regen
i can sell u the star lol

Technique
08-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Ok thanks...

Right now I'm using fury right now and the regeneration is awesome, and the armor is pretty good. I haven't did since I started using it, I guess ill stick with fury

Ellyidol
08-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Fury is perfect for pally, I wouldn't change it for anything at all.

friedkimchi
08-12-2011, 04:38 AM
Fury is best for Pally. Fortified is best for warbirds.

Bears shouldn't really use fury/fort set as its close to pointless (fury has insane mana regen which is pointless for bears, while fortified set has insane armour at the expense of dodge, which makes the insane armour pointless)

If you're a bear, I would highly recommend getting at least one piece of fury equip for the 6 m/s, cheapest is the Fury helm. And use a combination of sewer, bodyguard gear etc.

Just my opinions, based on seeing other bears and playing my own bear, which uses a combination of equips rather than a 'set'.

Ellyidol
08-12-2011, 05:23 AM
Fort is actually really quite good for a bear. Dodge is good, but too chancy. High armour accompanied with really high HS makes a really consistent tank.

Though if you're really lucky, the dodge set can tank better than the Fort set :) Fort is more versatile though, IMO.

JaytB
08-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Although I agree that fury feels very balanced for a pally for PVE, personally, I like fortified more. I played with both fury and fortified on a pally before and fury is nice to survive, but dmg is really really bad IMO. Fortified adds 32dmg, and, however tiny it might be, it also adds a little bit more to INT (cause it adds 14str instead of 12, meaning you can put a couple of more points in INT). If you're not going to dual spec, a pally in fortified adds more to the group then one in fury IMO. At least in fortified it feels like you're dealing some dmg. But yeah, I can imagine it's not for everyone because it just doesn't feel very balanced. It's all personal preference really.

For pvp, that's a whole different story IMO.

Formora
08-13-2011, 08:18 AM
For PVE, listen to the posts above. You can switch to fortified if you want, just bring your mana potions.

If you want to PVP, fury is the way to go. You will run out of mana incredibly fast with fortified, even my warbird does. But you'll definitely have lower damage (better than not being able to cast at all).

XghostzX
08-13-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm a pally and i ensure you fury is better for a pally than forified. Reason 1: Elfs deliver the most AOE damage which is why they need the m/s to keep that going. Reason 2: Yes, having lots of h/s and more armor is beneificial, but to me having more m/s is more beneficial because if you ever need your mana shield, you'll have plenty of mana to keep you alive longer. I suppose it is simply preference but just giving you my thoughts :)

JaytB
08-13-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm a pally and i ensure you fury is better for a pally than forified. Reason 1: Elfs deliver the most AOE damage which is why they need the m/s to keep that going.

Agreed, they SHOULD deal most AOE dmg, but with Fury they just don't deal much dmg at all. And about the mana, you have mana pots in PVE. The lack of damage of Fury makes me prefer fortified. But yeah, it's all personal preference really :)

XghostzX
08-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Agreed, they SHOULD deal most AOE dmg, but with Fury they just don't deal much dmg at all. And about the mana, you have mana pots in PVE. The lack of damage of Fury makes me prefer fortified. But yeah, it's all personal preference really :) Ooh, this is true. I guess i was referring more to the PvP type, thanks for letting me know. And yes, it's completely preference :)

Technique
08-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Hmm everyone is making good points, I guess all I can do is buy a fortified set and try it out.

XghostzX
08-13-2011, 04:59 PM
Hmm everyone is making good points, I guess all I can do is buy a fortified set and try it out. Worst comes to worse, you don't like fortified set so just sell it and buy fury. :)

Technique
08-13-2011, 05:12 PM
I already have fury, I'm planning on buying fortified and comparing the two and keep which ever I like best. When I was pure int I used enchanted set which also didn't have much mana regeneration and it worked fine for me.

WhoIsThis
08-13-2011, 09:21 PM
I already have fury, I'm planning on buying fortified and comparing the two and keep which ever I like best. When I was pure int I used enchanted set which also didn't have much mana regeneration and it worked fine for me.

Pure int with enchanted has more mana regeneration than a fury pally. For pvp, enchanted does not give enough mana regen for mage vs mage or mage vs bear.

ECHUSER
08-14-2011, 12:13 PM
i decided to try out fury for my mage and the damage just isnt there. mana regen is noticeably better than fortified though. i personally dont mind spending gold on mana pots. i do believe however that the level increase will affect the price of fortified more than it will fury.

lilgangster
08-14-2011, 12:18 PM
even though my chcaracter is a level 51. im gonna be a huge noob! and ask a question... will sum1 please tell wat is mana regen?

ECHUSER
08-14-2011, 12:20 PM
the more mana regen you have, the quicker your purple bar fills up by itself. if you're bar doesnt fill up on its own, you need to use mana pots to fill it. mana is what you need to cast your spells.

XghostzX
08-15-2011, 08:33 AM
i decided to try out fury for my mage and the damage just isnt there. mana regen is noticeably better than fortified though. i personally dont mind spending gold on mana pots. i do believe however that the level increase will affect the price of fortified more than it will fury. Most people when they say this have a weak hit percent. Your a mage, you deal the most damage, just not all at once. What's your hit percent? Mines 91 (if i was level 56, it could be 92). People who put points in to str and the rest in int have around 75 percent. People that put 173 into str and the rest into dex have about 85.

AbsolutePally
08-16-2011, 02:06 AM
Oh yay! Ghost commented on pally stuff :)
I too am a pally. Now if you are just going to PvE then Fort can be good, if you don't care about mana pots. The armor amd regeneration will be good vs computer opponents, therefore easier than pvp. You won't need your mana shield in the sewers. Now pvp, Fort absolutely FAILS.
To be a little more specific, and help with your Fort gear you will need a good build and ring. Fort gives only 4 mana reg as its bonus. Horrible for mages. Especially if you are str/dex like me and Ghost. Remember, int gives mana pool and m/s at a rate of plus 1 at 11 int and plus 1 every 50 int after that. So 11, 61, 111, 161 equals 4 m/s. Here is a build I played with that will be slightly more balanced. Since str/int gives less than 80% hit but will give you more reg n mana pool and str/dex will give you 10% more hit, more damage but no reg of mana. try this, go 67 int 117 or 125 if you want to switch from fort to fury and rest dex. Get yourself a 2% hit 2 mana reg 4 damage ring. This will boost the three biggest weaknesses of the sets. You have about 84% hit and 9 mana reg w rev buff in fort. If you run out of mana have Fury set in you loadout to quickly change gear to regenerate and dodge your way back to perfect health.