PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the New Star Legends Artwork?

Samhayne
08-11-2011, 11:28 PM

Phoenixking
08-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I think its mighty fine sammy!!
1st 3 times in a row XD im on a roll lol

Doubletime
08-11-2011, 11:34 PM

Nice Sam. I would call it "busty and awesome". :)

Nourish
08-11-2011, 11:49 PM
I don't like the "USC" on the left of the circle, it's just kinds awkward there IMO but looks fantastic!

SUPAPRODIGY
08-12-2011, 12:01 AM
What do the numbers stand for

Conradin
08-12-2011, 12:26 AM
The Girls hair should be purple or black- it would go better, and give more a mature feel.

Kalielle
08-12-2011, 06:13 AM
Really nice forceful style. Goes better with the style of the PL graphics than the old SL art. I really like the lightning on the guy's fists. I also like how the characters look human, whereas in the previous art the woman in particular looked alien with those blue lips and weird eyes, and was hard to identify with.

Not sure how I feel about the cleavage. Nothing wrong with it if the characters were going to a party, but for *combat armor*, speaking as a woman, I'd prefer something with as much coverage/protection as possible!! :p It also kind of makes the game look like it's aimed at a male audience only. The rest of the graphic already kind of makes it look that way, because of its tough look. So it's really important to make the female character look like something women would want to play.

Agree with Conradin about the purple hair - although I'm not sure if it would show up well enough on a dark background.

Not sure how I feel about the guy on the right... I realize he's supposed to be though but he looks like he'd belong in a game with a name like Gangstas Galore, more than in a space universe. Could be the helmets - in the previous art one of the guys had a helmet and the other had a spacesuit that came up to his chin with that large spacesuit opening for his head. I don't know, they just don't seem that spaceship-ey in this graphic. Maybe a futuristic looking headphone with microphone or helmet would help.

Anyway I'm just being nitpicky. I do like it overall. :)

Yvonnel
08-12-2011, 06:29 AM
Nice!

Any hope in you guys getting the art department to make us some wallpapers?

Silentarrow
08-12-2011, 06:35 AM
I like it, all three classes look so tempting! I can't decide which I'll main.

Lowlyspy
08-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Is this the final product? also the commando's legs look unnaturally thin compared to the size of the armor above the gun (which if im correct, is a rumble), just a little constructive criticism. Thats probly my only problem with it, looks great guys keep up the superb work.

KhaosAngel
08-12-2011, 06:39 AM
That commando looks like yours truly:) I think its eye catching- when people are searching on the market for somethn "shooter" or maybe even "cool" I believe this will grab them- it makes me think that there will be alot of action and teamwork- colors pop nicely, expressions say we're going to kick some A**

Flowman
08-12-2011, 01:00 PM
seems too 'pixelated' to the point where the foreground is almost TOO sharp and in focus…and seems like the characters should be shifted to the left as the commandos size just completely takes over the right half.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Can we get the Xbox 360 headphones plz as a vanity item it would look so COOL :rolleyes:

mycroftxxx
08-12-2011, 01:40 PM
Um, I don't want to sound all PC, but making the physically weakest character female will probably get you some flak.

KhaosAngel
08-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Um, I don't want to sound all PC, but making the physically weakest character female will probably get you some flak.
you might be right but look at the barrel on her pistol-thats got to be 100-120 caliber:rapture:

octavos
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM

Lov it eng....looks like me lol

Flowman
08-12-2011, 02:32 PM
oh and the engineer needs a more aggressive lightning effect if he's going to have it at all. I wouldn't know what it was if I was a new guy with no experience or info about the game

octavos
08-12-2011, 02:51 PM
oh and the engineer needs a more aggressive lightning effect if he's going to have it at all. I wouldn't know what it was if I was a new guy with no experience or info about the game

along the same lines but more action packed...., side silhouette, commando firing, op in seeking position, and engineer, in the back of the two...need more movement, or feeling of movement :)

p.s throw in a beam sword in there also lol

Ovocotto
08-12-2011, 02:59 PM
I like it:)

Pman3255
08-12-2011, 03:02 PM
pretty nice. looks a little pixely on a phone like too rich but looks nice on a computer

JaytB
08-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Really cool artwork IMO :D

As said already, I do think light purple hair would look better with the rest of the colors used.

Roc
08-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Looks excellent! Love the red/burgundy color the best :angel:

Anabariez
08-13-2011, 05:17 AM
It looks awesome! But I think the USC should be in the spot right above their heads. I think it would make it look more balanced and stand out more.

Sulfurus
08-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Wow! Really nice! Good work Sam!

Blind
08-13-2011, 09:40 AM
I don't like it AT ALL

SUPAPRODIGY
08-13-2011, 09:59 AM
The tank or the guy with red armor looks weak add more stuff to him like a scar or something

Zaltiar
08-13-2011, 10:44 AM
Nice!, I'm thinking of doing some star legends fan artwork :), now...if only there was a Starlegends fan art's section somewhere. *hint.hint*

BodMaster
08-13-2011, 02:15 PM
Awsome job!! If I didn't know anything about SL and come across that pic im sure it would tempt me into to trying the game out atleast :)

I do agree with some of the other comments about changes tho.. the com with 'chicken legs' (engi pwn him in that region).. the USC does look a little awkward I kept looking at the pic and just looks like it should be somewhere else.. also the Ops hair would look better 'red/purple' colours and haven't got to worry about the Op being a woman she would pwn all of them in kills haha beasts!