PDA

View Full Version : Planar tomb 2 boss

Tiki Aborigine
06-07-2016, 02:51 PM
I'm lv56 warrior and I'm really shocking when boss in planar tomb 2 one shot me ignoring my 9.5k HP, over 3.8k armor, juggernaut and nekro's shield. It is not every run, but so much runs I became killed by one shot...
Someone tolde it is because I have bad ping, but my ping is 300-360.
Any other ideas?

Eagle Eye229
06-07-2016, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a instant death.but I could be wrong.

Could be your ping.you could be taking hits you don't know about.

All you can do is avoid those red zones.gl

codered
06-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Red zone is there as a warning and area u should avoid as soon it is appeared,,it might the boss crits u so bad,,

ilhanna
06-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Try stun with Kelvin immediately at big red zone (save horn/Nekro shield for this time too in case your Kelvin lags)
The red zone is a curse zone and any damage you deal to the boss is returned to you. If you use Aegis and the proc damage hits just as you are inside the red zone, it can kill you

Tiki Aborigine
06-07-2016, 03:41 PM
I don't stay in red zone and always stun boss using nekro. He kill me with normal attack after his jump

Avaree
06-07-2016, 03:46 PM
?.... always stun boss using nekro....

Buy kelvin ftw! 100% stun every 15 sec. Best pet to use for stunning bosses.

Tiki Aborigine
06-07-2016, 03:50 PM
Buy kelvin ftw! 100% stun every 15 sec. Best pet to use for stunning pets.
If I use kelvin I die sometimes too. I fly don't know how boss one shot me.
Also I think that armor is useless now. I got same DMG with 3.8k armor and 3k armor.

dinzly
06-07-2016, 11:15 PM
mybe u need a MM pet user too..big red circle is an instant death unless u using HoR..avoid it by running to the upper right corner or go below at boss entrance where u cannot see the boss (this is how i do t2 when i dont hv ankh)

AL ign : Ulleros

Tiki Aborigine
06-08-2016, 01:29 AM
mybe u need a MM pet user too..big red circle is an instant death unless u using HoR..avoid it by running to the upper right corner or go below at boss entrance where u cannot see the boss (this is how i do t2 when i dont hv ankh)

AL ign : Ulleros
I have mm, nekro, sns, tried to use all pets and sometimes I don't die, sometimes he one shot me. K I will try

xRyuzanki
06-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Hmmm...
I think the best solution there is to either Nerf the boss or Buff Warriors Armor/Hp !

Asron9
06-08-2016, 12:52 PM
k din i will try too cos um always jumped into the big red zone before hihi

Sent from my Lenovo A1900 using Tapatalk

Terminhater
06-08-2016, 02:31 PM
You're fighting close combat and getting cursed.

Do you notice a cloud above your head as you die ?

Try speed lixer to successfully get away from his redzones.

Safiras
06-08-2016, 06:15 PM
The boss has two redzone attacks:

The first one a charging attack where the boss warns you with a narrow rectangular red zone before running in the direction of the red zone. This will one hit a typical endgame geared mage or rogue but a well-geared tank should be able to tank this hit. This is also annoying to avoid as the aiming mechanism shifts wildly with the target of the boss's aggro.

The second one is the one everyone is referring to in this thread: the incredibly OP curse attack. The boss warns you of this attack by displaying the circular red zone around itself. If you do not move out of the red zone in time, or you don't stun the boss in time, you will get hit and any damage you land on the boss will be amplified and reflected back at you. This includes damage-over-time like bleed and poison damage.

The key to avoiding the curse attack is to stun the boss. Stuns using player skills do not work (e.g. weapon charged attack stun, skyward smash stun). Nekro/Samael panic is unreliable as the AA of the pets only has a CHANCE to panic the target, hence if you press AA and the panic does not happen, you're toast. So use KELVIN, the pet with the 100% chance to stun one target within range.

Some people use Kelvin and say they still get screwed over by the boss. Why is that?
1.Pressing the AA too late. The curse attack must be cancelled the moment the boss warns you of it. That means the moment you see the circular red zone appear, smash that AA button immediately. If you delay in pressing it the boss quickly releases the attack resulting in near-instant death to you and your party.

2. Your Kelvin hit one of the skeleton mobs that randomly spawns during the boss battle. A way to avoid this is to lure the boss to the side of the boss area and fight him there. I've found that this tends to reduce the chance of the mobs spawning. If the skeletons do spawn, send your DPS over to kill it ASAP, while you (the tank) keep the boss occupied.

3. The boss throws yet another curse attack at you while your Kelvin AA is on cooldown. So this is why I make sure that in my party, two of us are using Kelvin at boss. So that one Kelvin is ready to use at any time if the other is on cooldown. It's very useful to plan with your party a stun order, e.g. which party member will hit the AA on boss first, so you can cycle your pets so one is ready while the other is on cooldown, much like heal timing and Nekro timing in PvP. Two Kelvin at boss is enough, three or more may confuse the order of stunning the boss but may offer insurance if one of your party members accidentally hits the AA at the wrong time.

For those of you who are concerned about Kelvin's lousy stats, the new Pet Animancy system saves the day! Just slot Kelvin into the AA slot of one of your better pets (I slotted my Kelvin into Nightshade). You'll have the benefit of the Kelvin AA while maintaining your attack power on boss.

I hope this post helps anyone with the Planar Tombs 2 boss. Practice enough and you will find the boss fight a cakewalk. Cheers!

Oezheasate
06-09-2016, 02:35 AM
The boss has two redzone attacks:

The first one a charging attack where the boss warns you with a narrow rectangular red zone before running in the direction of the red zone. This will one hit a typical endgame geared mage or rogue but a well-geared tank should be able to tank this hit. This is also annoying to avoid as the aiming mechanism shifts wildly with the target of the boss's aggro.

The second one is the one everyone is referring to in this thread: the incredibly OP curse attack. The boss warns you of this attack by displaying the circular red zone around itself. If you do not move out of the red zone in time, or you don't stun the boss in time, you will get hit and any damage you land on the boss will be amplified and reflected back at you. This includes damage-over-time like bleed and poison damage.

The key to avoiding the curse attack is to stun the boss. Stuns using player skills do not work (e.g. weapon charged attack stun, skyward smash stun). Nekro/Samael panic is unreliable as the AA of the pets only has a CHANCE to panic the target, hence if you press AA and the panic does not happen, you're toast. So use KELVIN, the pet with the 100% chance to stun one target within range.

Some people use Kelvin and say they still get screwed over by the boss. Why is that?
1.Pressing the AA too late. The curse attack must be cancelled the moment the boss warns you of it. That means the moment you see the circular red zone appear, smash that AA button immediately. If you delay in pressing it the boss quickly releases the attack resulting in near-instant death to you and your party.

2. Your Kelvin hit one of the skeleton mobs that randomly spawns during the boss battle. A way to avoid this is to lure the boss to the side of the boss area and fight him there. I've found that this tends to reduce the chance of the mobs spawning. If the skeletons do spawn, send your DPS over to kill it ASAP, while you (the tank) keep the boss occupied.

3. The boss throws yet another curse attack at you while your Kelvin AA is on cooldown. So this is why I make sure that in my party, two of us are using Kelvin at boss. So that one Kelvin is ready to use at any time if the other is on cooldown. It's very useful to plan with your party a stun order, e.g. which party member will hit the AA on boss first, so you can cycle your pets so one is ready while the other is on cooldown, much like heal timing and Nekro timing in PvP. Two Kelvin at boss is enough, three or more may confuse the order of stunning the boss but may offer insurance if one of your party members accidentally hits the AA at the wrong time.

For those of you who are concerned about Kelvin's lousy stats, the new Pet Animancy system saves the day! Just slot Kelvin into the AA slot of one of your better pets (I slotted my Kelvin into Nightshade). You'll have the benefit of the Kelvin AA while maintaining your attack power on boss.

I hope this post helps anyone with the Planar Tombs 2 boss. Practice enough and you will find the boss fight a cakewalk. Cheers!

Perfect, nothing left to say safnab.

leoakre
06-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Buy kelvin ftw! 100% stun every 15 sec. Best pet to use for stunning bosses.

Watch out Ava sweety, you're gonna get nabbed for those acronyms xD

I did :)

Tiki Aborigine
06-10-2016, 11:53 PM
Ty guys, I'm really die cause curse