PDA

View Full Version : Bosses -> Give them Loot Tables

FeralDruid
04-13-2010, 11:19 AM
End Game right now is simply farming for loots as there is no PvP or Quests in PL.

Now that I'm farming, I'm wondering why I'm getting Rare items off trash mobs and only gold off of bosses. As tedious as farming is, its also gratifying knowing you'll be guaranteed something on the boss that you can either use or vendor.

I spent 2 hours farming last night and only came up with 1 orange item, and the rest where grey trash. I couldn't even use the orange item, and spending 2 hours farming for 76 gold didn't seem like much of an incentive to continue.

Thanks for reading!

Deathshock
04-13-2010, 06:52 PM
I dont think bosses even drop anything special at this point yet.

Zithorio
04-14-2010, 01:06 AM
I have a related but different problem, farming seems useless to me, I currently have 3 really good loots, one purple armor a green weapon and a green hat for my enchantress. My problem is that more purples, even blues are just too rare! And then when people freakin' join your game and get the last hit on something, they get the blue loot! Like what the heck?! It's rare enough to get a blue but to have someone steal both blue drops in a row!!! Now I'm not gonna find epic and legendaries for another 2000 kills! Good luck finding me online, I don't feel like playing anymore!

Deathshock
04-14-2010, 01:12 AM
Uhh i dont think there are blue... lol

Zithorio
04-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Blues are a level below purple/legendary so I guess epic...

se99jmk
04-14-2010, 04:11 AM
I agree that the there should be more of an incentive to kill bosses (which at least require some team work and less likely to be soloed!)
Definitely a better loot table, with less likely to get the best stuff from random trash mobs..

Was quite surprised when I found we almost never got any drop at all from the named bosses!

Deathshock
04-14-2010, 07:21 PM
They'll probably change that down the line.

And there's no blue

"Sorted by quality:

Trash = grey
Common = white
Uncommon = orange
Rare = green
Epic = purple
Legendary = pink

-ALS "

Flamin
04-14-2010, 07:31 PM
I have a related but different problem, farming seems useless to me, I currently have 3 really good loots, one purple armor a green weapon and a green hat for my enchantress. My problem is that more purples, even blues are just too rare! And then when people freakin' join your game and get the last hit on something, they get the blue loot! Like what the heck?! It's rare enough to get a blue but to have someone steal both blue drops in a row!!! Now I'm not gonna find epic and legendaries for another 2000 kills! Good luck finding me online, I don't feel like playing anymore!

See my thread, and look at the part about the need/greed/pass system.

Banned
04-14-2010, 07:34 PM
I have a crap ton of purples. I have yet to see a pink item though.

Buvet
04-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Pink is incredibly good, most people I've talked to have gotten one, I've yet to see someone with more than that... While I think that increasing the amount of gold and exp given out by defeating a boss should be increased, having a set "special item" drop for each boss seems a bit ridiculous. Either they would be sucky weapons so that it didn't unbalance the game, or they would become widespread, and everyone would get one. Even at 1% drop rate, with the new trade system farmers could sell any extras off to people.

I guess I wouldn't really mind gimmick drops that much off of bosses, but I don't think that they should be any more effective than the average weapon.

FeralDruid
04-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Farming in other games is all about the Boss drops. Simple fix for farmers is to make them Bind on Equip or Bind on Pick Up. Problem solved :)

Flamin
04-14-2010, 07:55 PM
I agree bosses should drop better items, and the bosses in higher level packs should drop even better items like purple or pink items.

Buvet
04-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Even without farmers selling many of the drops; since the levels are so short and replayed so often, I think that eventually there would be an influx. Good call on the bind, though.