PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on the Deal of the Day

Samhayne
08-12-2011, 10:34 AM
I've had a couple of questions about the Deal of the Day functionality so I wanted to post clarification. Currently, Deal of the Day functionality is only available in the Android version of Pocket Legends. This is because we can immediately publish to the Android Market without an approval wait. If you're playing on Android and not seeing the Deal of the Day, delete and re-install to update your client. Here are the links:

* Pocket Legends on Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=sts.pl
* Pocket Legends direct download: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?12738-PocketLegends.apk-now-available-for-those-without-market-access.

Deal of the Day will be included in our submission to Apple (along with Guilds and a whole lot of other goodies) that we're preparing to submit.

The way the Deal of the Day works is, when you first log in, to display what the current daily deal is. You can always go back to the deal via the icon at character select. As I write this article, the deal that is on is for Gold:

A new deal comes up every 24 hours. You can see the countdown clock for how long the current deal will be available. We'll have more details about the schedule of what's will be available on Deal of the Day when the feature goes live for all clients. That way, you'll know when to look for items you are interested in.

We plan to re-do all the deals that have been up when the feature goes live for iOS clients. That way, everyone will have the opportunity to obtain items that they might have otherwise missed, for example the Red HoloShield we made available via the Deal of the Day last week.

If you have more questions about the Deal of the Day, please post them here, thanks!

Redbridge
08-12-2011, 10:37 AM
sweet

Zbooo
08-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Awesome!

Survivorfan
08-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Can't wait till release for iOS!

Irulelol
08-12-2011, 10:56 AM
This sounds great but will everything be that much platinum?

Samhayne
08-12-2011, 11:19 AM
This sounds great but will everything be that much platinum?

We have ideas for all sorts of different deals. We want them all to be deals, though. Some won't cost much, some will.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Can you do something with deal of the day but in order to get the item we would need to do like a quest in order to get it :)

AOmonsta
08-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Well I bought the ctf deal of the day, and no one plays. Lame haha.

Ovocotto
08-12-2011, 02:22 PM
Wow:D

Kraze
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Any clarification how the deal of the day is Amy different than the plat store sales you use to just patch in like the emote sale? Is it to avoid having to do a daily patch to update?

Otukura
08-12-2011, 02:33 PM
At endgame everyone plays.

Ixillicus
08-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Well I bought the ctf deal of the day, and no one plays. Lame haha.

There is quite a following for CTF at level 55, depends on the time of day, too.

Samhayne
08-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Any clarification how the deal of the day is Amy different than the plat store sales you use to just patch in like the emote sale? Is it to avoid having to do a daily patch to update?

The Deal of the Day is just an extension of the Platinum Store. The deals are always less that you could otherwise have bought them for (like the gold deal at the start) or items you can't otherwise get off the Platinum Store (like the exclusive Red Holoshield offered last week).

Flickz
08-14-2011, 11:58 PM

The Deal of the Day is just an extension of the Platinum Store. The deals are always less that you could otherwise have bought them for (like the gold deal at the start) or items you can't otherwise get off the Platinum Store (like the exclusive Red Holoshield offered last week). Except the red holoshield which was the same price as the first one offered

thefirehawk
08-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Can u plz make some more vanity deals and some people arnt that rich in real life and can't afford plat plz make a few cost gold instead of plat or make that plat be less for the deal

Bakoffmycandy
08-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I just got all warm & fuzzy inside :D

Cascade
08-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the clarification sam...Any chance of this being on Star Legends?

Arterra
08-15-2011, 02:45 PM
One question: is this red holo shield finally stashable? xD

Man, missing just one day due to travel could be disastrous for specialty vanity collectors...

Technique
08-15-2011, 02:55 PM
One question: is this red holo shield finally stashable? xD

Man, missing just one day due to travel could be disastrous for specialty vanity collectors...

Yes, yes it is.

thedream
08-15-2011, 04:25 PM
i wish i could buy a snowman helm or pumpkin head in the deal of the day anyway that could happen even for a day >.<

thefirehawk
08-15-2011, 04:57 PM
C I just think that they should make more vanity deals people like those

Navygreen
08-22-2011, 01:08 PM
I love this feature. Thanks a lot for adding this! Is the Red Holoshield coming back? I missed it :( I love platinum and I will pay whatever it costs!

Lowellpimpd
08-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Its unfair to every who did the 'so called one time or haliday quest vainty items. Any thing to make money

Jyzo
08-30-2011, 08:10 AM
i hope the snowman head, pumpkin head and big luck come back, i lost mine and would be happy to pay the price to get it again

Navygreen
08-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Any thing to make money

It's about the bottom line. Without the finances, how does a company survive? How do WE survive? Business is business is business. Beautiful that the game is free, however. No need to pay for these items if you don't want to. :)