PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Block Guild Requests & Friend Requests

IBNobody
08-12-2011, 05:55 PM
I am not in a guild, and I currently do not want to join one.
I do not become "friends" with people I've never met.

This doesn't stop people from spamming me with friend and guild requests. It irks me to see the green spam come up.

Please let us turn this off, if we wish.

bronislav84
08-12-2011, 09:38 PM
I agree with this. At least the friend spam. They don't go away after relog. The guild invites do so at least to me they're not as irksome.

Frequently I find myself telling people I don't accept friend invites from random people. Why the heck do people think this is ok? It's like coming up to somebody on the street and asking to be their friend. You wouldn't do this IRL, so why is it ok online?

dcichoracki
08-13-2011, 12:05 AM
I am not in a guild, and I currently do not want to join one.
I do not become "friends" with people I've never met.

This doesn't stop people from spamming me with friend and guild requests. It irks me to see the green spam come up.

Please let us turn this off, if we wish.

I agree with this on both counts...i don't want to add that engineer who never heals, nor do I want to add the commando who hides at the back so they aren't the first target. Also, running ahead so the whole team dies is not a friendly thing to do.

As for guild invites, I made my own guild for that reason alone. I don't recruit & don't plan to. If people ask, I will consider it, but really, having a guild name has stopped all the guild invite spam. Also, I gotta admit, the tier 3 hall benefits are nice.

The other thing about friend requests: I don't need to be bothered by every level 6 hanging around to be their friend just so they can spam invite me to help them level.

IBNobody
08-13-2011, 07:47 AM
As for guild invites, I made my own guild for that reason alone. I don't recruit & don't plan to. If people ask, I will consider it, but really, having a guild name has stopped all the guild invite spam. Also, I gotta admit, the tier 3 hall benefits are nice.

I considered making my own guild, too, but I didn't think I could get to tier 3. How'd you do it solo?

xero
08-13-2011, 08:12 AM
I'm all for this idea as well. However there is something that keeps nagging me at the back of my mind.

The argument I make is this: at some point, you may been sent a FR from someone that, during a few runs, played their role and you played yours as well, and they decided that you were alright in their eyes to send the afformentioned FR to. What then? Do you continue to ignore them? As for RL, people make friends with one another through a common interest or action all the time.

I'm all for helping new players learn the game, and ill even help them level a little bit, but I don't make it a habit to accept every request that gets sent to me. I tend to scrutinize everyone I play with (by that, I mean, I have a small mental checklist that I tend to run through that helps me decide if I should accept a FR, should one come my way).

At least try and give someone a chance (I'm not talking about those newbies/lowbies that spam requests so they can get you to help them level. A lot of player's intentions are transparent enough that you can see what they're trying to get at). Then decide if they are worth being friends with.

dcichoracki
08-13-2011, 11:32 AM

I considered making my own guild, too, but I didn't think I could get to tier 3. How'd you do it solo?

It costs 70 platinum for the guild hall...that's it, no member requirements at all.

xXDamonDXx
08-13-2011, 11:55 AM
I have wanted a block friend request option for a long long time. All those requests spammed at me in PL. So yeah thats great idea on that.

But block guild invites is a must, sitting on an alt that was only lvl 3 went afk for a few minutes, came back to find 6 guilds invites lol. Not the only character i have experienced it on.

If they dont add a block friend request im not so bothered, but i really hope they add a block guild invite button sometime soon.

Sent from my Tardis Type-40 using Tapatalk

Sulfurus
08-13-2011, 12:13 PM
I would not use this feature but i think it's usefull... So why not?

nazgulking
08-13-2011, 12:37 PM
If this is implemented I would use it ASAP

bronislav84
08-13-2011, 12:46 PM
I have wanted a block friend request option for a long long time. All those requests spammed at me in PL. So yeah thats great idea on that.

But block guild invites is a must, sitting on an alt that was only lvl 3 went afk for a few minutes, came back to find 6 guilds invites lol. Not the only character i have experienced it on.

If they dont add a block friend request im not so bothered, but i really hope they add a block guild invite button sometime soon.

Sent from my Tardis Type-40 using TapatalkHow are you bothered more by guild invites than friend invites? Guild invites go away between sessions, friend invites don't and blink for eternity until accepted or denied. I'm sorry but I don't understand this.

xXDamonDXx
08-13-2011, 01:39 PM
How are you bothered more by guild invites than friend invites? Guild invites go away between sessions, friend invites don't and blink for eternity until accepted or denied. I'm sorry but I don't understand this.

Well friend request are most time fine, but i still want an option to block them if i choose to.

As for guild invites, well just out of training on an alt I go Afk get tons of invites. (Not just my alts)
Thing is I don't want to join a guild, so I don't want people spamming invites to me, yeah I know they will go away but I don't want to have to explain to the officers or guild master that i don't want to join a guild yet, or do i want to not say anything so they think i am ignoring them since a few have also asked me in chat if i wanted to join a guild.
It's much much easier for them to have a similar message to the reject gifts message displayed to them so they know that your not open guild invites and that you don't want to join one.

And for Friend Request, Yeah friends requests are good, but in PL i get so many friend requests from people asking me to give them gold or items. Yeah I don't really want them on friend lists nor do I want an invite from them.
And if someone wants to friend me after we play a few games or get chatting then fine I will unblock it so they can friend me.

Both options in both games would be good, but block guild invites i want more. (Way More XD)
... Oh and sorry if I didn't explain that to well, I always explain stuff in an in-human kinda way lol.

bronislav84
08-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Still though, guild invites are not as intrusive as friend invites. AFK is AFK. People should understand lol.