PDA

View Full Version : New Guild content Ideas.

Teramind
08-12-2011, 11:09 PM
So I'm make this post as I really haven't found one on the subject.

Hopefully my ideas will take off and get noticed and supported.

I was thinkin that their needs to be more ranks in the guild then just member and officer this will give people within guilds something to work towards if they are really into supporting their guild. With the rank directly under the Guild Master allowin high ranking guild members to invite people to their guild or kick people from their guild. This will ensure that only trusted guild members are allowed to invite and kick players. Since their seems to be alot of talk about people either bashin on guilds and players gettin to the officer rank and then kicking all the guild members out just to cause trouble. You can screen players all you want but short of meeting person in question face to face you can't really know if you can fully trust someone they could just be putting on a show to gain access to stuff. I feel that more ranks within a guild will strengthen a Guild.

Maybe and additional 4 - 5 ranks would be good.

In the Guild Hall I think there should be something like a Terminal the will show like a motto for the guild or a brief summary/ history of the guild that the Guild Master can type up and edit. I think its a cool idea that goes better with the time period and setting that Star Legends gives us, but that idea can be up for debate.

Anyone else reading this if you like the idea or have ideas of you own please post.

Flowman
08-13-2011, 06:29 AM
More ranks would be too confusing. Plus there's not enough to actually DO within a guild to need more ranks.

Gluttony
08-13-2011, 07:38 AM
Ok, so if there were more ranks in a guild what would the other ranks do? Leaders can add or remove everyone, officers can add or remove members, so what would the other rank(s) do? I understand that you would like members to have something to work towards but it seems that you're just adding titles without any actual privileges.

Flowman
08-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Ok, so if there were more ranks in a guild what would the other ranks do? Leaders can add or remove everyone, officers can add or remove members, so what would the other rank(s) do? I understand that you would like members to have something to work towards but it seems that you're just adding titles without any actual privileges.
Thanks for saying exactly what I just said with more words.

Lobsta
08-13-2011, 01:55 PM
I agree with Teraminds idea. Ive played other games with multiple ranks and it works a lot better. Just one added rank would be good. Have one rank that can both invite and boot people and one rank that can only invite.

Also, in addition to the guild summary/history, you can have a guild bullitin listing news and changes. Or you can just put that under your guild summary. Either way i like the idea.

Reggin
08-13-2011, 01:59 PM
How about the much more necessary feature of adding a real guild stash... Normal members can deposit and browse, and officers can withdraw to give to members... That would be much more useful than another rank IMHO...

Raulur
08-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Split officer into two ranks, call the higher one guardian. Make officers only able to recruit, but not boot.

Add a guild Vault (secure stash) that can only be accessed by guardians and the GM. Guardians and the GM should both be able to spend plat to increase the vault size.

I know you can do this with a separate account, but it is huge pain in the rear.

Edit: Combine my idea with the post above. That would be useful.

Teramind
08-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Well I thought I would just throw my thoughts out there and see what kind of feedback I could get.

I like the idea that Reggin and Raulur has about a guild stash that's something I hadn't considered yet.

With my added rank idea I think it would be good. For example If I had just joined a guild I wouldn't be satisfied just being a "member" or "officer" the title themselves don't really feel all the rewarding. I would want to strive to get to the highest rank I could within my guild as I am more of a leader then a follower. And a method to get to the higher ranks might be something like assisting my guild members as best I can whether that be acquiring better gear for members or helping them level up or possible adding funds to the guild (personally I'm undecided on the subject).

With all this in mind I know SL is still in beta but I hope that our ideas help add content to SL once beta is finished.

MuskTheWicked
08-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Good idea. Im on ur side. But not too much rank. At least another 1 or 2 would be ok.

Nike
08-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Split officer into two ranks, call the higher one guardian. Make officers only able to recruit, but not boot.

Add a guild Vault (secure stash) that can only be accessed by guardians and the GM. Guardians and the GM should both be able to spend plat to increase the vault size.

I know you can do this with a separate account, but it is huge pain in the rear.

Edit: Combine my idea with the post above. That would be useful.

Great ideas Raulur. I wish that Gear Vault will be implemented cos holding guild stash on each account is so limited. Juggling it between several characters with limited stash does make it a pain on top of not being able to view it in alphabetical order. That's inventory management nightmare lol

Nike
08-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Some extra thoughts about guild hall features :

1. Teleporting to Guild Hall - I think it would be great if we could have a Guild Hall button somewhere in our menu so we can directly teleport to it rather than having to make our way to it via Blackstar each time. Also being able to then invite other members to it or being able to join other members there would be a great functionality to add.

2. I just surveyed Guild Hall Tier 1 for the first time after having purchased or come to know Tier 3 guild halls for some time. I loved the decor and elements that were injected into its design i.e. being thematic, a huge tv screen and even a seat for guild master. So why does a Tier 3 Guild Hall look so spartan and not have some kind of pizazz in its design element to make it truly a penthouse guild hall? Each of the 3 large rooms are identical and lack decorations. I hope the devs will give this some consideration considering the difference in price and perceived value/prestige. Granted there are more features like the enhancers and stims at great value but it doesn't look that much more special than the other levels design wise. Pimp our penthouse devs ;) Thank you!

Uzikrabd
09-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Lol didnt see this, posted something bout ranks too lol i agree, almost a month behind your post tera Lol

cagethewicked
09-07-2011, 01:59 PM
i like both ideas . gives more structure.
Cagedkiller of L.O.A