PDA

View Full Version : Loadouts - a confusing business (I need answers)

brian_spence_ni
08-13-2011, 07:24 PM
I was reading Elly's guide on dual-specing and the usefulness of loadouts. Gave it a try, and epic fail.

I have my build such that all the strength bonuses from my equipment (50 str) means my base strength (123) plus bonuses put me to 173 strength, which allows we to equip bear level 55 equipment. However, I got a bit confused thinking that the loadout calculates the bonus of 50 (i.e. collectively all my equipment to be loaded in) and that would allow my stength 173 equipment to be loaded in. Which doesn't seem to be the case.

Does loadout require that at least one of the equipment pieces would need to be manually equipable for it to work - e.g If I had 123 strength, and the lowest item loaded in needed more than this (i.e. all need 124 str or more) it wouldn't work; but if I had one item needing only 123 (say gives 8 str) then the load in would equip that, if another needed 128 for example, it would load (as the 123+8=131) etc etc?

Any insight into the actual order of the calculations would be v. useful.

Ellyidol
08-13-2011, 07:31 PM
You can't go from 123 to 173 instantly. Even if your total from your final set is 50, you can't just go from 123 to 173.

What exactly do you want to wear?

The way loadouts calculate is that it takes the bonus of the piece of gear first, before it equips it.

So let's use 123 base str and a fury set (+12 str each I think).

123 + 48 = 171 only, so none of them can even stay on since they have a 173 req.

Let's say you have 125 str. 125 + 48 = 173, correct. But, you have to remember the loadouts equip Helm, Sword, Plate, and Shield consecutively and not all at same time.

So at 125 + 12 (for helm) = 137 only, not enough to even keep the helm on.

And no, your gear str doesn't need at least one of the things to be equal requirements.

Again I'll use Fury and str.

Let's say you have 161 base str.

161 + 12 str from fury helm = 173

So from 161 str, if you have a fury loadout, it will be successful even if your initial base str is only 161 and is not manually enough to put on the helm.

brian_spence_ni
08-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Is there any order to the consecutive load. I'll not use actual equipment as I can apply the maths across the board if my understanding is sound.

Clearly to equip a str=173, the lowest str I could start with is 159 (the lvl 56 helm has a +14 bonus). The consecutive nature of the load is quite important.

From above, one piece of equipment being able to load can depend on other loads. So, say I want to load a helm +10 str requiring 130 str (for example only, don't mind if no in-game equipment matches that), and I want to equip a shield +10 req 139, and a sword +10 req 153 and armour +10 req 163.

If the calculation worked along the lines of (starting with 123 str) - equip helm first (123+10=133, bettering 130 str requirement), then shield (133+10=143 bettering req) sword (143+10=153 equalling req) and armour (153+10=163 matching requirement). Is the order important - if, for example, shield loads before helm, it won't load in as 123+10 doesn't satisfy the 139 str requirement, in which case the subsequent equipment (except for the helm) will not load either?

Moogerfooger
08-13-2011, 07:49 PM
I am pretty sure it loads from left to right. Helm > Weap > Armor > Shield, if that is what you are asking, when using a loadout tab. You cannot use your example in the third paragraph, Helm > Shield > Sword > Armor, via Loadout and have it equip in that order. Loadout equips are in that L > R sequence, I am 99% sure, although of course I could be mistaken.

Ellyidol
08-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Yup Moog is right. It loads from left to right.

Helm to Sword To Armour to Shield.

You have the right understanding in your last paragraph, just the order is wrong.

brian_spence_ni
08-13-2011, 07:56 PM
Excellent - can't wait 'til my bird hits 55 and I buy the top-end bird equipment. My dex-bear and bird are gonna equipment swap like crazy!

Thanks for the clarification - I'm a statistician by trade, and alway have a healthy interested in the workings of the calculations.

Ellyidol
08-13-2011, 07:58 PM
You're welcome :)

Sorry if the guide wasn't clear enough, i found it really tricky to somehow try and put into words how it works. I know how it works, but putting it out there was different. Lol :)

brian_spence_ni
08-13-2011, 08:02 PM
I would have figured it out with a little testing. But its easier to refer back to the experts.:chuncky:

Still on a bit of a learning curve, but all you guides (and your recent bear competition) have been really helpful.

Moogerfooger
08-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Yep, dual-spec is pretty fun. Elly got me into dual-speccing on my bear, it is fun to swap between Str and Dex equips depending on the situation :)