PDA

View Full Version : Please Read!

nmyxspaceship
08-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Hey everyone ik some people are confused about the devs choice to not make in game currency universal, well heres your answer. This is from justgs blog and ik that a majority of players dont bother to look at it so here it is.

When we originally conceived of multiple game titles that share a single account, we also planned to have our in-game currency work across all of our games. We very much wanted this convenience for our players, and had every intention of carrying through on this. These systems are extremely popular and many gamers enjoy them in the PC and console gaming world through companies like Valve, Sony Online Entertainment, NCsoft, and many more. We thought that this was possible in the Mobile world as well.

While our second Legends app (Star Legends) was in the approval process across multiple storefronts, a specific platform’s App Store interpreted their terms of service to not allow this activity.

Their terms of service have been subject to interpretation before and have been known to change without notice to developers. When we made the original announcement about shared accounts and currency we had every indication that a universal currency was possible.

In order for Star Legends to be available to players on multiple platforms, our Platinum has to be game specific. This was not our hope for Spacetime players. We developed Star Legends with every intention of our currency being usable universally across our gaming ecosystem to extend the value of a player’s purchase. We are very disappointed that it was not the case as this is obviously a feature game players desire.

Consequently, we have tried very hard to make amends with the players who purchased Platinum with that feature in mind. As a result of the current interpretation of policies and a need to set things right with our players, we granted in excess of 1.5 million platinum to players who had purchased platinum after we had made our single-currency announcement. This is hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of platinum that we decided to grant in order to rectify the situation.

We know we would not be anywhere without the loyal fans who play our games, and we very much appreciate their support and understanding.

- g

nmyxspaceship
08-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Lol this really shut me up and shows that the devs are awesome and only do certain things because they need to.

Fastcast
08-13-2011, 08:10 PM
Yea i agree it sux but thanks for the 30 plat well worth it

Parridox
08-13-2011, 08:13 PM
I (sorta) summed it up on the fb page...dunno if it did it justice but I'm sure the message got across. And yeah, this shut me up too.

Ueteanetabac
08-13-2011, 10:41 PM
The apple tos says stuff bought in game can not be used out of game.

Apple, you suck. :cower:

nmyxspaceship
08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah stinks but i guess im ok if it mean earlier release date and stuff.

Imacoolbirdd
08-14-2011, 07:33 PM
Wow 1.5 mil plat thats alot they are thoughtful :) what would i do with 1.5 mil plat if i had? :)