PDA

View Full Version : Guardian on p.l

darkmatterkid
08-13-2011, 10:23 PM
hey guys ive been around on pocket legends for about 3 months and ive been helping alote of people if u know me im darkmatterkid and i just think i deserve a chance at being a guardian because i kinda stand out in the p.l community i mean i report bad things like usernames and foul language so far i havent had any scam reports i dont think but anyways just hoping a game dev or somone of the p.l staff see this and im just out here on p.l trying to keep it clean thanks.:smile:

Tvis
08-13-2011, 10:42 PM
Glad to hear you're a positive part of the community. I'm a founder of the game and have done all these things since then. The difference between us and the guardians are that they commit themselves to the community and go "over the bar" without expecting a prize in return for their good service. As I see it, you are an awesome part of the community. Keep up the good work.

JaytB
08-13-2011, 10:54 PM
without expecting a prize in return for their good service.

^^This

darkmatterkid
08-13-2011, 10:54 PM
i just wish to be reconized for it like the guardians i mean im not in it for any prize really i just want to stand out from the others i mean i also help new players in questing and hand out hold if they need it hope you would think about it thank you..

Tvis
08-13-2011, 10:56 PM
There are hundreds of people like us that do these things. It's best just to feel the goodness of doing something good. :D

Fatpigwarrior
08-13-2011, 10:57 PM
U are asking for a shield....
Sorry but, this won't get you a shield. By posting you deserve one will lower your chances...

RedRyder
08-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Lol I never went out of my way to get a shield. I really didn't expect it at all and was pretty surprised when I received the title. Just keep helping people for the sake of helping people. Not for the title and/or shield.

pwnpear
08-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Sadly, with this post, you lost your chance for a shield, for the time being anyways. No matter how you write it, it sounds like you are requesting a shield in a smug way

Roasty
08-13-2011, 11:30 PM
Tv is perfectly right. Work not for the shield, but for the community ^.^

That last part was cheesy...:cower:

Gluttony
08-13-2011, 11:30 PM
How do I become a Guardian of Alterra? Guardians are selected by the staff of Spacetime Studios and have generally contributed to the play community in some or all of the following ways:
• Providing useful and constructive feedback to both players and Spacetime Studios developers.
• Helping to keep the game forums clean and friendly by reporting inappropriate posts and attempting to diffuse arguments or flame wars.
• Fostering community development through player run events, good will, etc.
• Being visible, helpful, and constructive.

One out of four isn't bad, but I assume you report in-game and not on forums so maybe half credit?

Guidelines to become a Guardian of Alterra (Personal Opinion and Experience!)
• Do NOT expect the shield. If you are exhibiting behavior to become a Guardian, it is highly unlikely that you will become a Guardian. Let me explain the philosophy behind it. If you are trying to follow a Guardian of Alterra's guidelines in order to become a Guardian, it is highly unlikely you will become one because of the fact that (even if you may not realize it) you are displaying Guardian like characteristics for your own personal greed to achieve the shield. The original Guardians are role models as they were actively helping the community BEFORE awards were announced.*

Um, what he said.

Good luck on your campaign.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-13-2011, 11:36 PM
The more you brag the less chance you would get good luck

Zeus
08-14-2011, 12:51 AM
Thanks Gluttony for referencing to my guide. I actually was going to myself, but I see you have made my life easier for me.

@Darkmatterkid There are many people such as yourself that meet the Guardian requirements above and beyond. The developers can't pick all of them though. I know when I used to be more active in game, I helped the community not for the purpose of the shield, but for the flurry of joy that happens afterwards. When I was nominated, I thought there was a ton of other people who deserved it more than me such as CanonicalKoi, Moogerfooger, Lesrider, Pharcyde, KingofHurtz, Otukara (At the time). People like those. It was much a surprise to me as well. So, my advice to you is this: Keep doing what you are doing and just maybe the developers may decide to reward you for your efforts. Do not expect it though, as it will only depress you and invoke (the majority of the time) personal greed and jealousy.

Cheers,

Parth :)

Moogerfooger
08-14-2011, 12:57 AM
On a random note, if there was a Guardian of Vodka, I would be so in....

:D

Zeus
08-14-2011, 01:00 AM
On a random note, if there was a Guardian of Vodka, I would be so in....

:D

Psh, I'll dethrone you with my Guardian of Mojitos!

Moogerfooger
08-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Psh, I'll dethrone you with my Guardian of Mojitos!

I'm sorry, my manly Vodka on the rocks will clown your girly Mojitos any day. Plus, aren't you like under the legal drinking age anyway O.o

Zeus
08-14-2011, 01:16 AM
I'm sorry, my manly Vodka on the rocks will clown your girly Mojitos any day. Plus, aren't you like under the legal drinking age anyway O.o

Ssh, hehe. Anyways, with parental permission it is allowed in small quantities (which I do, and rarely anyway). You're probably right though. I can not help but to succumb to the taste of mango and mint mojitos though, each respectively. Although, the non alcoholic ones are just as good as well, since I only drink them for their taste.

Moogerfooger
08-14-2011, 01:22 AM
Your argument loses all weight once you uttered the phrase "with parental permission" :D

Pharcyde
08-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Any chance of getting guardian status is pretty much gone for a long time now because of this post. Just heads up for future.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-14-2011, 01:54 AM
Bacon vodka and i'm in :)

darkmatterkid
08-14-2011, 03:30 AM
i like how some how its become how i want the shield ... ill admit the shiel looks cool and all but i just want to be more reconized out in p.l

Gluttony
08-14-2011, 04:14 AM
i like how some how its become how i want the shield ... ill admit the shiel looks cool and all but i just want to be more reconized out in p.l

No offense, but recognized for what? You've played for 3 months, you currently have 7 posts (3 of which are here) and you're asking to be recognized for something that most players do instinctively. When you ask for most types of awards (even in real life) you only usually hurt your chances at getting them. Perhaps it's not about the shield, but you want an equal opportunity to become a GoA. You have/had just as much chance as the next guy as I see it.

Sigkill
08-15-2011, 04:44 PM
No offense, but recognized for what? You've played for 3 months, you currently have 7 posts (3 of which are here) and you're asking to be recognized for something that most players do instinctively. When you ask for most types of awards (even in real life) you only usually hurt your chances at getting them. Perhaps it's not about the shield, but you want an equal opportunity to become a GoA. You have/had just as much chance as the next guy as I see it.

Hilarious :) it's funny cause its true

Conradin
08-15-2011, 05:08 PM

You don't have to be a guardian to stand out. Im not a guardian, but I try to help out my community, make friends and have fun- and I have people come up to me all the time saying hey, I see you on the forums. Just do you best and have fun, and you'll be fine :)

Kalielle
08-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Lol... this is the kind of thing that makes me log on an alt to go into town, or switch out of my shield. Every time I wear it there are several people telling me over and over how bad they want one, and asking me how they can get it. I'm like, you realize it's just a vanity item without actual stats, right? :D Anyway, you don't need to be "recognized" by the devs to be leet, and gear (vanity or otherwise) doesn't make you into who you are.

Matutd
08-15-2011, 05:54 PM
You don't have to be a guardian to stand out. Im not a guardian, but I try to help out my community, make friends and have fun- and I have people come up to me all the time saying hey, I see you on the forums. Just do you best and have fun, and you'll be fine :)

Lol I always get ppl saying I see u on forums, or I saw ur comments and/or post on Facebook :) but I never realised I was making a difference haha. Compared to ppl like u I'm just a scratch on the pocket legends community lol.

And also, OMG ur not a guardian I always thought u were, u help soooo much on forums :D

RedRyder
08-15-2011, 11:40 PM
Loads of people here should have the guardian status but don't yet. Even without it, they're still well known and don't need the shield or status for recognition. More than a handful of people deserve it more than I do lol