08-14-2011, 03:03 AM
We've had some time now, let's see 'em. At 25 I have:

6 Protection
6 Empathy
6 Transferrence
4 Pain (boss control)
1 res
1 shield

Looks like support, plays like support. Only problem is that I usually end up with more aggro than the comms, especially if they do not taunt. Pain seems to rock bosses... regularly I am fine until a Pain is dodged, then the boss/bug/etc. comes straight at me. Leads to a few deaths, but it usually turns out ok if there is another engie doing their job as well.

Breadkeeper
08-14-2011, 03:16 AM
6 Empathy
5 Transferrance
6 Leach
6 Sonic Boom
1 res

Most partys have another engie with protection so thats not really a loss. The Sonic Boom and Trans seem to do a fair punch to the trash mobs. And Leach helps me top my own health up saving my heals for party members.

I do tend to agro alot with my aoe combo so i have a fair number of deaths but it seems to work so far.

Teddyache
08-14-2011, 10:19 AM
Looks like support, plays like support. Only problem is that I usually end up with more aggro than the comms, especially if they do not taunt. Pain seems to rock bosses... regularly I am fine until a Pain is dodged, then the boss/bug/etc. comes straight at me. Leads to a few deaths, but it usually turns out ok if there is another engie doing their job as well.

I'm only at 22 but 6 transference has gotten me killed a few times so far in Numa Prime when I grab aggro from a mob! I went and bought a few hundred stims but even spamming them I've died two more times. I think 6 empathy, 6 protection and 1 res is a must for a support engineer. I'm starting to think I need more than 1 in shield to survive the mob aggro from transference though. Or maybe more leach, or both? Thoughts?

Raulur
08-14-2011, 11:46 AM
I'm only at 22 but 6 transference has gotten me killed a few times so far in Numa Prime when I grab aggro from a mob! I went and bought a few hundred stims but even spamming them I've died two more times. I think 6 empathy, 6 protection and 1 res is a must for a support engineer. I'm starting to think I need more than 1 in shield to survive the mob aggro from transference though. Or maybe more leach, or both? Thoughts?

It helps a lot to get to 25 and use higher defense gear, and I also use a +50 armor implant. Even then I have to trigger shield and run away sometimes. Only times I die is from multiple bug aggros or at the Guardian when I miss pain. If you can find another engineer that you can get timing down with, it is much easier.

What I do when I grab aggro from a bug by accident is to target it, hit pain, hit shield, and put some distance between myself and the mobs. Hopefully by then your party will have killed most of the adds, which is the big problem.

Teddyache
08-15-2011, 04:46 AM
Thanks. Is it true that protection no longer stacks when there are multiple engineers? I haven't had a chance to check since I heard that.

AnotherAzi
08-15-2011, 07:20 AM
Protection no longer stacks.

Breadkeeper, what damage does sonic boom do at level 6?