PDA

View Full Version : How did you guys come up with ur IGNs (in game names)

tjornan
06-15-2010, 01:29 PM
Tjornan and mokugoja!Just strung random letters together

Officially amde a bow bear named renumoth:i actually had a good reason.... wanted to make behemoth but since i was typing fast... made a bunch of typing errors... at first i was POed but then i liked the name so im good

Gwendaline
06-15-2010, 02:09 PM
I killed a man

Pleasure_Pirate
06-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Soulcatcher is a character in the Black Company book series by Glen Cook. Honestly the best series that I have ever read, and I strongly recommend it.
Soulseizer was a name I made up just to follow the 'Soul' pattern.

Angriff
06-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Mine is from the first Dragonlance Trilogy (amazing read also, destroys those silly ring books) it's one of the main characters (Strum Brightblade) father, (Angriff Brightblade).

In German it means attack, great name for a warrior. Sturm means strike, another good warrior name. It mentions his grandfathers name but I can't remember the spelling off hand, I think it was Bertyl, I would guess it has some sort of German translation also fitting for a warrior. I know next to zero German, so who knows.

It was strange to get ingame /tells in German at first then I remembered it's translation, there's a decent amount of German PL players, it happens often.

Tullen666
06-15-2010, 02:55 PM
DeathlyKnight
DeathlyRanger
DeathlyMage

Just cool names for one of each of the character classes imo. :D

Vigilant
06-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Vigilant - Watchful, especially for danger or disorder; alert; wary

vulgarstrike
06-15-2010, 03:26 PM
vulgarstrike, no ****ing idea. LOL
silentcries, just a flash in the pan, it's not that great.

Snakespeare
06-15-2010, 04:34 PM
One day I was looking at the name Shakespeare and imagined that the ascender on the "h" could be lopped off making it into an "n", resulting in my nick (and IGN). The fun part for me is the D&D connection to the Staff of the Serpent, also the Caduceus (see Wikipedia article), which is the symbol of the AMA and is a healing staff from mythology. Those were my thoughts, anyways, at the time, and since then I have been asked if it meant one thing or another, which were some pretty bizarre guesses, but no. I'm just a big Shakespeare fan, and a D&D player, and I love mythology and Joseph Campbell and all that, so it's a lot simpler than it looks.

But a guy I work with says it sounds like a biker name. LOL!

Elfche
06-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Elfche - means tiny, little elf (kind'a like kitty:cat) and its in Bulgarian; used that name is most of the games i've played before

Shadowfangs - shadowfang was unavailable and I just think its a dope name :P

Deathmantle - took it from WoW (tier set for rogue)

HectorCruz
06-15-2010, 05:38 PM
this has been done before, but should be repeated until everyone has a chance to share. For those of you who did not see before: I was talking to a friend at work about how all mexican gangster types have cousins who are always there to back them up. I then decided that the names for these cousins are almost always Hector and Omar Cruz. The next day I was watching the show Breaking Bad, and there are two cousins on that show that didn't have names, and they exemplified the spirit of the Cruz brothers. So I dubbed them Hector and Omar Cruz. I then started playing this game, and named myself HectorCruz. OmarCruz was a short lived character in Fnord.

vulgarstrike
06-15-2010, 05:59 PM
so your not really Hector Cruz?

Gwendaline
06-15-2010, 06:17 PM

HectorCruz
06-15-2010, 06:25 PM

I'm as much HectorCruz as you are vulgarstrike...but no, my real name is not Hector Cruz. But I might be world famous.

King Richie
06-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Im always THE KING !

FriedSushi
06-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Wetphart - i do it a lot
(just kidding)
FriedSushi- i dont know. experimental food idea?

Gwendaline
06-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Wetphart - i do it a lot
(just kidding)

Mmmmm Bloody wetpharts. Mmmmm Chocolate covered cherries.. mmmmmm

From your Aanus you shall \/

vulgarstrike
06-15-2010, 07:51 PM
blood is an unhealthy fetish.. haha ironic

Kirei
Kirei- is japanese but im not gonna say what it means.
Pwent- is an awsome dwarf charecter from one of my favorite series
Squeege- .....IDEK
Taeget- is a variation on my nickname

Darkchylde
Darkchylde is from stephen king novel and also image comics

Darkchylde
06-15-2010, 07:56 PM
mine is from stephen king novel and also image comics

Gwendaline
06-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Kirei is feminine, and I think that it means Beautiful

Kingofthebear
06-15-2010, 08:49 PM
I wanted to be called King Bear, but it was taken.

King of the Bears was too long...

Ta-da!

HectorCruz
06-16-2010, 10:56 AM
I wanted to be called King Bear, but it was taken.

King of the Bears was too long...

Ta-da!

lol So now you're only king of one bear? So, that bear is like your slave or something? I've noticed a ton of names are already taken, but nobody is using them. Advance, delete some characters!!

PvP
06-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Pex was a short three letter word that flowed well. It wasn't like GBQ (for example..) so I chose it. Then I realized it actually sounded like Pecks, your chest. <.>

King Richie
06-16-2010, 11:02 AM
Some names in game are actually brilliant

Frostydabowman was my favourite name i have ever seen !

HectorCruz
06-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Some names in game are actually brilliant

Frostydabowman was my favourite name i have ever seen !

lol that's a good one! I really like Snakespeare.

Dizko
06-16-2010, 12:11 PM
After deciding that Dizko, Zidco and Kidzo, were too boring, I reserved a few names:

AwkwardsPaws (Bear)
Wingtone (Bird)
SpellCheck (Enchantress)

:P

Snakespeare
06-16-2010, 12:39 PM
lol that's a good one! I really like Snakespeare.

thanks! :)

Ogediah
06-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Rosieodonnell- She's hawt.
DrPhill- He's hawter.
Ogediah- Generic name i use everywhere... he's hawter still.
Beyondce- ...I think you are getting where I'm going with this.....
Laidigaga- Hawtest. (I will make her the mother of my children if I have to go Borat on her ***.)

Mahk
06-16-2010, 08:02 PM
A long time ago in a place called Shadowbane .... well, I always had Arthurian names, surprisingly easy to get early on in games and what not. But then, I found myself drinking ... a lot ... and playing really, really lame.

So I said to myself, um, I should build a character that I only play drunk ... and really role-play it! He'd hafta be one heck of a tank to withstand the punishment, stumbling two rooms forward and three back, actually killing things was simply beyond the point. It's all about aggro -- both the mobs and your team!

So I've always had a Lancelot or Artur or something or other for my elite skillz ... and then Mahk for Friday nights! Hear the cry far and wide, "Oh crud, it's Mahk! We're doomed! I'm logging!"

The rest is simply the Legend of Mahk.
But that'll cost ya another mug o grog to hear!

Justg
06-16-2010, 09:24 PM
A long time ago someone was helping me get registered me for something. He asked what I wanted my handle to be and I told him: just "g".

And so it was.

This is a great thread. I'd love to know how Futumsh got his name...

Avadonna
06-16-2010, 09:33 PM
I killed a man

BLEED!!!!!!!!!!

Your signature makes every post you write funny.

Avadonna
06-16-2010, 09:39 PM
I thought I already answered this thread. I made up Avadonna. I also has an Avianina

Kingofthebear
06-16-2010, 09:56 PM
lol So now you're only king of one bear? So, that bear is like your slave or something? I've noticed a ton of names are already taken, but nobody is using them. Advance, delete some characters!!

lol yeah a lot of people like to bust my chops in-game about that. I just tell them that in this economy the time's are tough, and the kingdom isn't as big as it used to be :)

TrogZ
06-17-2010, 01:29 AM
Wetphart - i do it a lot
(just kidding)

I think I just threw up in my mouth lol

King Richie
06-17-2010, 01:33 AM
A long time ago someone was helping me get registered me for something. He asked what I wanted my handle to be and I told him: just "g".

And so it was.

This is a great thread. I'd love to know how Futumsh got his name...

This is a good thread its really funny and it shows people your nasty creativity in the case of wetphart !

TrogZ
06-17-2010, 01:35 AM
Trogs - In everquest 1 there was a human girl monk who use to feign death in the dark elf city while Maks an Iksar monk would pull city guards and kill them. These two were just farming AA (alternate advancement) points and would let me have the guard loot, which would sell for a fair amount of plat. It really helped since my dark elf was a noob at the time. They were really cool people who exemplified hardcore gaming. They were always online grinding. Maks had a troll warrior named torro but sadly that name was taken on PL.

Ceno - Was a name from fohguild.org, an epic EQ1 & 2/WoW raiding guild. I was scrolling through their members list looking for simple cool names to try to make on PL and boom Ceno.

Thott - Was an EQ1 guild leader for the guild: <Afterlife> which i always thought was pretty cool.

Trogz - Forum name, because for some reason Trogs was bugged when i tried to register, so I decided to use the name.

Zallian
06-17-2010, 01:38 AM
I played Everquest OA on PS2. Thats me in the middle of the screen, cant really see my avatar but you can my name. My guild (The Unnamed) just got done killing that beast.

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab186/zallian/Pocket%20Legends/9bfd3f9a.jpg

King Richie
06-17-2010, 01:38 AM
Trogs - In everquest 1 there was a human girl monk who use to feign death in the dark elf city while Maks an Iksar monk would pull city guards and kill them. These two were just farming AA (alternate advancement) points and would let me have the guard loot, which would sell for a fair amount of plat. It really helped since my dark elf was a noob at the time. They were really cool people who exemplified hardcore gaming. They were always online grinding. Maks had a troll warrior named torro but sadly that name was taken on PL.

Ceno - Was a name from fohguild.org, an epic EQ1 & 2/WoW raiding guild. I was scrolling through their members list looking for simple cool names to try to make on PL and boom Ceno.

Thott - Was an EQ1 guild leader for the guild: <Afterlife> which i always thought was pretty cool.

Trogz - Forum name, because for some reason Trogs was bugged when i tried to register, so I decided to use the name.

No matter how much i tried i could never get into everquest it just did not appeal to me ... i thought it was so annoying !!

TrogZ
06-17-2010, 01:46 AM
I played Everquest OA on PS2. Thats me in the middle of the screen, cant really see my avatar but you can my name. My guild (The Unnamed) just got done killing that beast.

http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab186/zallian/Pocket%20Legends/9bfd3f9a.jpg

Wait everquest for the PS2? Where and how? I had so much glitchy fun on EQ1, how can i make this happen again?

Violentsaint
06-17-2010, 03:30 AM
violentsaint - title of a song by latin american metal band

check it out :P

Elfche
06-17-2010, 03:33 AM
violentsaint - title of a song by latin american metal band

check it out :P

will do guildie!

Violentsaint
06-17-2010, 03:44 AM
will do guildie!

song is called violentsaint, band is called ill nino :) (lyrics are in description), also V10L3NT SA1NT has been my xbox live gamertag for over 4 years. i just thought it was a cool name and theme song for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFrZs16NHOg

EDIT: you have to right click in the bottom right corner and click 'watch on youtube' for the lyrics

TrogZ
06-17-2010, 04:22 AM
Violent Saint that songs pretty dope dude.

TrogZ
06-17-2010, 04:28 AM
Dude check out Attacker By: Secrets & Whispers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdbqaEROSu4

They have a few albums but they are pretty good all around.

Spudboy
06-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Well, I saw the Fnords, and from there it was fate....discordia...the illimunati....J.R. "Bob" Dobbs...discworld...subgenius...Yeti....DEVO....oh sweet DEVO

Well, that and Bill, Frank & Ted were taken.

xJoey
06-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Well. My IGN is xJoey. and my name is Joey. i had to put an x because some other joey put their name in already as "Joey"

Gwendaline
06-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Your signature makes every post you write funny.

Evey time I read it I say it.......

Furrawn
06-19-2010, 04:29 AM
Furrawn- it's a Welsch word that means "talks that lead strangers/friends to greater intimacy." You know how you can have a conversation with someone til 2 a.m. discussing Proust and PL and that one special conversation makes the friendship closer- that's furrawn:)

ScarlettOHara- I read the unabridged Gone With the Wind in fifth grade (I was a bookworm). I took it with me to school each day in case there would be a little time to read. We got out of school early for snow one day. On our drive home in the snow, my mom stopped at the store which all Southerners do for snow. My mom was stressed out driving in the snow. I had my face buried in my book, but I looked up because I heard all this crazy thrashing. My mom was trying to get out of her seat- over and over- but her seatbelt was still fastened! So ScarlettOHara let's me be literary while also reminding me of a funny moment when I was a kid:)

JeanneDArc- French for Joan of Arc. I'm a Francophile... And I've been fascinated by Joan of Arc since childhood. This young girl single-handedly turned the tides of a war.
For me, she's always a reminder that yes, one person really does make a difference:)