View Full Version : Origin of your SL name?

Flowman
08-14-2011, 08:42 PM
While chillin with some bros, we were discussing the origin of our names...well ok I started discussing the origin of my name because I like to see myself talk. SOOOOO here is a youtube video of where I got my name from. I dressed up as this for Halloween last year and got mixed responses haha. Very strange and immature humor...and an understanding of lacrosse humor will help to appreciate this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvJL1W1D93A

So everyone post where you got your names from.

BodMaster
08-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Lool chillin more like working your mouth muscles to bits xD awsome runs great laugh haha.. Will check Vid out tomorrow :)

Mines quite boring compared to yours haha its the name of the gym I go to/work for :P BodyMasters Gym.. changed it a little BodMasta/BearBodMaster haa and it stuck

Silentarrow
08-14-2011, 08:59 PM
I first used my name in Champions RTA on a archer named Silentarrows. I liked the name because in almost all games I play, I like to be stealthy.

I first used the "Silent" name in PL on my bird because I wanted a name I could use on all my toons and I thought Silent sounds cool and you can add almost any word to the end of it that would fit your class (ex. Silentslash Silentstab Silenttank). I want to change my mages name to something better like Silentspell or Silentbuff, but I don't want to pay the 50 plat.

Flowman
08-15-2011, 04:21 AM
104 views 2 replies...god there are a lot of creepers lol.

BodMaster
08-15-2011, 04:32 AM
Hahaaaaa.. maybe to insecure to tell you why.. **sick/evil/devious thoughts**

Mine so far has been the worst in the thread lol :P

Carth
08-15-2011, 04:45 AM
I got the name Carth from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Pretty creative...

Honeypot
08-15-2011, 04:45 AM
Honey aka Gorgeous aka Sugar aka Precious

No origin. Just vain.

Any questions guys? :p

BodMaster
08-15-2011, 04:48 AM
Honey aka Gorgeous aka Sugar aka Precious

No origin. Just vain.

Any questions guys? :p

Hahaa trust you..!! so you do post now and then.. :P

Ellyidol
08-15-2011, 04:51 AM
PL :p

BodMaster
08-15-2011, 05:01 AM

Haha you will be with us soon..!! xD And why did you name it on PL.. =P (Quite obvious though.. maybe :/)

This thread was to check out Flows UTube vid haha.. feedback? or am i gona have to wait.. haha.. UTube ban in work *access denied**

Ellyidol
08-15-2011, 05:02 AM
Haha you will be with us soon..!! xD And why did you name it on PL.. =P (Quite obvious though.. maybe :/)

This thread was to check out Flows UTube vid haha.. feedback? or am i gona have to wait.. haha.. UTube ban in work *access denied**

PL was out first, so.. :)

But @topic, it's been an inside joke with friends of mine since for a few years now. It's just stuck. I've edited the name a bit, so the name isn't fully what it is :)

JaytB
08-15-2011, 05:45 AM
PL was out first, so.. :)

But @topic, it's been an inside joke with friends of mine since for a few years now. It's just stuck. I've edited the name a bit, so the name isn't fully what it is :)

*cough* ex-gf *cough*? O.o

CrimsonTider
08-15-2011, 05:57 AM

O.o. Oh please.... DO share!!! lol

So, my SL/PL names are the same. Easier for others to keep up with. And if the name itself doesn't give it away, refer to the sig. :)

Ellyidol
08-15-2011, 06:05 AM

So, my SL/PL names are the same. Easier for others to keep up with. And if the name itself doesn't give it away, refer to the sig. :)

Indirectly, yes. :)

Fatpigwarrior
08-15-2011, 06:07 AM

'elly'idol is who I think he is talking about

Cahaun
08-15-2011, 06:36 AM
My name Cahaun was the first name I used in PL. Ironically it was for my bird then evolved into my bear :D. Its the name I use alot now next to Raasasa.

mycroftxxx
08-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Mine come from a single SF character: AdamSelene, SimonJester, MycroftXXX.

I also created NineLives because I thought it would be fun to play a character with a strictly limited death count. :-)

csb
08-15-2011, 01:10 PM
All my character names come from my high level characters on 7th Hammer Everquest, from like 10 years ago.

Oh... and those names either came from the Bible or one of my baby naming books.

Zaltiar
08-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Warbinger
A combination of war+harbinger.
But its on my engie right now, sounds more like a commando's name.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

SpaceGhost
08-24-2011, 02:56 AM
Space Ghost.... ;)

Air
08-24-2011, 03:36 AM
SF as in the game Soldier Front? Also do you play gunz? Becuz i saw a player name ninelives on there :D

Corpser
08-24-2011, 03:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0oU3pzFXDU For corpser and yeah i normally wear a cowboy hat he he he in pl tho in star legends i still haev a corpser

The name noble came from well nobles being upper class (i think he will be getting owned in pvp)

and there is private he is simply supposed to be military orientated like in most games they say something like good job private so thats all my names :)

KingFu
08-24-2011, 03:53 AM

^ This ^

And noob, self explanatory.

Bakoffmycandy
08-24-2011, 04:27 AM
Bakoffmycandy - One of J Rocs hilarious sayings from Canadas hit Show Trailer Park Boys
Nahwutimsayin - also J Roc
Ghetofabulous - one of my only old mmo names

Apostar
08-24-2011, 08:07 AM
My names are from movies and comic books and I used them in Pl; one I've changed because the orginal spelling was taken lol:
Revox is from scanners
Cressy is from Man on Fire
Blinc (Blink) is from the X-men comic book series

apoceq
08-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Apoc - back when I started a cleric in everquest oh....7 or 8 years ago. I came up with the name. Stuck with it ever since!

mycroftxxx
08-24-2011, 10:57 AM
SF as in the game Soldier Front? Also do you play gunz? Becuz i saw a player name ninelives on there :D

No, as in science fiction. It's even in genre. :-)

PsYcHo MaRiNe-X
08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Im a first person shooter guy.. I first got hooked with Counter Strike which was a first person shooter online PC game... It started playing back in 2001 when it was really big.. Im a sniper type of guy.. So i wanted to come up with a catchy name for my self...

So i came up with......PsYcHo MaRiNe-X

And I been using it ever since.. So if ur ever see this name in any first person shooter games such as Call Duty Black Ops,Socom or any other games... well that's me ;)

Zaltiar
08-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Warbringer- cause i bring on the war
Hellcharger- cause whenever im on a run, i let all hell break loose.
Fo'sho

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Coznlarry
08-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Coznlarry was my PL name.

The day I found PL there was a guy at work that kept singing the perfect strangers theme song. So at lunch when I started PL I thought, name?...name?...name?...screw it, COZNLARRY!

octavos
08-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Well my names originate from my favorite games. But one original name which I had was "Octavos" which means eighth voice (this word is comprised of Octavio(middle name) and voice = my voice :p). Its my company name that I do aside my normal work. But now I like ghost, so yea ill stick with the new one lol

Xaphan Fox
08-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Testament: Character from the fighting game Guilty Gear. I will destroy you...

Melchior: One of the 3 wise men from the bible, or more importantly, a time sage from Chrono Trigger.

Entropy: The amount of disorder/chaos in an ordered system.

Xaphan: One of Lucifer's captains who set fire to heaven during the uprising and fall.

Xaphan Fox
08-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Apoc... what eq server. I remember that name from 15 years ago...

SkYLoC
08-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Mine is Skyler..which is my actual name..pretty creative, I know.

The Oncoming Storm
08-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Mine came from Doctor Who the British scifi tv show about the last of the Timelords from the planet known as Gallifrey and his swarm enemys the Daleks call him The Oncoming
Storm so i thought it was epic.:p

Uwantaids
08-25-2011, 03:19 PM
i was playing black ops and was destroying online(as usual) then someone called me a try hard and i asked him if he wanted aids lol there for Uwaintaids :lemo:

Dalek
08-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Mine came from Doctor Who the British scifi tv show about the last of the Timelords from the planet known as Gallifrey and his swarm enemys the Daleks call him The Oncoming

You will be exterminated...

bronislav84
08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Based on Karai from Ninja Turtles! Originally it was a misspelling in PL due to names being taken, but I got the one I wanted and used it for my SL Op.

TheMatrixMan
08-25-2011, 04:00 PM
My name came from the halo games. Masterchief :^)

Liathea
08-25-2011, 04:41 PM

Love it!

Yours too, Dalek. xD

Anyway, mine is a combination of two names from my favorite book series.

Liahan + Althea = Liathea.