PDA

View Full Version : I pay, others get drops

n00b13st
08-15-2011, 04:25 AM
I am pushing to 56 before time runs out. I am buying elixirs where work permits. More than once I have seen a non-contributor get a pink drop (like lvl. 55 recipe) while through whole hour of 40 plat 4x run I get little to nothing. I don't have screenshots, STS has logs to know the truth. I kill with good success, I get combos, I don't know what else I need to do.

STS (Sam? You listening?) What am I doing wrong that bad team players are getting pink recipe drops and I, almost halfway through lvl. 55, haven't gotten s**t in sewers?

I have paid in the multiple $100 to play. If you are not trying to encourage NOT paying, you should look at this. I don't want the game dominated by rich people....but this seems like "don't pay here, you won't get anything for it!"

Rant done. I'll thumb's up anyone who actually gives reasonable feedback. Trolls get a different thumb, elsewhere. Not my thumb either.

If you value manners, TOS, protecting kids:
CaeserSalad (lvl 55 mage)

Formora
08-15-2011, 04:57 AM
You're not doing anything wrong. It's just bad luck that you haven't gotten any drops. It doesn't matter if you contribute everything or nothing at all.

Ellyidol
08-15-2011, 05:00 AM
Just last night, I popped an hour of 4x pot too, Big Luck put on even. A different person got a RR Recurve. TWICE. :(

He was the lucky one that night I guess, that's all. Luck really :)

You aren't doing anything wrong, the odds just aren't rolling well for you. All drops are based on luck, pure real life luck.

Good luck!

brian_spence_ni
08-15-2011, 05:13 AM
I agree It's harsh, but the drops are random. I've spent a ridiculous amount myself with no major drop, but I knew that was a possibility from the start. At least the value of the 55 equips will drop as they'll be superceded by level 60 equips

JaytB
08-15-2011, 05:32 AM
As said above, it's all luck. To put things in perspective, you're not happy that you farmed for an hour without a pink drop right? Well, there's been a time that I didn't get a pink... For 2 MONTHS. Ow yes, and I farmed at least 3hours+ a day at than time too. Then, after I took a break, I got a complete mm staff set in under an hour. Again, as said, it's all luck :)

CrimsonTider
08-15-2011, 05:43 AM
I've been doing some xp grinding over the last couple days and seen Catspaw go down hundreds of times. I was always potted and in over 14 hours of grinding recieved 1 recipe (crappy custom wing) while others in my group recieved multiple recipes. Just luck of the draw.

Oldcoot
08-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Don't get discouraged I've ben after rr for a long long long time! I'm a 56 bird. Keep trying lady luck can't avoid you forever!

Lysdexic
08-15-2011, 08:15 AM
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all --
Two 56 chars and my only pink was a Battle Axe Recipe --
Rigged I tell you, the game is rigged!

(not really, I'm just horribly unlucky :) ).

Conradin
08-15-2011, 08:47 AM
yep no sewers pinks have ever dropped for meh- Just keep trying thouh, and cash will come.

superglut2
08-15-2011, 08:53 AM
only gotten lucky ONCE with a rift armor, been playing since a year...

Register
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM
Owch guys. I rarely get pinks as well....my first and only sewer pink i got so far was a enchanted robe recipe. But its all luck. Keep trying!

mike1298
08-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Random is random. I've used so many combo plat elixers in sewers and have had only 4 pinks. Two were worth anything. When I say tons of plat. Probable a total of 1k +.

Piosidon
08-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Only pinks I've gotten was a 40k rr cap

Physiologic
08-15-2011, 10:53 AM
One single question for you: How long, in total, have you been farming Sewers?

In the long run, you'll eventually get your worth in pinks. Trust me, I know. I farmed Balefort Sewers for about 3 months, putting in an hour or so each day. Some days I received nothing, other days I've got extremely lucky. Farm for about 3 months straight and you'll see a difference.

Tvis
08-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I haven't gotten any pink drops in sewer either :( Oh well

Kakatoa91
08-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Well, elixirs even with my big luck vanity dont give much too. No difference for me.

My pinks... mainly 75% recipes from all classes >_>
Nothin after all this time for my dual bear. Just a dex helm.
I could even fortified 2 sets... but nothin to craft on.
Once I would love to have a bow drop or axe/sword/shield... always for the others in team. Lucky them.

Dartagnian
08-15-2011, 02:56 PM
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all --
Two 56 chars and my only pink was a Battle Axe Recipe --
Rigged I tell you, the game is rigged!

(not really, I'm just horribly unlucky :) ).

Doom, despair, and agony on me!

(i got the reference....at least i hope it was a reference...otherwise ive dated myself)

Driazsomethingiforgot
08-16-2011, 05:43 AM
When I hit lv56 I got 3 Fury Gemstone Plates in one day it was a good day. Been about a month now and no pinks since.

Riccits
08-16-2011, 06:41 AM
then i should stfu but i got for sure 30 sewer pinks since start. *hideandrun*

Zaltiar
08-16-2011, 07:40 AM
It sucks, but drops are all based on luck.
I was on elixer high runs the whole day yesterday on sl, only got like 3 greens (and none that were suitable for my character).

elianel
08-16-2011, 07:52 AM
i fill the same pain my friend i see dex from my bear eyes getting ff shields and mage getting ff axe and me with full power with big luck on 40 plat potion and level 56 what could I do change me bear to a dex to see if i get str ff drops im getting tired only running for uncommon and rare :( please developer we wan pink developer please

n00b13st
08-18-2011, 02:19 AM
You're not doing anything wrong. It's just bad luck that you haven't gotten any drops. It doesn't matter if you contribute everything or nothing at all.

Appreciate your feedback! Why can't I give a thumbs up in STS forums app? Doh.

n00b13st
08-18-2011, 02:24 AM
I will be patient and keep trying...so hard when I've gotten pinks so readily in other places...and I want those 55 pink drops so much! Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket... :-)

n00b13st
08-18-2011, 02:28 AM
As said above, it's all luck. To put things in perspective, you're not happy that you farmed for an hour without a pink drop right? Well, there's been a time that I didn't get a pink... For 2 MONTHS. Ow yes, and I farmed at least 3hours+ a day at than time too. Then, after I took a break, I got a complete mm staff set in under an hour. Again, as said, it's all luck :)

Welll...I wasn't terribly specific but implied....the multiple times I've bought 4x combo only to see another (not the greatest in the team :-) ) get the pink drop. But I'll keep on plugging in light of all sage advice and your long effort.

Thx all!

n00b13st
08-18-2011, 02:30 AM
One single question for you: How long, in total, have you been farming Sewers?

In the long run, you'll eventually get your worth in pinks. Trust me, I know. I farmed Balefort Sewers for about 3 months, putting in an hour or so each day. Some days I received nothing, other days I've got extremely lucky. Farm for about 3 months straight and you'll see a difference.

And THAT is what I'll be doing. Thank you noble one. :-)

Shadowie
08-18-2011, 02:51 AM
Trust me, u r not the worst in luck. All the drops r base on luck. I had pretty good luck from lvl 52-53. Ever since i hit 54 till now, about 3 months already, i only had 2 pink recipe drops. Dun give up, keep trying. :cool:

Redbridge
08-18-2011, 03:23 AM
but I knew that was a possibility from the start.

Here is the trick. If you know what to expect from the start then you'll maybe not feel as bad, don't give up though.

Looks like the other players were having a lucky round NOT you were unlucky.

Look at the long list of examples of very very little dropping in BS and take some comfort in knowing your not alone, we all see others getting 'our drops'. BUT, its very important to remember they are not 'our drops'. You get what you get as do other players. It's very easy to let the green eyed monster take over when someone else gets something nice.

Best of luck getting something good... It'll fall eventually.

We had almost 10 pinks drop in a one hour period with nothing for hours before or after. Purely random. Or is it? LOL

mrfrogz
08-18-2011, 03:28 AM
Hey bro... You said you only farm catspaw right? Well... Catspaw isnt a main boss... Only main bosses drop good stuff... Your exp runs in killing until 46 mobs left in BB Hideout will probably only generate recipes from catspaw... Just saying
Uzihazimaki

LelouchX
08-20-2011, 01:00 AM
The nature of randomness. I played for 6 hours with a 4x combo elixir and saw 5 other people get rr recurves, while I got not one pink. It sucks, but then there are time when I got 5 pink in an hour and nobody else got any. it's a double edged sword

NECROREAPER
08-20-2011, 07:53 AM
I forget who it was that did the math but they calculated that you only get around 1-2% increase in luck while using an elixir that grants more luck.

So at that rate, you might as well be spending your time trying to get bit by sharks while swimming during a lightning storm if you're gonna rely on luck elixirs to get pink drops.

Just saying :D

Dartagnian
08-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Meat underwear and an all copper superhero cape.

That should get you a nibble and zap!