PDA

View Full Version : Red antenna's?

Unxtoxic
08-15-2011, 06:07 AM
I was how do we earn or retrieve this antenna? I know it relates to haikus contest, did we have to participate in it to get it? Please leave any feedback, thanks!

-Toxic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonTider
08-15-2011, 06:14 AM
Red antennae's were purchasable as the "deal of the day" yesterday for 20 plat. Not sure about Haikus' contest.

Formora
08-15-2011, 06:25 AM
Red antennas were originally a prize for participating in the haiku contest a while back. Now they're purchasable for 20 platinum if you're on Droid.

Shadowie
08-15-2011, 06:53 AM
I realise it different look. The fiery and red r 2 different antennas.

Formora
08-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Yeah. The red ones were given out for the haiku contest. Fiery antennas were given out for the CTF tournament and another contest (video contest maybe?).

CanonicalKoi
08-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Fiery were also given out for the Design a Fiery Weapon contest, I think. And yes, if you were an Android user, you could buy the red ones for a limited time. No joy for those of us on IOS. :-(

WoundedEagle
08-15-2011, 09:12 AM
iOS gets 'Deal of the Day' in next big update and all items will have days for us to get them as they did on android

CanonicalKoi
08-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Oh, I know. Wound, but my baby bird is feeling unstylish. All it has are yellow antenna and they're so...so...2010! ;-) (And a big thank you to Asommers for running around like a maniac to all the Balefort instances handing them out.)

Whirlzap
08-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Not flame or anything, but if they start bringing back stuff from long time ago JUST for profit, I'm quitting.

Arterra
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
They are selling... Antennae?
I expected big luck or some other holiday vanity of minor importance. Antennae are a sort of prize...

:/

^face I'm making while reading this

CanonicalKoi
08-15-2011, 11:19 AM
it was an Android-only "deal of the day" thingie, I guess. Someone posted a screenie of the sales window. Meh, colors that they're not planning on using for give-aways would be fine. I'd be a little horked if I paid plat for a pair and a week or so later the exact same ones were being given away.

Arterra
08-15-2011, 11:31 AM
I remember it being said "hope you have been collecting them all..." some time ago, but now you can complete your collection for Plat :/
To not go all sulky troll on y'all, I'll compromise of sorts (in respect to opinion, I know I can't change anything lol)
Giveaway antennae like the green, blue or even black are ok to sell, since finding a dev in a giving mood after a update is always a possibility.
But colors such as white, red, orange and yellow where awarded as prizes or specialty one time things, yellow as a thanks of sorts for voting up PL in the greatest app contest.
If every PL contest comes with complementary antennae, even repeating colors, it is a sign that you are at least a reader of the forums, and know of the community.

thefirehawk
08-15-2011, 01:38 PM
The fiery antennas were given out at the last weapon design contest