PDA

View Full Version : If you delete a character, can you reuse the name?

Snakespeare
06-15-2010, 03:44 PM
With only two slots in the free part of the game, it seems a free player might want to try low level builds over again. Can I just delete and remake?

((I realize you can just pay for this sort of thing with plat, but I am still very low level and learning and don't want buy plat until I get the hang of the game.))

Barbamitsos
06-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Ye u can remake chars with same names. U just delete the old ones and use
the same name. :) have fun ;)

asommers
06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
With only two slots in the free part of the game, it seems a free player might want to try low level builds over again. Can I just delete and remake?

((I realize you can just pay for this sort of thing with plat, but I am still very low level and learning and don't want buy plat until I get the hang of the game.))

Yes. You can reuse a name as long as it's not actively used.

-ALS

Suentous PO
07-11-2011, 08:27 PM
am i correct in thinking that if a character is never deleted the name is "locked" forever?

Orcish
07-11-2011, 08:29 PM
am i correct in thinking that if a character is never deleted the name is "locked" forever? You are correct.

Ellyidol
07-11-2011, 08:29 PM
am i correct in thinking that if a character is never deleted the name is "locked" forever?

Clear indication of using the search function or immense shovel work (Jay reference) :p

AFAIK, yes, once a character is made and never deleted, the name is locked with it. I don't think there's an auto-delete feature where a character gets deleted after a certain amount of inactive time.

Whirlzap
07-11-2011, 08:41 PM
That would suck to have character wipes, but I have seen it occur in several games, where they wipe the names of characters who have not been active for a year.