PDA

View Full Version : whats happened to the universal platinum ?

thugimmortal
08-15-2011, 02:41 PM
I logged into star legends today and was horrified by a message saying that platinum is a single game currency. I am highly disappointed in in this decision as i play both games and cannot purchase plat and have to rely on free tap-joy offers. So the universal platinum was ideal so when i downloaded to get free plat it would go to both games. In restricting the use of plat in both games universally has cut my ability to purchace from the plat store in half. I would like to see this decision reversed back to a universal credit for both games because if i download an offer on one game i cannot download that same offer again on the other game so its really forcing me to choose between the two games. PLEASE DEVS DO NOT MAKE ME CHOOSE I LIKE THEM BOTH

KingFu
08-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey tupac:) This topic has been brought up in many many threads. There's a bit of controversy with it, but if you give it a search it should pop up with a few relating threads.

thugimmortal
08-15-2011, 02:46 PM
LOL sorry dude ive been away and have only just noticed it im disappointed

Nourish
08-15-2011, 06:33 PM
You've probably found out already but its part of apples ToS. :( I bought 800 in prepare for SL lmao oh well

thugimmortal
08-15-2011, 07:14 PM
You've probably found out already but its part of apples ToS. :( I bought 800 in prepare for SL lmao oh well

Yeah Ive found out why now because of apples TOS. But what has apples decision to not allow universal platinum credits got to do with the android version. If a certain element isn't supported by apple doesnt mean that the same applies for android that does support it. I feel it is wrong to disable universal platinum on android just because apple doesn't approve. I think it would be better just to disable universal platinum on apple devices after all its apple fault lol. Now I have got to choose between the two games and I really dont want to do that. This has made me very angry that apple can bully game developers into changing an option that they didn't want to change. Even more so to change it on another platform that has nothing to do with apple im disappointed :(

Ps. I hope the devs will reconsider and allow universal platinum on android devices as its not the poor ole droids fault

CrimsonTider
08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Hey man. It's all about keeping it fair, which i agree with. Yeah it sucks but life goes on. :)

Nourish
08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
@thug

Agreed, android has very non strict rules IMO which can be good and bad, apple IMO has amazing devices but strict rules. If we didn't know SL was coming and then they announced it and when we download it... Well we'd be amazed at how smooth the game runs :)

thugimmortal
08-15-2011, 07:53 PM

Piosidon
08-15-2011, 09:37 PM

Hahaha.... Apple looks weirder in 3D

BodMaster
08-16-2011, 02:34 AM
Yeah Ive found out why now because of apples TOS.

Ps. I hope the devs will reconsider and allow universal platinum on android devices as its not the poor ole droids fault

Agree tupac.. but like others have said this keeps it fair.. also because of this sts had to resubmit the SL application all over again.. which means its taken even longer for it to be released on ios. (Believe its the reason sts decided to carry on with Android release)

Andddd awesome pic!!! Pwn! xD

hotmumbo
08-16-2011, 08:33 AM
:distress: Oh friggin great and after I just dropped $89.99 for 2K Plat just over a month ago. I had even emailed spacetime studios to ask if the plat was shareable beforehand and got a resounding yes. I wonder if they will split it for me if I ask, especially given that they said it was shareable. This is pretty disappointing considering I put in a fairly large outlay and commitment to support PL and SL.

Justg
08-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Folks, if we want Star Legends out on iOS, we are going to have to abide by their TOS. Please email us in support if you would like to discuss further. Thanks.