PDA

View Full Version : reporting... good players

Nick41324
08-15-2011, 06:15 PM
This is just a idea:
In game there is a way to report bad players, but what about the good ones? If somebody makes you think they deserve to be reported in a good way... Why isn't there a way to do so? Some people really help me out alot and I always want to refer him for going out of his way to do something good.

This is just a little thing I thought of while I was in game and I thought it was a pretty good idea.

Roasty
08-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Ehh...I see how this idea could help out a bit...although it would be strange to see someone say "Dude I'm reporting you" when that person was doing something good. I'd say I'm used to reporting people who are violating the terms and such.

Tvis
08-15-2011, 06:19 PM
Perhaps not reporting, but praising...

Nick41324
08-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Then... Referring...

SUPAPRODIGY
08-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah and after you accumulate so many points you get a vanity item for worthy players of been praise but i think people will violate the system too and give it to people who dont deserve it

LIGHTNINGLORD67
08-15-2011, 06:23 PM
i think people will violate the system too and give it to people who dont deserve it

This is exactly what I thought of as soon as I saw this thread.

Nick41324
08-15-2011, 06:25 PM
What if you would have to write out a summary of what they exactly did to be nice.

mike1298
08-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Would be easily abusable. Get friends to do for you or pay others.

mycroftxxx
08-15-2011, 06:30 PM
You mean a “Like” button? What prevents someone gaming that, when they can create as many free accounts as they want?

Nourish
08-15-2011, 06:30 PM
Although it's an awesome idea, what about making a toon then just referring then repeating :/ a solution around that

SUPAPRODIGY
08-15-2011, 06:35 PM
Its a good idea that needs to go to Spacetime Studios council :)

WoundedEagle
08-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Guys guys guys. Look at the simple already used reporting system. Support loves details and they only read details reports. So if this is such a brilliant idea(which indeed it is) why not just have the same system they do now but for 'good'. You couldn't report yourself. Because they check accounts

mycroftxxx
08-15-2011, 10:30 PM
One thing I noticed about the current reporting system that I don't understand. AFAICT, the only way to submit a detailed report is to click on the user—but I can't take the time to do that in the middle of a campaign! If I use /report, is there a way to add detail?

PatsoeGamer
08-16-2011, 03:12 PM
I like this idea. I see it could be abused though which is a bit of a shame. I'm imagining the buttons close together too- accidentally pressing the wrong button could be a problem lol. I still like the idea though; a 'thank' or 'praise' button would be cool.

Conradin
08-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Why have rewards??? Just maybe after you referred the person, they could read your thanks, and the devs would get a heads up.

Cascade
08-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Just have a rep system like the forums

PatsoeGamer
08-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Why have rewards??? Just maybe after you referred the person, they could read your thanks, and the devs would get a heads up.

Brilliant!

Bakoffmycandy
08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I like it! Great idea!

RioMage
08-16-2011, 09:40 PM
This is exactly what I thought of as soon as I saw this thread.

People also violate the system and report people who dont deserve it also. Should we remove reporting? Why do you guys have think of something negative as soon as you see something that might be a good idea.. Think of the bright side for once.

RioMage
08-16-2011, 09:44 PM
Although it's an awesome idea, what about making a toon then just referring then repeating :/ a solution around that just make it to where you cant refer your account on the same device it was created on. Anything that is created will always have flaws. Just put in ideas on what you can do instead of posting reasons on why you should not do it.

Ahh. We can also
have a dislike button so. If the person is a scammer or an offender, people can see his status and decide whether they should stay away or be more careful. Getting a heads up you could say.

Kalielle
08-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Well, it seems like a good idea in theory, but I've seen an automated reputation system in one other game and it seemed to lead to people "farming" likes. As soon as you joined the game as a new player, some veteran tried to strike a deal to power level you if you "honored" him or whatever it was called. In PL there are already tons of people begging for gold and power leveling. I bet with this system they'll also be standing around begging for "likes", or selling favors or gold in exchange for likes.

As for sending the devs a detailed message about how the player helped you, that sounds great if the devs have the time to review it. My guess is they may be too busy to read through all the tickets they would get.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-16-2011, 09:50 PM
RioMage
Because they can check accounts and trace back to who got u praised :) so you cant cheat the system

Arterra
08-16-2011, 10:40 PM
One thing I noticed about the current reporting system that I don't understand. AFAICT, the only way to submit a detailed report is to click on the user—but I can't take the time to do that in the middle of a campaign! If I use /report, is there a way to add detail?

I can't stand how I have to do a whole email to report someone, exit the app and everything, so I do this:

/report (name) (reason)

I know it works with jus the name, you get a message, but I don't know if there is a reason area or not. Hope so.