PDA

View Full Version : Here's The Thing... Finding The Right Guild

NoseToNose
08-16-2011, 05:53 AM
Here's the thing if you are looking for a guild find one that fits you.
Don't look at a guild because it has a lot of high level players, or has a lot of members because you won't fit in and will hate it there if its not your style. If you find a guild and its completely full of level twos but it excites you each day to log in and see them then that's the guild for you, and make any effort to improve your guild while you are there. If you find a guild, apply yourself, talk a little get to know people and they will make the same effort for you.

When beta was released on the android my engineer Scotty was attempted to be recruited by several guilds, but watching them and how they played I knew they weren't for me. Just because you're invited doesn't mean you have to join and if you think it does I invite you all to step in front of a moving bus. It wasn't until my first level twenty run of big bug blast that I found what I was looking for as far as guilds, jumping in I found Snippets and Frikin waiting at the beginning of the level for more to join and we just leveled. We had fun and talked throughout the level and I knew these were my team mates, the guild I've been looking for so I made the effort and applied to join.

It hasn't stopped since, when I joined I was openingly welcomed and introduced to my officers whom all had a kind word, and a few trolls along the way, but isn't the great thing? Knowing even if you get trolled a little, poked or prodded its all in good fun and you are a valued member. That you are welcomed with open arms to a family, a guild where you belong.

I suggest new ideas to the guild, put things into perspective a different way then before, help members level, and supply them with gear even to my breaking point. As of late I'm practically dirt poor but I do it because I love this guild, I love Gears of War. I do it not because its expected or that I believe I will receive anything back. I do it because I found my home, my guild, my family and every member can have this feeling.

You just need to find the right guild for you. Find a good fit and never look back, levels don't matter, money doesn't matter, people matter.

Now for a little plug, Gears of War is an excellent guild with a lot of members exactly like me, well not exactly like me otherwise I might not be as loved, but you get the point. We strive for both personal growth as well as team work. You cannot help someone unless they are first willing to help themselves. We can be a bit arrogant at times, but wouldn't you have a big head if you were us? We are a lot of fun, and a good enviroment for the right members. So make an effort, come to our forums and apply, we don't bite, hard. Gow-guild.forumotion.com

For all of you though find a guild right for you, for me its Gears of War, for you the skies the limit.

NoseToNose
08-16-2011, 07:09 AM
Impatient Self Bump

Flowman
08-16-2011, 09:16 AM
If anyone else in another guild posted this, my reply would 100% be "TLDR" but I actually read this.
Agree with everything said here. You should pick a guild that represents you as a person. If you're bouncing from guild to guild, you're obviously not liking that kind of group, so don't keep joining guilds just to join one.

shinchin
08-16-2011, 09:49 AM
Right u should chose a guild that best suits u. :D And u should just have fun.:D

NoseToNose
08-16-2011, 01:48 PM
I just figured it needed to be said.

NoseToNose
08-16-2011, 09:18 PM
Bump

Arterra
08-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Great points, just looks too much like an advertisement ;)

As for my own guild, AeO has been around since before implementation, yet still worked around it. What I found nice is that while there are plenty of people willing to farm, twink or merchant in it, there is usually someone I know just lazing around in towne, and so I could join in on anything or nothing as I please. Even sprouted a few flash parties and friendly free for all pvp games lol. remember, this is without there even being guilds in game.
So yes, finding a group that let's you do what you want with people you like is best.
/selfadvertisment

NoseToNose
08-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Great points, just looks too much like an advertisement ;)

As for my own guild, AeO has been around since before implementation, yet still worked around it. What I found nice is that while there are plenty of people willing to farm, twink or merchant in it, there is usually someone I know just lazing around in towne, and so I could join in on anything or nothing as I please. Even sprouted a few flash parties and friendly free for all pvp games lol. remember, this is without there even being guilds in game.
So yes, finding a group that let's you do what you want with people you like is best.
/selfadvertisment
I welcome all guilds to advertise a little here. The purposes is for people to find a guild right.for them and not dismay. AeO is no doubt an excellent place for lazy members, Haha I kid Im sure its a great place

Zbooo
08-17-2011, 12:26 AM
POW POW POW*WokaFlokaVoice*

The reason I stayed in GoW since first phase of beta is because I learned how to play with those guys, they've been my SL family ever since and the joking trolling amongst ourselves(The ones who know how to handle it ofcourse) is a plus.