PDA

View Full Version : Mobs that Respawn/ Free roaming!?!?

Gwendaline
06-15-2010, 07:46 PM
HEY! I don't understand why you guys have not made a few Open worlds. Or Free roaming maps. I have played one mmorpg on the iPhone with maps that you can roam around on for hours. They also have mobs that respawn. Now.. I'm not trying to go and change things around here, but don't you think this might put an end to people capping out their LVLs soo fast? Don't get me wrong. I love the game, but It has lost all of it's challenge. I understand that you all are doing your best to get this game poppin, but I don't want to have to spend 1000 dollars to be able to enjoy the game to its fullest.

P.S. I would love to have a pet Pterodactyl, Pteranodon, or a fire breathing Saurolophus kinda like Ducky off of land before time but less talkative and more bleedy..

Gwendaline
06-15-2010, 09:36 PM
HEY! I don't understand why you guys have not made a few Open worlds. Or Free roaming maps. I have played one mmorpg on the iPhone with maps that you can roam around on for hours. They also have mobs that respawn. Now.. I'm not trying to go and change things around here, but don't you think this might put an end to people capping out their LVLs soo fast? Don't get me wrong. I love the game, but It has lost all of it's challenge. I understand that you all are doing your best to get this game poppin, but I don't want to have to spend 1000 dollars to be able to enjoy the game to its fullest.

P.S. I would love to have a pet Pterodactyl, Pteranodon, or a fire breathing Saurolophus kinda like Ducky off of land before time but less talkative and more bleedy..

Yeah I completely agree with you Gwennypoowhoo. Respawning mobs would be nice. Ya know. Maybe the Devs could make certain mobs respawn after the map was cleared with the choice of Going to next level, exiting level, and Stay and murder. The stay and murder option will allow you to stay on the map, and murder mobs repeatedly until your hearts content. Or until your eyes, and ears bleed.

Sayishere
06-16-2010, 05:08 AM
yes i REALLLY want an open world experience with this game

its on their roadmap but its gonna take a while

RedRyder
06-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Yeah I completely agree with you Gwennypoowhoo. Respawning mobs would be nice. Ya know. Maybe the Devs could make certain mobs respawn after the map was cleared with the choice of Going to next level, exiting level, and Stay and murder. The stay and murder option will allow you to stay on the map, and murder mobs repeatedly until your hearts content. Or until your eyes, and ears bleed.

lol its always ammusing when you quote yourself. And I bet the game you were playing was IMO:
the world of magic. I've been tied up to that game for hoursss roaming and killing mobs that respawn with the occasional rare enemie that respawns every 20 minutes

flaimdude
06-16-2010, 10:25 AM

You... are seriously weird. :/

Dizko
06-16-2010, 10:27 AM
yes i REALLLY want an open world experience with this game

its on their roadmap but its gonna take a while

Are you sure? If you mean the 'World Map' part, I'm pretty sure that means just a map with the dungeons on it - not like an actual world in between the maps.

Would be nice tho.

King Richie
06-16-2010, 10:50 AM
open world is not on their roadmap.... world map is which is basically having a towne for every campaign but right now there is nothing about an open world and i doubt they will be for a loooooong time cause of the requirements.... the lag and frame rate would be atrocious... and everyone would just be complaining !

HectorCruz
06-16-2010, 10:52 AM

PvP
06-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Yes I think the devs mentioned there won't be any free roam, but don't quote me, its been a while. There's lots of reasons and Richie mentioned some of them, but I wish we could have one as well. Oh by the way...The saddest thing is I actually have seen The Land Before Time -.-... When I was like 6.

HectorCruz
06-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes I think the devs mentioned there won't be any free roam, but don't quote me, its been a while. There's lots of reasons and Richie mentioned some of them, but I wish we could have one as well. Oh by the way...The saddest thing is I actually have seen The Land Before Time -.-... When I was like 6.

Yes I'm quoting you, I'm really genuinely sorry for going against your wishes. Everybody has seen the land before time, it's okay. What's really sad is if you've seen all of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time_(series)

The devs have said that it won't be an open world, where you go from the townes into the wilderness to fight doodz. I think Gwen is referring to a situation where you're just in some crazy killing arena. Where you just have to get to the end in order to move on, but you can stay and fight guys repeatedly if you want.

King Richie
06-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Yes I'm quoting you, I'm really genuinely sorry for going against your wishes. Everybody has seen the land before time, it's okay. What's really sad is if you've seen all of them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Land_Before_Time_(series)

The devs have said that it won't be an open world, where you go from the townes into the wilderness to fight doodz. I think Gwen is referring to a situation where you're just in some crazy killing arena. Where you just have to get to the end in order to move on, but you can stay and fight guys repeatedly if you want.

Is the land before time that dinosaur thingy ?? !

PvP
06-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Yes Richie o.o...and Gwen would suggest anything that involved killing multitudes and "bleeding" but I think the devs are comfortable with how it is. Just my opinion, and they would of put something that big on the technology roadmap.

King Richie
06-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Yes Richie o.o...and Gwen would suggest anything that involved killing multitudes and "bleeding" but I think the devs are comfortable with how it is. Just my opinion, and they would of put something that big on the technology roadmap.

Im very comfortable with where it is right now ... BUUUUT if they could create it in anyway like guild wars ..... Ok for people who have never played guild wars

The towne would be your home point so whenever you log in your there ... obviously again there is more than 1 of these worlds working at once and you can join them through invites and picking when you log in... but how it would work was ok there is a gate at the end of towne and this leads to forest haven , dark forest , swamps , oasis , wherever you wana go ok but then once your there instead of it working like sequences you just have to walk through the gate at the end of the lvl and that leads to the next map ofcourse your going to still need the loading screen but it gets rid of alot of menu screens .... things that hardcore MMo fans dont wana see =)

Dizko
06-16-2010, 12:05 PM
The gate idea is very good and I think i've actually heard the dev's consider it.

Like going through the gate automatically creates a new game. If you combine this with partying - then you've basically got WoW-like instances.

King Richie
06-16-2010, 12:08 PM
The gate idea is very good and I think i've actually heard the dev's consider it.

Like going through the gate automatically creates a new game. If you combine this with partying - then you've basically got WoW-like instances.

Yeahthis would create such a different game =) it would make it alot more enjoyable even though its only a small add its such a nice add !

Sayishere
06-16-2010, 12:34 PM
i swear i read somewhere there was going to be aspects of open world implemented i could be wrong though, i mean it wouldnt be the end of the world if there wasnt but something that would be cool is if each place linked with each other. so lets say towne connected to forest haven, and forest haven to dark forest, instead of leaving a game to join a new room you would go straight to the next place? hope i make sense lol