PDA

View Full Version : 1.0.1 Content Update (66704)

asommers
08-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Fixed an issue with the largest guild leaderboard not displaying
Numa Prime: Moved intro movie to the first level instead of the UC Outpost.
Numa Prime: The quest Splinter Cell is a Daily quest and is now marked as such.
Engineer: Empathy could on rare occasions fire only twice, it should now always heal three times.
Engineer: Leech could on rare occasions fire only twice, it should now always heal and damage three times.
Adjusted guild hall tier pricing
New level 25 back slot items are available in the store.
New level 25 back slot items are now dropping in Numa Prime.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks any info yet on apples release
My patience is really slow

MuskTheWicked
08-16-2011, 12:16 PM
So its still not the Sound and FX fix.? -_-

RickyxTan88
08-16-2011, 02:06 PM
Empathy!!!!! ^_^

RickyxTan88
08-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Wow... Total let down. I got excited and tried to play. Empathy only worked twice. Again

thequickone
08-16-2011, 11:34 PM
This is terrible news! Please reconsider the changes made to the Engineer's skills!!

I do not believe the introduction of chance to the skills Empathy and Transference will be beneficial in any way. The skills' descriptions are very clear. Empathy states "3 group heals over 9 secs". Leech states "damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds". Chance should not be involved.

What purpose does occasionally handicapping these skills serve? For an ally-targeting skill such as Empathy, the skill should always hit, and the result should be consistent and dependable. For an enemy-targeting skill such as Leech, a bit of randomness due to an enemy's dodge or resistance should be expected. If one if the Leech hits misses, then no hit would result and no corresponding heal would be made. Regardless, Leech should TRY to hit three times, every time.

I apologize if my tone sounds somewhat upset. It is. My primary character is my Engineer, I was the first to report the Empathy bug, other players depend on my consistent healing ability, and now you have announced that the main skill I use will not always work as it is stated to work because it is not supposed to. I just do not see the logic behind this decision.

Let me offer a couple real-world comparisons. Mail is delivered every day, right? Let's say occasionally it just isn't. You get paychecks for your work, right. Well one day you just don't. You like three meals a day, right. Well occasionally there's no dinner for you. That's how the change made to the Engineer's skills comes across. You should be able to depend on mail, paychecks, and meals. If you can't, well that just sucks... :(

In summary, please reconsider the change that has been made to the Engineer's skills. I propose they work as described, every time. Please do not change the skills' descriptions to match the introduction of chance.

RickyxTan88
08-16-2011, 11:46 PM
I personally like the engineer. This is a new game the engineer isnt a mage. It has never claimed to be. Its a support class. Armour buffs and all that good stuff. Base things more off personal opinion than wanting things changed. The classes are not compareable. I'd like things to be a lil stronger but nothing is useless. I personally dont like the freeze move either. So, I just dont drop points in it

AOmonsta
08-16-2011, 11:50 PM
There are actually 2 daily quest on Numa Prime.

I like em. One gives you 25 credits and other gives you 5 of either stim.

Cascade
08-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Why did you guys raisr price of guild hall tier 03 from 70 to 100 cuz of release?

Arterra
08-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Why did you guys raisr price of guild hall tier 03 from 70 to 100 cuz of release?

Hah classic hidden bonus patch

octavos
08-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Hah classic hidden bonus patch

Umm, why the adjustment? there's no other features in guild hall? no more discounts on items 750 per 100stims make 200stims 800, no special auction house for the guild, no special vanity options for guild members ect...
Would like to see a 4th tear with tons more options :D

bronislav84
08-17-2011, 11:20 AM
This is terrible news! Please reconsider the changes made to the Engineer's skills!!

I do not believe the introduction of chance to the skills Empathy and Transference will be beneficial in any way. The skills' descriptions are very clear. Empathy states "3 group heals over 9 secs". Leech states "damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds". Chance should not be involved.

What purpose does occasionally handicapping these skills serve? For an ally-targeting skill such as Empathy, the skill should always hit, and the result should be consistent and dependable. For an enemy-targeting skill such as Leech, a bit of randomness due to an enemy's dodge or resistance should be expected. If one if the Leech hits misses, then no hit would result and no corresponding heal would be made. Regardless, Leech should TRY to hit three times, every time.

I apologize if my tone sounds somewhat upset. It is. My primary character is my Engineer, I was the first to report the Empathy bug, other players depend on my consistent healing ability, and now you have announced that the main skill I use will not always work as it is stated to work because it is not supposed to. I just do not see the logic behind this decision.

Let me offer a couple real-world comparisons. Mail is delivered every day, right? Let's say occasionally it just isn't. You get paychecks for your work, right. Well one day you just don't. You like three meals a day, right. Well occasionally there's no dinner for you. That's how the change made to the Engineer's skills comes across. You should be able to depend on mail, paychecks, and meals. If you can't, well that just sucks... :(

In summary, please reconsider the change that has been made to the Engineer's skills. I propose they work as described, every time. Please do not change the skills' descriptions to match the introduction of chance.What are you talking about? The patch note says the skills are fixed to tick three times each without chance.

thequickone
08-17-2011, 12:35 PM
I must have mis-read that, unless the original post was edited... If I messed up and the skills were fixed to trigger 3 times each, every time, then I apologize! I still like my real-life comparisons, though... :p