PDA

View Full Version : The New Xbox

Violentsaint
06-15-2010, 08:53 PM
hey everyone

so a while back i heard about this kinect thing that basically is like a motion senior (kinda like the eye toy thingy playstation has) and i was pretty intrested by it, when i first found out about it microsoft were keeping it pretty quiet and i was thinking it was just gonna be like an accesory thing that you plug into your xbox 360.

now the medias going on about this new xbox that is ready for kinect with the motto "out today, ready for tomorrow" or something like that.

so please correct me if im wrong but do i have to go out and buy this new xbox (which will probly be rediculously expensive) and then buy this kinect thing seperatly later on (which will probly be expensive aswell)

why cant they just release this kinect motion sensor accesory to work with the currect xbox 360.

ive had my xbox 360 for 4 years now and ive had to have it sent off to get repaired twice because of the red ring of death (a stupid hardware problem) and i really dont feel like spending hundreds of dollars on a new xbox that may or may not work considering now much they screwed up with the 360's design (making the cooling fan smaller to allow room for the dvd drive causing the xbox to overheat cos the fans to small to cool down the console)

whats everyones oppinion on this new xbox and this kinect thing, also any info would be apprieciated as i dont know all the details.

EDIT: ok so i looked on wiki and kinect will work on all xbox 360 models, so why would i want this new xbox thats being released, whats so special about it, so it comes with a 250gb hard drive, so its aparently 'whisper quiet' (currect xbox should be quiet)

what is so special about this new xbox?

flaimdude
06-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Idk about the motion thing (Son– MICROSOFT EYECAM LOLOL) but the new 360 looks pretty sweet. I really like the design.

Rebel
06-15-2010, 09:07 PM
So far, the only things that are different on the new xbox are:

1) 250 gig hard drive
2) Built in WiFi
3) Sleeker model

Cascade
06-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I believe the motion sensor thing is called project natal and will be released in october it will sense 82 points in your body.

PvP
06-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah on the dashboard they should have an E3 tour or something. It tells you all the new features, and Kinect or whatever is just wifi I don't think it is part of project natal...But hey, maybe its built for it, I don't know.

Dizko
06-16-2010, 12:17 AM
Just saw the new ad/trailer thing where they had loads of celebrities trying the motion stuff.

To be honest it made it look horrible - probably more horrible than it is.

Listening to Raven Simon say cliche things like "It makes me FEEL like im IN THE GAME" and, "MY BODY IS DA CONTROLLAR LOololO!" - Really gives Xbox a bad look.

Diz
06-16-2010, 12:40 AM
This whole "motion" gimmick is REALLY starting to annoy me.

Real video games are about two things - using your brain and muscle memory (aka "twitch"). It is so sad to see things like the Wii being popular. But we know it's not a real game system for real gamers. Just run the numbers. They're mostly for "family" gaming. Just look at the titles. Wii Fit. A real gamer is not going to swing a stupid remote for 8 hours to gain a level. A real gamer is going to sit on his butt and let his fingers do the work.

I really cannot wait for the whole motion gimmick to end. It's almost as bad as the whole Guitar Hero fad. Of course motion games are never going away and will most likely become even more ensconced in the casual market but hopefully it will be a niche for playstyles and not the only way to go. I will never play a game on my iPhone that only uses accelerometer-based controls (*cough*SoG*cough*), and I will never play a 360 game that requires some proprietary add-on that pretends to "enhance" the experience.

I remember a couple months after the Wii came out, I asked some friends as we played Madden on the big screen TV, "Hey if I buy a Wii, will you guys play it?" Everbody laughed. That was a good enough answer for me.

I'd like to see Microsoft make a larger effort to provide consumers with a more stable platform instead of dumbing down the quality of their systems with gimmicks. I've been waiting for the YBox 720 for a while now.

Violentsaint
06-17-2010, 03:11 AM
project natal was the code name for kinect.

and @diz if the games are 'family' based like wii games i wont bother with it.

but say theres a epic shooter that you pretend to hold a machine gun and you can shoot people on screen, like have hardcore motion sensor games ill consider buying it.

So far, the only things that are different on the new xbox are:

1) 250 gig hard drive
2) Built in WiFi
3) Sleeker model

1) you can buy 250g hard drives for current xbox
2) you can buy a wifi device that plugs into usb slot in currect xbox
3) sleeker model? apparently more quiet? are these really worth forking out half a grand or more for? (ok maybe worth it just to never see RRoD again) XD