PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer's shield

Ron Garcia
06-16-2016, 01:53 AM
I don't know if it's just me, because I realize that maybe something is wrong with the Mage's shield. Taking so much damage, sometime shield breaks and sometimes the shield feels like it doesnt even last 15 seconds.
Pls can anyone check this. Thanks
I play pvp lvl 17 mage

Zylx
06-16-2016, 02:20 AM
The shield itself lasts until it absorbs a certain amount of damage, or at the most 15 seconds. The amount of damage it can take before breaking depends on your STR and INT stat (with more emphasis on your STR stat).

I remember reading a drawn-out equation posted by a Dev regarding how the STR and INT stats are utilized in the durability of the shield, although i dont really want to dig through pages of threads to find it. Im sure someone else might have it archived.

So in short, the shield should last less than 15 seconds in PvP, it is a normality and not a bug.

Binlaggin
06-16-2016, 03:36 AM
The shield itself lasts until it absorbs a certain amount of damage, or at the most 15 seconds. The amount of damage it can take before breaking depends on your STR and INT stat (with more emphasis on your STR stat).

I remember reading a drawn-out equation posted by a Dev regarding how the STR and INT stats are utilized in the durability of the shield, although i dont really want to dig through pages of threads to find it. Im sure someone else might have it archived.

So in short, the shield should last less than 15 seconds in PvP, it is a normality and not a bug.

Yes this is true

will0
06-16-2016, 04:37 AM
it breaks so easily now in new maps ... it needs a little buff or longer invulnerability like 4-5sec

Zeus
06-16-2016, 08:17 AM
it breaks so easily now in new maps ... it needs a little buff or longer invulnerability like 4-5sec

Lol, the shield is fine. How does the other DPS class survive without a shield?

Kharjojo
06-16-2016, 09:16 AM
Lol, the shield is fine. How does the other DPS class survive without a shield?

Relying on way more armor and dodge, the mastery on razor helps too.
That's been said, i don't think new elite maps has been designed for us to live easily in without the anti-gnome set, except the first one which is relatively easy.
So, i suggest to invest some points in the shield mastery if you fellow squishy colleagues feels that your shield breaks too easily.. we're smurf in the end, don't forget it, i'm seeing tons of tanky smurfs head into the crowd relying on wildfire proc, no wonder sometimes it works nicely and sometimes you'll taste the floor.

Zeus
06-16-2016, 09:39 AM
Relying on way more armor and dodge, the mastery on razor helps too.
That's been said, i don't think new elite maps has been designed for us to live easily in without the anti-gnome set, except the first one which is relatively easy.
So, i suggest to invest some points in the shield mastery if you fellow squishy colleagues feels that your shield breaks too easily.. we're smurf in the end, don't forget it, i'm seeing tons of tanky smurfs head into the crowd relying on wildfire proc, no wonder sometimes it works nicely and sometimes you'll taste the floor.

Rogues actually have similar levels of armor that a mage has now that armor has been nerfed. The mastery on razor is useless - an elixir or nekro shield completely nullifies it. Dodge doesn't really help in red zones either, as you will still die. My point is that people continually ask for a buff without even learning to be good at their own class.

Kharjojo
06-16-2016, 10:05 AM
Rogues actually have similar levels of armor that a mage has now that armor has been nerfed. The mastery on razor is useless - an elixir or nekro shield completely nullifies it. Dodge doesn't really help in red zones either, as you will still die. My point is that people continually ask for a buff without even learning to be good at their own class.

Got your point of view, I just wanted to state the fact that it seems without the anti-gnome set every class has is own probs in those elite maps.
Luckily i'm noticing too that real team cooperation and knowledge abt how each class works makes the run way more safer.

Ron Garcia
06-16-2016, 01:24 PM
Okay, I understand that the shields durability and amount of dmg it can take to break is base on str/int. It's just that the rogue is doing so much that the shield break more faster. It can also combo/kill a mage with shield on 60% or less hp WITH shield on. I actually just realize this last update(last Thursday )
Again it's PvP on twinks. :)