PDA

View Full Version : is this fair or overprotective?

kilainstinctss
08-16-2011, 10:01 PM
Deleted

Ellyidol
08-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Most importantly, bans are never discussed on the forum, so your best bet to get your ban lifted would be to talk it out with support.

Also, you may think that STS is losing $$$ with you alone, but look at the big picture. Excessive swearing or unfit environment for their age group (9+ I think) could also lead to more costly legal stuff or ultimately, in the worst case, their game revoked or something.

STS wants to protect their product and will do what is necessary to do so, that's the bottom line.

kilainstinctss
08-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Deleted

Conradin
08-16-2011, 11:02 PM
I hope ya get a second chance.

Email support(at)spacetimestudios.com replacing the (at) with @ for help lifting your ban. Or at least you will find out why/why not. I would also recomend removing all you typed. A nice email will help ya the most.

Uzikrabd
08-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Well good luck is all any one can say really so good luck

Flickz
08-16-2011, 11:31 PM
That is fair if you make problems for them in one game it only makes sence for them to assume you will in another and for you to say they've lost money from you and your friends that you got hooked doesnt even sound belivable. You expect them to belive that you and your friends were putting money into their games and then once you get banned your friends just quit because you couldn't play, thus own wasting their money lol!

Ellyidol
08-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Have you contacted support to clarify what you actually did wrong? If it was mild, but still in their terms of a perma ban, you may be able to plead your case.

But if it was something else entirely, like griefing or other illegal stuff, it might be almost impossible to get unbanned other than getting a new device :p

TANKKAAR
08-16-2011, 11:47 PM
I would like a dev to respond publicly (on my thread :) and hear what they are trying to accomplish with the (swear ban)

If they respond it will only be to tell you that bans arent dicussed openly and then they will lock your thread...lol
And btw... What they are trying to accomplish with the swear ban is a fun and safe enviroment for all ages to enjoy and in which parents feel comfortable allowing their kids to play with out being exposed to inappropriate behavior/content :-)

Pvp King
08-17-2011, 12:03 AM
I'm with hope you get another crack at it!

Magecreater
08-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm with u but posting on here won't help bc this happened to me bfor u have to e-mail STS at support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace (at) with @) from there u can talk about getting ur ban lifted with a dev. They actually take thier time and sit there and talk about wat u did wrong and wat not. u can explain ur self there. Took me 1week to convince them that I would not break the rules any more. So just b patient. And good luck! :)

Magecreater
08-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Yes they lock ur thread lol bc when I did this they locked my threa with in 5min and then banned me from the forums so u mite want to delete now while u can.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-17-2011, 12:26 AM
I wish i could disable filter chat when im with my friends because we say one thing and BAM muted and my friends dont even know im muted so just wish i could disable
It but when im near younger audienes i would enable it just to be safe to everyone younger