PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Proc's and debuffs may need a limit.

Ellyidol
08-17-2011, 05:14 AM
For those who don't know, this is what happened to my bear the other day:

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/bryantioliu/17779b0c.jpg

Hit % from 93 to 13. -30 from Blinding Shot (blind debuff), -50 from TWO procs of Blind from a Recurve -- all within 4-5 seconds.

That said, I've been thinking of possible ways on how to "fix" that.

In my opinion, -80% Hit from a single bird within a few seconds is not right. Furthermore for a bear.

My suggestion, proc's and debuffs should have a limit.

Blind is one kind of debuff, whether Blind Shot or Blind from Recurve procs (I don't even know why they should have one).

I'm not fully aware of any other debuffs/procs that stack, but the same kind of debuff/proc should only be applied once. NO STACKING.

Two Hell Screams, Two Crushing Blows, Two Nightmares/Weaknesses, Two Root debuffs, Two of any same kind of debuff/proc shouldn't stack. I believe that this will somehow slowly balance PvP. None of those procs/debuffs that bring your Hit, damage, or dodge to negative.

I know Blind does, anything else?

Kakatoa91
08-17-2011, 05:36 AM
13% hit... you could miss 5 elephants just in front of u -_-

Might b interestin to limit stackin action in pvp.

Yvonnel
08-17-2011, 05:52 AM
Holy Crap! Well that explains alot.

Ellyidol
08-17-2011, 06:40 AM
13% hit... you could miss 5 elephants just in front of u -_-

Might b interestin to limit stackin action in pvp.

I might even go as far as PvE. Imagine a boss with negative Hit % :p

Holy Crap! Well that explains alot.

Yup! I was wondering why I just couldn't land my skills when up against a bird/(s).

Silentarrow
08-17-2011, 08:04 AM
I don't want this to be added to PvE, but I wouldn't mind seeing this added to PvP.

Register
08-17-2011, 08:28 AM
No to pve. yes to pvp.

Great idea and find! But did you really have to type out this entire thing to get your point out :p

Ellyidol
08-17-2011, 08:30 AM
No to pve. yes to pvp.

Great idea and find! But did you really have to type out this entire thing to get your point out :p

Rather overtype than undertype :p

Arterra
08-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Break armor stacks, the skill and the proc. But how bad is it?

Ellyidol
08-17-2011, 08:39 AM
Break armor stacks, the skill and the proc. But how bad is it?

Skill is -30 at 6 if I'm not mistaken? I'm not aware of any end-game weapons that have the break armour proc.

-30 is huge enough, IMO.

Arterra
08-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Skill is -30 at 6 if I'm not mistaken? I'm not aware of any end-game weapons that have the break armour proc.

-30 is huge enough, IMO.

Current endgame? Dont think so. Lv45 and 50 tho used spears, and shock lance had a non-stacking version.
Nobody seemed to complain about it tho lol, not even before the weapon nerf update (speed got halved in some cases, lots of regen and dodge lost on things like Isis and Thoth)

Register
08-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Rather overtype than undertype :p

Isnt that what I was saying? I was saying that you didnt really need to type out this whole thing to get the point out IMO. I would have been fine reading 3 sentences! But that would be weird for Elly to do....3 sentences...:p

bronislav84
08-17-2011, 08:59 AM
No stacking in PVP only if this goes through. I'd rather it stays as is. We already have problems of no stacking buffs in SL. We don't need no debuff stacking for PL. It breaks PVE teams working together because some peoples contributions are negated.

Ellyidol
08-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Current endgame? Dont think so. Lv45 and 50 tho used spears, and shock lance had a non-stacking version.
Nobody seemed to complain about it tho lol, not even before the weapon nerf update (speed got halved in some cases, lots of regen and dodge lost on things like Isis and Thoth)

Oh right! What were the values though? The blind one might be more obvious because it's from a ranged weapon, melee weapons aren't really for normal attacking anyway.

Hmm that's true, PvE is better off untouched. I was just under the impression that they completely stacked on bosses, negative hit % bosses technically rules out any need for tanks right?

@Reg

I like to type :p

Arterra
08-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Lol I remember using a lv50 darkmatter of Thoth to abuse its weakness proc... I am pretty sure it made bosses miss me that much more, along with all the other classes' debuffs. Too bad I don't think it stacks.
And for all we know, maybe some bosses have over 100% hit lol

Singleteddy
08-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Hmm, wonder if this is at all related…
Is it possible the weapon is not hitting the target? Recentley in pvp i have noticed my weapon shooting side ways not touching target at all. I have tried this even on barrels... This is a very recent event.... Possible its related? My issue was noticed in my 26 .... Again in pvp a recent complaint has been " im not doing damage" ... May or may not be related to this..

Physiologic
08-17-2011, 05:49 PM
This is a great idea for PvP since it stabilizes any edge one class has over another, but bronislav has a point - in SL, Engineers skills no longer stack together and its actually causing a decline in Engineer popularity.

Otukura
08-17-2011, 09:34 PM
I agree to an extent... what about the weapons that proc -1/3/4 break armor? Those should still stack.

And a question, what about the procs that buff you? Eg. Trueshot bows. Would this apply to that too?

Ellyidol
08-17-2011, 10:04 PM
Lol I remember using a lv50 darkmatter of Thoth to abuse its weakness proc... I am pretty sure it made bosses miss me that much more, along with all the other classes' debuffs. Too bad I don't think it stacks.
And for all we know, maybe some bosses have over 100% hit lol

Oh, that's true.. :)

Not sure what the relation is. Attacking even outside the range? You can swing your weapon any time as far as I know.

This is a great idea for PvP since it stabilizes any edge one class has over another, but bronislav has a point - in SL, Engineers skills no longer stack together and its actually causing a decline in Engineer popularity.

True true, I personally haven't played SL yet so I can't directly agree, but I've seen the posts lately. Best for PvP only then :)

I agree to an extent... what about the weapons that proc -1/3/4 break armor? Those should still stack.

And a question, what about the procs that buff you? Eg. Trueshot bows. Would this apply to that too?

I would say they can stack too, the small break armor procs. But for big procs like this, -25 from a normal attack is crazy IMO. Almost as high as the skill debuff but in a normal attack.

PS. Swords need a proc!

Arterra
08-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Swords? There is soul leech with scimitar and either fury axe or sword (I know str has a proc), and the force blade had armor break. Also, vibrablade had blindness. And hax can complete execute combo. Not counting spears, tridents, or hammers heh.
Str has it's procs, just not as obvious.

Ellyidol
08-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Swords? There is soul leech with scimitar and either fury axe or sword (I know str has a proc), and the force blade had armor break. Also, vibrablade had blindness. And hax can complete execute combo. Not counting spears, tridents, or hammers heh.
Str has it's procs, just not as obvious.

The least useful too. Soul leech doesn't save anything in PvP. Neither does armour break or blind.

If they slowed movespeed or decreased dodge, then it'd be a force to reckon with.

Singleteddy
08-18-2011, 03:42 PM
Is it possible the weapon is not hitting the target? Recentley in pvp i have noticed my weapon shooting side ways not touching target at all. I have tried this even on barrels... This is a very recent event.... Possible its related? My issue was noticed in my 26 .... Again in pvp a recent complaint has been " im not doing damage" ... May or may not be related to this..Not sure what the relation is. Attacking even outside the range? You can swing your weapon any time as far as I know. I meant, if your hit% has been debuffed enough (to zero?), can you miss barrels?

noobmigo
08-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Wowzers!

Haha, you should see level 20 twinking.

You can get a dex-bear's damage to -10 or -30 or something of the sort. :o

Does that ACTUALLY do negative damage, or...?

Ellyidol
08-18-2011, 08:37 PM
I meant, if your hit% has been debuffed enough (to zero?), can you miss barrels?

I've missed barrels before, so it may be possible.

Wowzers!

Haha, you should see level 20 twinking.

You can get a dex-bear's damage to -10 or -30 or something of the sort. :o

Does that ACTUALLY do negative damage, or...?

Yeah I remember that! I don't know though. On paper it would mean negative damage = no damage, but I don't know if there's minimum damage in PvP.

Zeus
08-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Lance Break Armor Proc does in fact stack. It's a rumor that it doesn't. How do I know? Personal testing.

Yeah, Elly. I thought bears knew this was the reason why they were missing? It's why I run so much from birds, lol. That blind shot from the bow is just way too frequent. Something needs to be done about it. With it, birds are really a formidable force, more so than they should be.

Ellyidol
08-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Yeah, Elly. I thought bears knew this was the reason why they were missing? It's why I run so much from birds, lol. That blind shot from the bow is just way too frequent. Something needs to be done about it. With it, birds are really a formidable force, more so than they should be.

I never actually knew the reason :p

I knew that the Blind buff was there, so I was under the impression that -30 debuff + dodge of the bird was hard enough already, little did I know that the blind from recurves actually stacked.

Yeah, any decent bird can really just stand still to win actually. Blind - Repulse - Roots and kill, assuming no dodges.

Zeus
08-18-2011, 08:46 PM
I never actually knew the reason :p

I knew that the Blind buff was there, so I was under the impression that -30 debuff + dodge of the bird was hard enough already, little did I know that the blind from recurves actually stacked.

Yeah, any decent bird can really just stand still to win actually. Blind - Repulse - Roots and kill, assuming no dodges.

Yeah, it's why I turned to the hit percent bear I was showing to you the other day. Custom bear works too, but it's risky. The only downfall of the hit percent bear is slightly lower armor, STILL not enough hit percent, and slow h/s. The dodge is manageable, but it definitely isn't dodging 60 percent of the time like it should.

Ellyidol
08-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Yeah, it's why I turned to the hit percent bear I was showing to you the other day. Custom bear works too, but it's risky. The only downfall of the hit percent bear is slightly lower armor, STILL not enough hit percent, and slow h/s. The dodge is manageable, but it definitely isn't dodging 60 percent of the time like it should.

Yeah I remember :)

My Hit % isn't that bad now, 93%. It used to be 96% with my previous set up which seemed to hit way more often, weird.

I'm finding Custom to actually be better than my fort in terms of birds. Sometimes.

Register
08-18-2011, 09:10 PM
At level 5 pvp earlier, i sa somebody whos armor went down to to negatives from a weakness proc....LOL?...

Ellyidol
08-18-2011, 09:27 PM
At level 5 pvp earlier, i sa somebody whos armor went down to to negatives from a weakness proc....LOL?...

Well, yeah, cause it's level 5 :p