PDA

View Full Version : Kite like a noob.

Aftermath
08-17-2011, 06:59 AM
Well, just recently I was kicked from a pvp game because I "kite like a noob". No, it's not that I failed at kiting or kept missing the target. Quite the contrary, I kept killing a player through kiting (me bird him bear) so much that he managed to kick me next game with the reason: kite like a noob. So I'm left wondering...is it really my fault that I try to stay out of a bear's range and repel his beckon? Or is kiting really considered a noob tactic.

Btw, I'm also curious to how that player managed to boot me...the game was not made by him, and I joined the game many rounds before he did.

Ellyidol
08-17-2011, 07:05 AM
Definitely not your fault! And I'm saying this as a bear, there's nothing wrong with kiting!

Would you believe, I've also been accused for kiting as a melee bear? Is that even possible? :p

About the booting thing. My theory, the host leaves the game, the next game is hostless, the game after that makes whoever joins a team first the host. Just a guess, since I've done it before and seen it happen.

Kiting is a skill, so it shouldn't be your fault to have skill.

JaytB
08-17-2011, 07:14 AM
I agree with Elly. Kiting effectively takes some skill IMO The guy just booted you because he got frustrated he couldn't kill you, I think :)

Coltona
08-17-2011, 08:08 AM
Yep total noob behavior if you ask me. I'd have PMed him something nice like.."You're a butthead noob!!"...lol but that's me. :)

---
- Sent from my mobile iDevice using Tapatalk

Register
08-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Not yo fault at all.. That guys just noob. But if I were you, I would have given him a break lol. Like fight him once with no kiting. At least to see if you can win. Haha...I fail at kiting so much....I fought a str bear and we just stood mashed into the wall spamming skills....of course, I lost xD

EDIT: as for the booting thing,I think its when the host leaves, the game has no valid host and its the first person to join a team. I joined a friends pvp game (which had no host) and the game ended pretty soon. Then I spammed my screen to join team red and all of a sudden, I was host.

Protank
08-17-2011, 09:00 AM
I prokite when I'm on my bird or Mage at low lvls. I even kite ur azz if my 16 dexbear is fighting ur 20+ dex bear. equip Assassons xbow and juke ur he'll scream gets em almost everytime ;)

razerfingers
08-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Can someone tell me how to kite? I wanna learn

Zerious
08-17-2011, 11:58 AM
in 1v1, kiting and juking are tactics that not everyone is adept with, in other words it takes practice. Running on the other hand.... >.>

in FFA, it's anything goes :D

Protank
08-17-2011, 12:06 PM
what race, class & level r u? I can giv u som tips

but in a nutshell it's using ur range and his range against him ;) I ca it juking or avoiding some call it running away all depending on what tactics u need to use to defeat ur opponent

Zerious
08-17-2011, 12:16 PM

but in a nutshell it's using ur range and his range against him ;) I call it juking or avoiding some call it running away all depending on what tactics u need to use to defeat ur opponent

juking is retreating right as the opponent begins their combo, then rushing in close to unleash yours while they have little or no skills to use. takes a TON of practice.

running is simply avoiding your opponent by all means. Usually to waste their buffs. This i personally can't tolerate.

kiting is coasting off of the range of your auto attack to remain a safe distance from your opponent's skills/auto attack. There is also skill kiting which is commonly used with warbirds and sometimes pallies, where you use only your skills to attack and keep a distance from your opponent.

this is what i've learned a while back anyways >.>

Zaltiar
08-17-2011, 12:30 PM
They be jealous of our kiting skills. must hurt to get killed by a "noob" doesn't it :P

Zerious
08-17-2011, 12:38 PM
They be jealous of our kiting skills. must hurt to get killed by a "noob" doesn't it :P

my thoughts exactly :D

Conradin
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Check out my pvp ettiquit guide in pvp forums for some help on terms.

razerfingers
08-17-2011, 12:46 PM

but in a nutshell it's using ur range and his range against him ;) I ca it juking or avoiding some call it running away all depending on what tactics u need to use to defeat ur opponent
A lvl 54 bird with lvl 51 drainers im saving for fortified for bear so im not buying any gear unless i actually need it

Zerious
08-17-2011, 12:47 PM
A lvl 54 bird with lvl 51 drainers im saving for fortified for bear so im not buying any gear unless i actually need it

pssst.... get 53 drainers :D

razerfingers
08-17-2011, 12:59 PM

pssst.... get 53 drainers :D
=O good idea haha imma go to cs now lmao

Battlelock
08-17-2011, 01:04 PM
Juking, running, kiting, anyway you look at it, a win is a win. I don't pvp in this game but have for years in other mmorpgs.
You duel to win, not to feel sorry for the opponent!

razerfingers
08-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Fail no lvl 53 drainers in cs....

Register
08-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Lol I remember somebody who kept running to kill out my buff...then he puts on his and I run xD Then he has a spazz attack and gets all mad..

LADYHADASSA
08-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Tell it like it is ZER!!! Runners are indeed the o es who make peeps mad, seriousley, why even pvp at all?

Juking is a skill of timing, and yes kiting, who in their right mind is going to take on a bear beckon stomp combo and just stand there exceot of course another tank...

From what i can see players who loose use "your a noob" or you kited or u ran as you stand in the same spot u started, my all time fav.. You had help or you guys 2 or 3 v1 while the other players are just doing their own thing..

I was booted last night from a game because i refused to answer a player who wanted to bring his 35 voodo mage to vs my 26, the player was being ignorant and the well i coul whoop ur a** with my 35!!! Rofl welll duh yeah....

Dont let these peeps bother you its simple jealousy and poor sportsmanship

StompArtist
08-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Sorry aftermath. I just stole your thread's title and entered the t-shirt contest with it. :P

Zerious
08-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Tell it like it is ZER!!! Runners are indeed the o es who make peeps mad, seriousley, why even pvp at all?

Juking is a skill of timing, and yes kiting, who in their right mind is going to take on a bear beckon stomp combo and just stand there exceot of course another tank...

From what i can see players who loose use "your a noob" or you kited or u ran as you stand in the same spot u started, my all time fav.. You had help or you guys 2 or 3 v1 while the other players are just doing their own thing..

I was booted last night from a game because i refused to answer a player who wanted to bring his 35 voodo mage to vs my 26, the player was being ignorant and the well i coul whoop ur a** with my 35!!! Rofl welll duh yeah....

Dont let these peeps bother you its simple jealousy and poor sportsmanship

in this game, it's "keep your enemies close, your friends closer... in case of rushers"

Grimtigrex
08-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Im a bird and I had no idea what any of this was . Very sad .

AdinoEznite
08-17-2011, 02:27 PM
juking is retreating right as the opponent begins their combo, then rushing in close to unleash yours while they have little or no skills to use. takes a TON of practice.

I think juking also includes using obstacles to block skills as people start their combo (ex trees or corners)

exactly!

cmangalos
08-17-2011, 02:41 PM
kiting is good, the best for me, for level 10 - 20 pvp, it was dominated bt bears simply by talons or snowguns, same builds, same platinum or twink items, so the luck of crit and hit is the key, (but not at all) timing still the best, if i one vs one with a player, kiting using xbow gives me 1/2 hp left which is very awesome

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Zerious
08-17-2011, 03:45 PM
I think juking also includes using obstacles to block skills as people start their combo (ex trees or corners)
believe that's called tree-hugging and corner-blocking. Some get annoyed by it, but i'd only do this in an FFA

Zeus
08-17-2011, 03:50 PM
If you have a rose wand, it doesn't turn into a game of luck. It turns into a game of having God on your side. :D. Juking is by all means fine by me. Running for health for more than 2 seconds or buffs is not.

Zerious
08-17-2011, 03:54 PM
If you have a rose wand, it doesn't turn into a game of luck. It turns into a game of having God on your side. :D. Juking is by all means fine by me. Running for health for more than 2 seconds or buffs is not.

no that's the devil on your side... God's on your side if you "crush" your opponent.... *hint hint* he "crushes" evil? :D

Aftermath
08-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Sorry aftermath. I just stole your thread's title and entered the t-shirt contest with it. :P
I claim copyright. Expect a full team of lawyers at your doorstep tommorow.

Good to know it wasnt my fault :)

xbabybugszx
08-18-2011, 11:11 AM
I personally hate kiters. You kan call it kiting/juking or wutever. I hate them. No offence. I did 35 voodoo pvp with voodoo wand set but then quit because of all the kiters.-.-
I love to pvp so i have a lvl26 warbird IGN onyxbird
And a lvl26 dexbear IGN xsipox
I love to pvp in this level because there a rarely any kiters. I like a str8 up fight. Not a running fight

Zerious
08-18-2011, 11:09 PM
running is what's intolerable. But kiting, and especially juking, takes time to get the hang of. Once you get the hag of it, it's really fun. I know many players who hate this, but kiting and juking have been around forever, and there's nothing wrong with it either. Once you learn, it's all about predicting what your opponent is gonna do, then acting to counter it. This is PL, not runescape XD

OrFeAsGr
09-30-2011, 06:51 AM
Some guys realy think that we kite because we'll lose if we dont!!The most times i prove them thats not right

Navygreen
09-30-2011, 07:06 AM
Aww I like kiting. :) Well, I don't PvP but its fun doing bosses lol! Ahhhh soooo many rules in PvP. Seems like you can't do anything lol. I don't know if i'll ever make it. :chargrined:

magenesss
10-01-2011, 03:27 PM
What if the player runs during ffa because his or her buffs were on cooldown? Someone thought I was running to make his buffs run out but I really was waiting for my buffs.

Cytokinesis
10-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Someone thought I was running to make his buffs run out but I really was waiting for my buffs.
lol in that situation i usually do kamikaze ;)