PDA

View Full Version : HP Movie Marathon- crazy? I think not.

Conradin
08-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Me and 4 friends are going to have a Harry Potter Movie marathon when the last movie comes out on DVD in September. I have to help plan- so here it goes. Were getting our geek on for 48 hours :)

Length:

We will do 4 movies the first day, sleep, and do 4 movies the next. Also we will take breaks throughoutthe days.

Day 1 Movies 1-4 takes 10 hours and 20 minutes.

Day 2 Movies 5-8 takes 9 hours and 20 minutes.

Activites:

Will include: a best costume contest, Harry potter scene it, a game of quidditch and Lots of feasts.

Food:

This is the most important part, as I love food. To watch 19 hours and 40 minutes of movies in 48 hours, with time to sleep+eat and time for activities will be grueling. Do we must stay hydrated and full of good foods

Meat pies, treacle tart, chocolate frogs, Bertie bots (regular jelly beans will do), butterbeer, pumpkin juice (fanta will suffice) chicken, puddings, corn flakes and much more will be on the table. If you have any more ideas please say. Pugh and lotsa Harry snacks.

I am most excited about the food.

Costumes:

We figured if we were going to go all nerdy and do a marathon, we would need to wear costumes. I'm not sure who I'll be yet, but robes, owls, wand and all sorts of thing will be present. There will be a costume contest.

Sleep:

Sleep=Good!!! We will try to get 8+ hours of sleep. So let's just say 10. 19 3/4 hours plus 10 for sleeping each day makes about 40 hours out of 48. Lol hahaha

Decorations:

We will deck out the TV area in Harry potter fashion- and maybe make girls and boys dorms for sleeping- maybe I'll through In a sortig hat and a tape recorder...

Ad Thats all, so far. If you have anything to say, don't troll or flame- and no were not nerds- Harry Potter is just super chill...

Zaltiar
08-17-2011, 02:42 PM
ohh shoot bro, wish I coulda joined you for the Marathon. Its great to see how different everyone looks from the 1st movie to the last lol.
I remember I watched 1 through to 6 or 7 in a day before the newer movies came out haha totally worth it!
Kinda sucks there'll be no more movies though :(

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

SUPAPRODIGY
08-17-2011, 03:00 PM
Yeah im kind of bump it finished
Wish i could join i'll just watch them myself

Conradin
08-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Yea- I'm bummed aswell Supa

SUPAPRODIGY
08-17-2011, 08:09 PM
They killed the ending i wish they could fix the ending 19 years later is too much theres should be more to the series but the lady that wrote the books is too lazy :eek:

Survivorfan
08-17-2011, 08:12 PM
I am also very bummed and Conradin, great idea, wish I had time to do this with my rl friends but can with football and all. Sounds like so much fun, you and your friends have a great time :)

Arterra
08-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Liquorish wands. Actual candy from HP, you better like it lol.
Please take photos of these planned decorations, and this "pumpkin pastry" you make lol

Conradin
08-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Arty I'll send ya a bunch :)

Arterra
08-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Arty I'll send ya a bunch :)

Lol trade you for my upcoming movie premier: the hard life of the Sea Lion.
Should be around 10 minutes of fur seals doing just about nothing lol

Conradin
08-17-2011, 09:28 PM
Hahaha that's cool

SUPAPRODIGY
08-17-2011, 09:36 PM
Wow

Otukura
08-17-2011, 09:37 PM
Have you seen Stanford's Quidditch team?

Conradin
08-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Yea I saw it- that's cool.