PDA

View Full Version : Steampunk campaign?

Kingofthebear
06-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Before I begin, let me just say I'm not one of those people who goes nuts for this type of stuff.

I was wondering what type of theme we could have after alien oasis. We've done the forest, castle, arctic, swamps, desert. After we go inside the pyramids it might be cool to introduce more of a fantasy element into the usual forest/animal theme. Of course I think it's important to maintain the sword-and-sandals elements, and so steampunk might be a worthwhile middle ground. We don't need bears running around with lasers, machine guns, and bazookas, but perhaps a musket could be a fun entry.

Just throwing that out there :) Another idea could be ancient china (samurai armor and katanas FTW!!)

King Richie
06-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Yeah i love the MMo's that allow many different styles of ranged weapons including the generic bow and arrow to the pistol and musket but they keep it balanced by giving them about +25% damage but a much slower fire rate MUCH slower.. and this adds a new varient to the game which is always great for MMo's

Good post dude !

Kingofthebear
06-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Ok I'm going to salvage this thread from certain fail. This thread is now about Ancient China!

Ninja's as mobs, dragon's as bosses, geisha robes for mages, katanas for bears, and...well I guess archers still use crossbows and bows lol

Maps can be in the hills, or with traditional chinese architecture.

Dizko
06-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Ok I'm going to salvage this thread from certain fail. This thread is now about Ancient China!

Ninja's as mobs, dragon's as bosses, geisha robes for mages, katanas for bears, and...well I guess archers still use crossbows and bows lol

Maps can be in the hills, or with traditional chinese architecture.

Love it.

The Dev's have said they have mapped out to lvl 100, but have no reason to stop.

Kirei
06-17-2010, 11:52 PM
dood not in the hills, make it so you have to fight along the top of the great wall

flaimdude
06-18-2010, 11:07 AM
<3 Steampunk. Those are both brilliant ideas! :D

Kingofthebear
06-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Oop, new idea: talons are out, shurikens are in.

Cascade
06-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Wow I love this idea. Excellent KOTB.

Kurlz
08-03-2010, 10:40 PM
SHURIKENS!!! amazing idea! lol...i love it...

gray
12-03-2010, 02:42 AM
I wanna see some new maps soon, hopefully ninja stuff, yeah. But I also want to see some more additions, pets, guilds, more hats, like maybe some ninja cowls, and some afros and random crap like that. Too many characters look the same, there should be more character customization, such as weight, height, like an obese midget bear with snarling jowls, and bloody claws and a chunk missing out of his ear. Just brainstorming here, and ill be posting more of my ideas around, hopefully they wont sound too retarded....now that i notice, this is not the right area to be posting all of these ideas...oh well, already typed it all out.

Pharcyde
12-03-2010, 10:29 PM
I have three cool gear ideas for high levels.

A high level rugged desert bandit gear.
A high level wacky loopy dreamland gear.
And a high level Dark power armor.

Now if only I could draw... All of Pocket Legends would see the epic gear ideas I have in my head :D

EricB
12-03-2010, 10:49 PM
If by Dark power armor you mean something that may look like that (http://www.trendsnow.net/2010/11/12-generals.html/01-3), I agree!

Pharcyde
12-03-2010, 10:55 PM
If by Dark power armor you mean something that may look like that (http://www.trendsnow.net/2010/11/12-generals.html/01-3), I agree!

lmao exactly on the lines of that. It would have a glowing blue mist coming out of it like the keeper staff has the black mist.