PDA

View Full Version : PL when is new lvls coming?

ScarecrowWolf
08-18-2011, 02:56 AM
There's really nothing to motivate me at this point to lvl. Once I get to 56, the game is pretty much over. When are new lvls coming out? I thought they were supposed to be released all ready. Also there should be a bigger variety of weapons out there. For instance, when I got to lvl 52 I was stoked to get a new bow. Come to find out there wasnt one. Then, I got to 53 and the bows are pretty much the same as 51 with maybe 5-10 more damage.
Idk I think im just getting depressed. Are there any fun players out there that actually play the game instead of play half way through a level and then just leave unexpectedly? Players who actually talk?

Maybe I just have no life.

Slush
08-18-2011, 03:44 AM
You really can't say something like that when you're 3 levels under the cap. But my guess is 4-6 weeks.

Formora
08-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Get to 55 at least, so you'll be ready for expansion. Plus you'll have access to pink sets at 55. Sparkles... Green sparkles!

Fatpigwarrior
08-18-2011, 04:42 AM
I'm trying for 56 (ugh I don't think I'll make it)
So far 27.5k exp
If you wanna join in runs to level to 55 or 56 feel free, and yeah shortage of equips....

Kakatoa91
08-18-2011, 05:00 AM
Ive done farming, bored aswell and not feelin interested into lvlin my alternates to 56.
Weirdly I found less team for full run.
Put some cash aside in preparation for the maps anyway.

Im playin SL, drops r the same as in sewers lol... only yellow, green and some purp...
Really cant wait for new maps on PL.

Formora
08-18-2011, 05:47 AM
To be honest I find sewer gear boring as well. I miss AO3 pinks. All the void/rift/cosmos looked unique.. Hopefully the new gear will look awesome.

CrimsonTider
08-18-2011, 07:04 AM
First off, hitting 55 will open the door to sets and bonuses which give you the gear you will need once cap raises. Second the xp amount needed to gain a level only increases. If this discourages you, it only gets worse.

Last, if you are entering games where people leave in mid map, one of two things are occuring: quests or speed lvling. Ask when you enter a game to find out the purpose of their run. Also, run with friends, make alts or twinks, learn pvp..... tons to do.

Hope this helps! :)

Ixillicus
08-18-2011, 07:14 AM
I hope the new maps come soon, but it sounds like you still have some stuff to do before you're ready for the new maps.

Econodeath
08-18-2011, 09:12 AM
While I am only at level 51 on my highest character I would like to address your mention of half playing and not talking. As for people that half play I find that they are on xp runs only which can be a pain, but it happens. I have done it as well. As for in game chat well thats a hard one. Unless you come across some pretty fun people and there are plenty out there most don't. I have found that if I get in with a great set of players that actually play their roles they chat alot and welcome new people. I don't like spamming freind requests, but as of late I have made a lot more. People see that I know my character and enjoy joking and playing. Most of my deaths are due to playing at lower levels with people that just won't play their characters. One bear actually told me (I won't mention names) that he didn't want to go ahead because what if he dies. I revive if I can't heal in time. Most of the time I will agro with spells and use magic shield to prevent deaths taking them on myself. Trust me with out going on and on there are great people to play with in this game. Hook up with me if you see me on. We will have a blast! Same member name as in game name. I always tell people if I am only on for a few minutes so people don't think I don't wanna finish maps and leave them to die. Hope to see you round and don't quit. People that like to joke and chat are the reason I love this game. Ever try to kill a boss by farting on him.
I had a whole pary doing it laughing!!!

P.S. Just a thought if your looking for leveling I am way under you so that won't help you.
If you just want fun Im your mage lol

XghostzX
08-18-2011, 09:35 AM
While I am only at level 51 on my highest character I would like to address your mention of half playing and not talking. As for people that half play I find that they are on xp runs only which can be a pain, but it happens. I have done it as well. As for in game chat well thats a hard one. Unless you come across some pretty fun people and there are plenty out there most don't. I have found that if I get in with a great set of players that actually play their roles they chat alot and welcome new people. I don't like spamming freind requests, but as of late I have made a lot more. People see that I know my character and enjoy joking and playing. Most of my deaths are due to playing at lower levels with people that just won't play their characters. One bear actually told me (I won't mention names) that he didn't want to go ahead because what if he dies. I revive if I can't heal in time. Most of the time I will agro with spells and use magic shield to prevent deaths taking them on myself. Trust me with out going on and on there are great people to play with in this game. Hook up with me if you see me on. We will have a blast! Same member name as in game name. I always tell people if I am only on for a few minutes so people don't think I don't wanna finish maps and leave them to die. Hope to see you round and don't quit. People that like to joke and chat are the reason I love this game. Ever try to kill a boss by farting on him.
I had a whole pary doing it laughing!!!

P.S. Just a thought if your looking for leveling I am way under you so that won't help you.
If you just want fun Im your mage lol This is a game, not a dating website:p haha just kidding... There's always more stuff you can do, twinking PvP, ctf, quests, and just going through the levels for fun. A really good point that crimson tider made was that if getting a higher amount of exp discourages you the game gets worse. Think of it as, "awesome, more runs i get to do." Something like that. Just try to enjoy each set of levels that come out, guarentee you the new maps will be out before you know it.

Kraze
08-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Ok so I'm gonna be that guy.... Until you multiple alts at cap (a lot have 3 some have 4 and a few have 5) you have plenty you can do. Personally as an iOS player I want 3-4 weeks of sl before I have to get back to pl. I would like to take my time and enjoy this awesome new game I've only read about.

superglut2
08-18-2011, 09:56 AM
i dont talk, but yes im bored of pl too, i just try to force mysekd to play cause i want another lvl 50

Jedispartan
08-18-2011, 10:46 AM
i dont talk, but yes im bored of pl too, i just try to force mysekd to play cause i want another lvl 50

Same... Right now I have a lvl 56 bear and a 55 bird. It is slow getting to the point of no return...jk. Now I'm workin on my Mage which is now 34. But for me pl is slowly losing it's spark. So I'm looking forward to this update and sl for apple.

AmongDemons
08-18-2011, 11:12 AM
If you're not atleast lvl 55, you have no grounds to complain or rant or whatever you wish to classify your post, being as you have not even finished the game.. There is no need for new weapons at every single level and as far as people leaving, it probably has to do with the fact that you are not lvl 55? Since most 55+ despise running with lower levels.

In the end if you really are so inevitably bored make an alt... For instance I have 6 and make a new one almost every other day, all of which are stacked with the best gear available for their lvl range ;)

It's been posted many a times by numerous people as to when the update will release. Kids just need to chill out and quit being annoying on the topic, lol. The answer is SOON now deal with it, plus if you're not lvl 55+, the update will be irrelivent to you and vice versa ;P

Kraze
08-18-2011, 11:22 AM
If you're not atleast lvl 55, you have no grounds to complain or rant or whatever you wish to classify your post, being as you have not even finished the game.. There is no need for new weapons at every single level and as far as people leaving, it probably has to do with the fact that you are not lvl 55? Since most 55+ despise running with lower levels.

In the end if you really are so inevitably bored make an alt... For instance I have 6 and make a new one almost every other day, all of which are stacked with the best gear available for their lvl range ;)

It's been posted many a times by numerous people as to when the update will release. Kids just need to chill out and quit being annoying on the topic, lol. The answer is SOON now deal with it, plus if you're not lvl 55+, the update will be irrelivent to you and vice versa ;P
^^ this I can already see the threads now "I was booted for reason 56+ only and I'm angry"

nazgulking
08-18-2011, 01:07 PM
STS didn't even submit the update to Apple. When STS will do it add 2 more weeks and you know when the new levels will come :)

Chant
08-18-2011, 02:47 PM
For a player like myself who have truly enjoyed and been addicted to this game, I'm bored of PL. IMO, it seems like STS have forgotten PL as the game that launched them to proceed releasing SL. How thrilling it is to have no updates for months, no new gears, no new vanity items, and being stuck with plats that was meant for SL. Why not release another campaign where players can level from 48-56? You can level from 43-52 in AO3 and Caves then your stuck in the sewers until your 56. Honestly, some Cave maps are harder than Sewers, yet no XP can be gained after 52. Is STS under staffed because of SL? Hopefully not!!! Devs, you might gain new players but please don't lose your old ones. The friends I've met in game is the only reason I still log back in. Since I played PL when it started, this the longest waiting period for a new campaign.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-18-2011, 02:54 PM
For a player like myself who have truly enjoyed and been addicted to this game, I'm bored of PL. IMO, it seems like STS have forgotten PL as the game that launched them to proceed releasing SL. How thrilling it is to have no updates for months, no new gears, no new vanity items, and being stuck with plats that was meant for SL. Why not release another campaign where players can level from 48-56? You can level from 43-52 in AO3 and Caves then your stuck in the sewers until your 56. Honestly, some Cave maps are harder than Sewers, yet no XP can be gained after 52. Is STS under staffed because of SL? Hopefully not!!! Devs, you might gain new players but please don't lose your old ones. The friends I've met in game is the only reason I still log back in. Since I played PL when it started, this the longest waiting period for a new campaign.

I know how u feel im tired of waiting too

Conradin
08-18-2011, 03:15 PM

Actually they began working on B* long before PL, but due to cuts, they couldnt make the game. There is 20+ devs, they are waiting until apple delivers SL, to put in MM&B. Plus ive been here 16 months and im not completely bored yet- so no talk. jk but anyways i agree, Lvl to the cap first and then see how bored you are.

Chant
08-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Actually they began working on B* long before PL, but due to cuts, they couldnt make the game.
I know that they started working with SL first, but do keep in mind that if PL players like ourselves didn't make this game successful, they would never proceed to release another game.

Lvl to the cap first and then see how bored you are.

hmmhm FOUR 56 isn't enough??? :) And I'm not a plat potter except for my fourth 56 (last 15k xp) to help Hotdream level before they change the xp from 83k to 8k. I've PVPed and Twinked. Nothing new there as well.

Back to SL for me :)

Conradin
08-18-2011, 07:45 PM
I know that they started working with SL first, but do keep in mind that if PL players like ourselves didn't make this game successful, they would never proceed to release another game.

hmmhm FOUR 56 isn't enough??? :) And I'm not a plat potter except for my fourth 56 (last 15k xp) to help Hotdream level before they change the xp from 83k to 8k. I've PVPed and Twinked. Nothing new there as well.

Back to SL for me :)

I was meaning for Scarewolf- sorry for the confussion

NYCFanMan
08-18-2011, 07:53 PM
How many levels and do we hav 2 buy it with plat or free?

Slush
08-18-2011, 10:43 PM
How many levels and do we hav 2 buy it with plat or free?

There will be 2 campaigns, one free and the other plat. The new cap will be 60, or 61 for the hardcore (like 56)