PDA

View Full Version : Browser-Based Star Legends?

Growwle
08-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Is there any news regarding browser-based versions of Spacetime games? Maybe a version that would run in say...Safari, or Firefox?

Tbird
08-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Star legends was originally going to be a browser based game, but then, as you can see, turned into a mobile mmorpg. Don't expect star legends to be browser based for quite some time

Ellyidol
08-18-2011, 09:22 PM
@T

I think you mean PC based game :p

I don't think they ever intended their games to run on browser (Facebook, firefox, chrome). But I do remember seeing the PC video clip though, dang awesome.

Arterra
08-18-2011, 09:47 PM
Lol the photo where it showed a iPhone, Droid, and laptop running it was fishy... The laptop one looked too much like on a iPad, leading me to think it was an emulator lol.
I think they replied that it wasn't, but I like my conspiracy theory. Actually plausible lol.

As for browser based versus client: love the idea. Might be ultimately harder for STS to modify it for firefox, safari, IE and chrome, but overall means better website/game integration.
Le me show you a small comic I found. Xkcd Ftw!
http://tapatalk.com/mu/9d64b922-cf22-347b.jpg

Tbird
08-18-2011, 09:58 PM
@T

I think you mean PC based game :p

I don't think they ever intended their games to run on browser (Facebook, firefox, chrome). But I do remember seeing the PC video clip though, dang awesome.

Oops, I did..thanks for the correction

Reggin
08-18-2011, 10:33 PM
Android emulator = winning!

Growwle
08-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Lol the photo where it showed a iPhone, Droid, and laptop running it was fishy... The laptop one looked too much like on a iPad, leading me to think it was an emulator lol.
I think they replied that it wasn't, but I like my conspiracy theory. Actually plausible lol.

As for browser based versus client: love the idea. Might be ultimately harder for STS to modify it for firefox, safari, IE and chrome, but overall means better website/game integration.
Le me show you a small comic I found. Xkcd Ftw!
http://tapatalk.com/mu/9d64b922-cf22-347b.jpg

I think most browsers support HTML 5 now, although I have no idea how that would work out, but it would be a way around the App store.