PDA

View Full Version : Beware of this griefer!

Ebalere
08-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Fatherpois, leader of galactic scholars, and I had a little chat today, Keep in mind I'm a guildmaster. This is how it went as best as i recall.

Fatherpois: wanna join a better guild?

Me: No, I'm in one.

Fatherpois: wanna join a better one?

Me: I'm a guildmaster of my guild.

Fatherpois: well KoC sucks.

Me: shut up man, who are you anyway?

Fatherpois: Better watch out, I have an inside man in your guild and he's an officer, he'll delete you members.

Me: wow, Griefing is perma-bannable you know. Reporting you now.

Fatherpois: (goes on about his inside man and how he's got guys in 4 other guilds ready to delete at his command)

Me: thats all I needed to read. Sending a nice long letter to support about you.

Fatherpois: hahahahaha try it. *disappears*

So, all GM's careful who you promote, this guy is serious trouble and I hope he gets banned as soon as devs read his chatlog, BUT UNTIL THEN, BE CAREFUL GUYS!

I know you new gm's want people in your guild, and there's not many people that aren't in one already, but taking members from other guilds is considered very distasteful. If someone leaves on their own accord, fine, but I've had a few newer guilds now try to recruit me when I'm clearly a Knight, and had many complaints from my members about verbal abuse and threats for not joining a certain guild.

In Beta everyone respected each other for the most part that respect has been lost. KoC is tied closely with the other beta guilds and we keep tabs on other guilds and their recruiting procedures, and it's rediculous how many people are dealing with the same thing.

I can deal with the poaching, as someone who is willing to leave KoC after everything we've done for them and walk off with our gear on their backs is NOT knight material, and we'd prefer they left anyway, but to be threatened to have your months of hard work flushed down the toilet because you won't join some random guild is DISGRACEFUL and hopefully these troublemakers are dealt with.

This is a warning to all GM's of respected guilds: WATCH WHO YOU PROMOTE because there are guilds dedicated to dissolving the others. Keep an eye on Fatherpois, he was one I never expected this from. Now I feel I can't trust anyone besides my officers and a few choice members. You never know who could be waiting to get promoted just to delete your members. Please fellow GMs, exercise caution when promoting.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: Removed a few comments said in the heat of the moment, it's only a few guilds that have been causing problems. And I don't mean pwnies, I already made peace with them.

Conradin
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Guild warfare- rotfl, well thanks for the heads-up. That's pretty serious blackmail for no really good reason?!?

Ebalere
08-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Yeah well, it really caught me by surprise that he would threaten that, but it's happened before. Griefing is getting out of control in star legends, my friend Kirko had his guild griefed by someone who admittedly did it for no reason, other than he "felt like it".

Conradin
08-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Maybe we need more positions in guilds? Like Leader, co-leader, general (only these 3 ranks can delete peoplefrom guild) then officer, member.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Its a shame make sure u get to know the person before u make them officers

octavos
08-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah well, it really caught me by surprise that he would threaten that, but it's happened before. Griefing is getting out of control in star legends, my friend Kirko had his guild griefed by someone who admittedly did it for no reason, other than he "felt like it".

This is what needs to happen, IMO
GM-can remove anyone and everyone from guild
Distinguished officers- can do same as gm, except not remove gm or officers
Just officers- can invite, but not remove from guild
members- yea, just members lol.

I believe this needs to happen and fast. :( thanks for the heads up.

Ebalere
08-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Yea Conradin, we really wish we could have more ranks so people still have a pecking order without having to risk losing your guild, but it seems it's not that high on Dev's priority list unfortunately.

Supa, this is my only saving grace, is that our officers are truly good friends and we screen members for 2 weeks before considering them for promotion, and after that they need to be voted in unanimously by me, Skavenger, and Mayhemmonkey. But all it takes is a real jerk with enough free time to gain our trust and we lose everything we worked so hard for. Like someone said in another thread, anything short of meeting the person face to face, isn't really enough to truly know how that person is. People hide behind their alts all the time, you never know who you could be talking to.

nazgulking
08-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Griefers are the new Scourge of the New Millenium

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jgNFZQ7dSow/TbFS8YWfJ8I/AAAAAAAABfU/q6w8HNik4O0/s1600/minecraft-in-real-life-irl-griefing-demotivational-poster.jpg

Uzikrabd
08-18-2011, 01:33 PM
Wow just do this demote all officers and have some friends to follow them if i had sl id gladly do it, oh and if you cant repromotet one at only at a time and make him madif they are delted you have your guy and an idiot who can be banned now :)

Oh and make it to guild leader delete only so no baby griefers who cant take competition

Lowlyspy
08-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Thanks very much for the warning eb. Oh how i miss the days of the closed beta when the guilds were all about respecting eachother, hopefully this guy gets dealt with swiftly.

Kraze
08-18-2011, 02:07 PM
Thanks very much for the warning eb. Oh how i miss the days of the closed beta when the guilds were all about respecting eachother, hopefully this guy gets dealt with swiftly.
Oh this is gonna get ugly if the beta players are already blaming the new players for causing all of the trouble what's going to happen when the iOS players get to join?

Lowlyspy
08-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Im not blaming all the new players, only some of them. Most the new players are a joy to run with. Im also not saying that there werent any problems during beta, just less. When the game went open beta then full release a lot more players got in the game, more players = more players out to ruin others fun

Ebalere
08-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Kraze, you'd have to be there to understand I think. I already said not all new guilds are like this, but I could name quite a few. In the Beta we were more personal and friendly, because it wasnt that many people. It was like a guild itself. But the sudden influx of immature guildmasters has become quite evident, and obvious to any that were here from the start.

I feel you took what we're saying way out of context, and I ask that you leave the apple/android quabble out of this. This is about people who feel that they don't have to answer to anyone doing whatever they please, and ruining the whole "community feel" this game had before. What gives Fatherpois the right to jump on SL and threaten me when I've been putting my everything into KoC? We never had "griefing" in Beta. Now it's here. That's all we're saying. We're not hating on the new people cuz theyre new.

Xaphan Fox
08-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Complaining about guild poaching is hilarious. 15 years of mmo's, and this is a new one lol. In old established games, any new guildie surely came from another guild. No one complains. A guild contacting and trying to attain members that are quality is an old old custom, not to mention smart. Take care of your own, and they wont leave. If they do, look at how your guild handles things, as they clearly were not fully satisfied and "grass is greener'd" another guild.

Deal with it.

Saying guilds respected each other moreso in beta than in launch is lunacy.

Of all the things to complain about in game, this isnt one of them.

Testament - Victory Engineer
Xaphan - Winner Commando
Entropy - Lowby Operative

Kraze
08-18-2011, 03:21 PM
I think what I said was taken out of context. Was not trolling or flaming anyone. I do not condone greifing. However there is a report feature for a reason posting igns isn't necessary. This is part of the growing pain process and it will not take long for the bad apples to be found and removed. As far as the you would have to be there point I could point to the fact that the begging issue in pl is something relatively new since the droid community was added. Is there a connection there? No that would be silly to imply that. As the numbers of players grows these things will happen. However a lot of the issues I'm seeing in these threads is in part due to guilds making anyone who requests the gig an officer. Now in this example this is clearly a random troll and I personally thank you for reporting them. However we have no way of knowing if this person was a beta player waiting for his moment or a new player.

Conradin
08-18-2011, 03:27 PM
I think what I said was taken out of context. Was not trolling or flaming anyone. I do not condone greifing. However there is a report feature for a reason posting igns isn't necessary. This is part of the growing pain process and it will not take long for the bad apples to be found and removed. As far as the you would have to be there point I could point to the fact that the begging issue in pl is something relatively new since the droid community was added. Is there a connection there? No that would be silly to imply that. As the numbers of players grows these things will happen. However a lot of the issues I'm seeing in these threads is in part due to guilds making anyone who requests the gig an officer. Now in this example this is clearly a random troll and I personally thank you for reporting them. However we have no way of knowing if this person was a beta player waiting for his moment or a new player.

I have seen multiple accounts (this thread is not one of them) where Beta players think they are better, or in a diffent lvl than other players, all becuase they had the right phone. I do believe there will be some more of this when apple joins in aswell (as I saw some of this in PL when droid joined)

Xaphan Fox
08-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Beta player, new player, played in old Everquest, top 1% word in World of Warcraft... everyone feels their skills are amazing and their particular circumstance gives them an edge. It's disgusting.

Don't matter. This game isn't hard and people are people. When pvp comes out, we will see who is really good and who isn't. When pvp comes out, and all of you enlightened, respectful, brotherly (laugh) beta guilds start engaging other players, I will be eating popcorn and enjoying the show as all of you start flaming and talking trash. Pvp gonna bring it out in you to some degree. So stop talking down to non-beta whatever players.

Makes you look like a XXXX.

Xaphan - Winner Commando

Lowlyspy
08-18-2011, 03:52 PM
When did we ever say anything about the beta players being better than any other players??? Ive read this thread over and over and nowhere did we ever say we were better in any way, shape, or form than the new players. Yall (excluding conradin) rlly are taking things out of context and trying to reverse the situation.

This thread was never made to try to tell people that beta players are better, it was made to warn all the GM's (both from beta and new) about a persons wrong-doing.

Ebalere
08-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Wow, this has ZIP ALL to do with apple/iOS users! I'm just a little disappointed in how badly SL has gotten so quickly with the way people act. I never said we (beta testers) were better and I've met alot of new people post-launch that are cool beans. I never asked to be put on a pedestal.

It's inevitable that there will be people like this, just makes me miss when everyone was cool with each other.

I said poaching I can deal with. The way Father went about it is completely rude. Other guilds have been recruiting out of my guild and I don't care, if my guildies like to take off with the 1000's of credits worth of gear we gave them, fine, I only want loyal members anyway. To tell a guildmaster his guild sucks and to join theirs is just plain rude, and to not stop and continue with threats of griefing is unacceptable in my books.

This isn't about recruiting out of other guilds, It's rude to do, but not bannable.

I posted his name because griefing is a serious issue and it could ruin the game for 100's if not 1000's of people, and this guy can do alot of damage before Support deals with him, if they even do. I've reported tons of lewd names and still see them running around blackstar cussing and trolling, so clearly support has their hands full.

I get the feeling some of you posters are here just to argue. What I did was a genuine attempt to protect my friends and their guilds, yes, even you, pwnies. I'd hate to see you guys lose all your members, even if a bunch of them are ex-KoC. Can you people who are protesting what I'm saying comprehend this? This isnt a "Beta players roolz apple sux" thread, so get over that quick. I'm simply stating that a little bit of respect goes a long way in everyones enjoyment of the game.

Kraze
08-18-2011, 04:03 PM
When did we ever say anything about the beta players being better than any other players??? Ive read this thread over and over and nowhere did we ever say we were better in any way, shape, or form than the new players. Yall (excluding conradin) rlly are taking things out of context and trying to reverse the situation.

This thread was never made to try to tell people that beta players are better, it was made to warn all the GM's (both from beta and new) about a persons wrong-doing.
If you can't see how your own post about missing the good old days of close beta may appear to imply that the problem is with the new players I don't know what else to tell you

Ebalere
08-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Beta player, new player, played in old Everquest, top 1% word in World of Warcraft... everyone feels their skills are amazing and their particular circumstance gives them an edge. It's disgusting.

Don't matter. This game isn't hard and people are people. When pvp comes out, we will see who is really good and who isn't. When pvp comes out, and all of you enlightened, respectful, brotherly (laugh) beta guilds start engaging other players, I will be eating popcorn and enjoying the show as all of you start flaming and talking trash. Pvp gonna bring it out in you to some degree. So stop talking down to non-beta whatever players.

Makes you look like a XXXX.

Xaphan - Winner Commando

You, my friend, have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. PvP is entirely different than PvE, and someone can be good at one and not the other. Doesnt make them less of a person. Physiologic, one of the best players of PL, doesn't PvP, and that doesnt mean he sucks, quite the opposite, in fact.

We are not talking down to non beta players, I'm saying as more people join, there will be more immature people just out to ruin everyone's fun. As for missing Beta, I DO miss it, because since the game opened up to everyone, I've been called names, told my guild sucks, had to sit in numa outpost and watch new guilds at each others throats cussing and calling each other down, THAT is what what bothers me. I never once said everyone post-launch is a troublemaker, I said that with the mass influx of people, it has brought out alot of immature people. I've never talked to you in my life Xaphan, and you don't know me from a hole in the ground, so dont talk to me like you do. You are putting words in my mouth and I don't appreciate it.

The world does not revolve around you and the Pwnies, contrary to your belief, and this thread is not directed at you or your guild in any way. Either take my warning of griefing and say thanks for lookin out, or GTFO of my thread. I don't want your trolling here.

Blind
08-18-2011, 04:36 PM
Damn i enjoy reading "diplomatic" forum fights...oh wait i'm blind, forget it.

Xaphan Fox
08-18-2011, 04:43 PM
LOL I only have what you say to go by.

Of course you should report that guy. I hate rude people. I hate that xbox live mentality. Ruins the online experience... but it prolly isnt going anywhere.

All I commented on was people complaining about guild poaching which is common in *every* mmo for the last 15 years+ since Ultima Online, and the mentality that beta was some kind of utopia. Like how some people envision the milk man times of the American 1920s etc... it never existed. That Leave It To Beaver, Dennis the Menace time never existed, and neither did your grandiose quality of average player in beta vs the influx of live players now.

I've heard these arguments ad nauseam. Calling you and others out for the obnoxious views of goings ons in this game isn't trolling, its standing against an attitude that is just as dangerous and harmful to the community as anything that guy you reported threatened.

I know your thread is about reporting and warning about that guy, but you still strayed off subject and said more than you probably intended. And here I am!

SPARKLE PUPPY DOG RAINBOW KISSES OF PONY POWER... ACTIVATION!!

*sparkles all over your face*

Xaphan - Winner Commando

***edit: Oh yeah, your pvp comment:

PVE in almost any MMO is easy, especially with time. It doesn't change. Its static. You learn it, and boom, your done. Farm to infinity.

PVP on the other hand requires skill... Period. You are fighting against an opponent you know nothing about who isn't scripted. Its dynamic.

My comment was meant to say, "It is amazing how everyone postures about who is good or bad, what guilds are good or bad, who does and doesnt have skill.., when the *actual* skill requiring part of the game isnt implemented yet."

Report and warn of a malicious player all you want. I love you for it. It needs to be done. People should care and nurture their own community. But the other stuff you said or implied needs to be put back in the closet and left to rot.

...woof

davidis57
08-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I knew that we would have problem guilds. Every mmorpg out there that has this feature have had problems with it. This is what happens when a game community has a immature players. Get used to it I guess.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20

Kraze
08-18-2011, 05:00 PM
I knew that we would have problem guilds. Every mmorpg out there that has this feature have had problems with it. This is what happens when a game community has a immature players. Get used to it I guess.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
Get use to it or carefully select your officers...

Xaphan Fox
08-18-2011, 05:14 PM
If 70% of the world's population has obnoxiously immature members, than it could be said that this microcosm of a larger population would share similar numbers.

Report who is reportable, don't invite/kick those who are undesirable, and ignore them. Wait till Xmas break, spring break, summer, etc... the 12yo xbox live'rs are coming!

morfic
08-18-2011, 06:18 PM
That is horrible. Any person who would set out to kick everyone from the guild via an intricate plot like that SHOULD be banned. However, i am about 99% sure this guy was just trolling you. I doubt he has any slaves working for him like that and was just trying to plant a seed of fear. At the same time, i think all active members would migrate back to ya even if it did happen.

I think it is very wrong, but also just silly.

Thank you for the.warning though, these things should definitely be taken seriously.

(I as well noticed the slight jabbin at pwnies, but didnt want to derail a good post)

WhoIsThis
08-18-2011, 06:23 PM
That is horrible. Any person who would set out to kick everyone from the guild via an intricate plot like that SHOULD be banned. However, i am about 99% sure this guy was just trolling you. I doubt he has any slaves working for him like that and was just trying to plant a seed of fear. At the same time, i think all active members would migrate back to ya even if it did happen.

Morfic, I don't know if this was a troll or not, but griefing does exist in the game.

Look:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?33920-Beware-of-Dashon-you-ve-been-warned!!&highlight=griefing

morfic
08-18-2011, 06:40 PM
Morfic, I don't know if this was a troll or not, but griefing does exist in the game.

Look:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?33920-Beware-of-Dashon-you-ve-been-warned!!&highlight=griefing

Not a troll. I know it happens, but i was just placing a bet that this guy inparticular did not have the resources he claims to have.

Ebalere
08-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Hmm, considering I've never seen him before, I'm willing to bet not either ,but you never know.. and threatening to greif me is ruining my play experience to a great degree, which is bannable as per ToS, and no different than threatening for gold (scam=ban).

Kraze
08-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Hmm, considering I've never seen him before, I'm willing to bet not either ,but you never know.. and threatening to greif me is ruining my play experience to a great degree, which is bannable as per ToS, and no different than threatening for gold (scam=ban).
But it's taboo to post igns of people scamming the whole two sides to every story thing. Same should go for attempted grief (not sure if that's a real term but sounds good).

skavenger216
08-18-2011, 08:54 PM
Imo, a threat of griefing should be viewed as seriously as the actual act of griefing.

WhoIsThis
08-18-2011, 11:46 PM
Not a troll. I know it happens, but i was just placing a bet that this guy inparticular did not have the resources he claims to have.

I wasn't accusing you, but the other person who could be either trolling or a real threat.

When someone threatens a guild like that, you can't afford to take chances.

This is the sort of thing that needs to be brought to attention right away.

JaytB
08-19-2011, 12:02 AM

I just found this thread. So this is why you made that last post on our forum, no?? LMAO :D

On topic, I don't think personal conversations like these should be posted on the forums. I can understand the need to warn the community, but anybody can post anything about anybody. These threads usually end in flame wars anyway. I'm sure devs will take care about it in the proper way :)

DJMdivine
08-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Ive been thinking about starting me a guild myself later down the road. Now that this information has came to me, its gonna be hard to trust anyone nowadays except for the trusting players youve been with and have really gotten to actually know for quite a bit of time. I might just end up joining a guild, but things like this really hit me hard and turns me into the opposite direction. Remember though guilds are new and as we play and improve over time guilds will to as there are still flaws all you can do is roll with the punches. Aswell as the guilds problem everyone seriously needs to chill to as since ive been away from time to time reading every other post I see people trying to basically deliberatly try to start wars with others for no reason at all. This is a community forum and we all need to respect eachother even if we dont want to. Thanks Ebalere for the heads up.

Kraze
08-19-2011, 12:56 AM

I just found this thread. So this is why you made that last post on our forum, no?? LMAO :D

On topic, I don't think personal conversations like these should be posted on the forums. I can understand the need to warn the community, but anybody can post anything about anybody. These threads usually end in flame wars anyway. I'm sure devs will take care about it in the proper way :)
This is the point I'm making far to easy to build threads like these and blackball someone. I'm not saying this is the case. I'm sure the op had the best intentions but support is there for a reason. No need to go vigalante.

Uzikrabd
08-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Oh and honestly thats why if i ever make a guild its going to be friends ive known for a while who i can trust and also id make a char. With all guild members as friends only very smart to do if grief happens

Raulur
08-25-2011, 05:43 AM
Been a lot of griefers floating around lately. Biggest sign is somebody that asks for officer rank within 15 minutes of joining. I'm not talking about lvl 4 chars either, I'm talking lvl 21 plus ppl doing this. Just say no to quick promotions.

WhoIsThis
08-25-2011, 06:15 AM
This is the point I'm making far to easy to build threads like these and blackball someone. I'm not saying this is the case. I'm sure the op had the best intentions but support is there for a reason. No need to go vigalante.

Gotta disagree with this one. I think that the OP probably did it to prevent another guild from turning this player into an officer. We don't know if they are actually griefing or just trying to troll (either way, this does violate the STS terms). If they are actually griefing, lets make sure that no other guild ever makes this player an officer.

At the very least, if you are a guildmaster and you are reading this, I urge you to blacklist this player and if he/she is in your guild, boot immediately. Griefing has become a very serious problem and all of your hard work can be turned into nothing in a very short period of time.

Kraze
08-25-2011, 10:14 AM
As I said the intention is most likely honest but there is no need for vigalantisism. We can't say for sure this didn't start because of some other issue. What's the old rule screenie or it didn't happen?

Ebalere
08-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Ok, I'm not the kind of person to put someone on blast and i know that i should have brought more proof, but even if my android was rooted i wouldn't have thought to take screenies till he got offensive anyway.

I'm not lying, I'm definately not trying to "blackball" someone for no reason. This definately happened how i wrote it, and If you choose to not believe me fine, but i am friends with alot of the guildmasters in SL and I'm gonna look out for them and I hope they'd do the same for me. I agree some people's IGN's should be left out ofb certain situations, but what this guy did was totally uncalled for and for him to try ruin my game experience and threaten me because I didn't want to join his guild is super lame of him and IMO he deserves to be blacklisted. People should know this guys name so they don't make a mistake and wake up tomorrow with their guild disappeared.

I understand everyone's concern about putting IGN's out for the world to see, but I promise you nothing happened previously to warrant this and I had never said one word to Fatherpois before this. If what I did was "taboo" i'm sorry, but I'd do it again in a flash because this guy needs a chin check. People like this don't deserve the opportunity to play this game if they carry themselves like that.

How else do you warn your fellow guildmasters of a serious troublemaker without naming names? Sometimes it just has to be done IMO. If he didnt want his name on blast in forums he should've thought about that before threatening me like that, forum etiquitte be damned.

Kraze
08-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Ok, I'm not the kind of person to put someone on blast and i know that i should have brought more proof, but even if my android was rooted i wouldn't have thought to take screenies till he got offensive anyway.

I'm not lying, I'm definately not trying to "blackball" someone for no reason. This definately happened how i wrote it, and If you choose to not believe me fine, but i am friends with alot of the guildmasters in SL and I'm gonna look out for them and I hope they'd do the same for me. I agree some people's IGN's should be left out ofb certain situations, but what this guy did was totally uncalled for and for him to try ruin my game experience and threaten me because I didn't want to join his guild is super lame of him and IMO he deserves to be blacklisted. People should know this guys name so they don't make a mistake and wake up tomorrow with their guild disappeared.

I understand everyone's concern about putting IGN's out for the world to see, but I promise you nothing happened previously to warrant this and I had never said one word to Fatherpois before this. If what I did was "taboo" i'm sorry, but I'd do it again in a flash because this guy needs a chin check. People like this don't deserve the opportunity to play this game if they carry themselves like that.

How else do you warn your fellow guildmasters of a serious troublemaker without naming names? Sometimes it just has to be done IMO. If he didnt want his name on blast in forums he should've thought about that before threatening me like that, forum etiquitte be damned.
Sigh.... Again not saying you made this up. Simply pointing out that there is zero reason to post this name in public. Your line about needing a chin check illustrates that this could be on cusp of being a vigalante mentality. If your original post had omitted the offending persons ign and simply added a line about other gms sending a pm if they want/need more information then the tone would be more of a warning. I stand by my opinion that these types of threads dropping names are far to open to abuse and should be avoided

Navygreen
08-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Ppl, it's called Diplomacy. There's good diplomats and bad ones.

I tend to believe that if you take care of your members and help them out when they need you, there will be no issues with people leaving you for another guild. And in the end, it's their choice. And a huge part of diplomacy is looking at who you're adding to the alliance/guild. If you're the master/leader and you have to make a decision, make it wisely. Don't think because someone speaks well and is "nice" to you that they're cool. Dont be surprised if you add someone down the line who's only intention was to spy on your procedures and your people and report it back to their 'real' guild. This happens in real life, too. And when the spies are found in real life, guess what happens? They're usually excecuted. And if not that, something bad happens to them.

Have you all ever heard of the facebook game Evony? Oh man, it gets NASTY in that game. That one game has the most crazy people playing. You never know who to trust because the bottom line is, everyone wants to win. Everyone wants to be the BEST. It's a game, so that's a given. So in the end, it's all up to you as the master to run your guild and to protect your interests. You have to understand that this is only one person out of potentially millions of people who will eventually have access to this feature and game. If one person has done it, it will happen again. And again. And again. It's a part of the genre of game that you play and it's a part of Diplomacy.

Although the guy didn't have to resort to threatening to delete your members, it's simply a threat. You take that, laugh at it, say yeah ok, thanks, and move on. If anything, it shouldn't make you mad, it should open your eyes to what you may expect down the line and to reorganize your guild so that you know who to trust and who not to trust.

Good luck!

EDIT: Although at this point it was just a threat, if he happens to somehow get your members kicked then I would consider it griefing. Anything other than that. he's being a troll and trying to scare you. Angry because he probably dosn't have very many loyal members. One thing i've learned is that you can very easily 'steal' members from another alliance/guild but don't think they'll be trustworthy or loyal. Don't be naive.

Navygreen
08-25-2011, 11:23 AM

Both :)

Navygreen
08-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Been a lot of griefers floating around lately. Biggest sign is somebody that asks for officer rank within 15 minutes of joining. I'm not talking about lvl 4 chars either, I'm talking lvl 21 plus ppl doing this. Just say no to quick promotions.

Sorry for the triple post but i'm still reading this whole thing. But I absolutely agree. Nobody should be asking for a high rank in the very beginning unless there's an agreement for this and/or they have done something to warrant that promotion. Members should have to prove themselves to the guild and more importantly, the upper officers and master before they can even think about asking for a promotion to a high rank. To come into a guild and you're a brand new member and already asking for a position is just silly. Spoiled kids. Make them work for it and prove that they're legit and down for the guild. If not then they can remain members or leave. Period. If you're smart in the beginning and stay organized, you will weed out the illegitimate players from the real people who want to be there and do the right things for the guild. Just watch and see..

cagethewicked
09-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Griefers omg . Its getting old and annoying. Get a life griefers

cagethewicked
09-07-2011, 02:09 PM
And 90% of people who get banned get a new email n come back n continue there crap.

Rawrimafish
12-01-2011, 01:50 PM
WOW, that happened in my guild Thanatos. This piece of poop came up and said he has a friend in my guild who i made officer (because guidl was new and needed more people) and he said he gunna tell his friend to delete everyone that was a member. and then he said do it now or else

Zraorizer
12-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I know fatherpois he was an officer from goon squad and deleted all members but did not see him ever since

Uzikrabd
12-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Lol this was dead but anyways thats why sts made recruiter rank now,use it! Lol

melancholy-storm
12-07-2011, 03:50 PM
I can deal with the poaching, as someone who is willing to leave KoC after everything we've done for them and walk off with our gear on their backs is NOT knight material, and we'd prefer they left anyway, but to be threatened to have your months of hard work flushed down the toilet because you won't join some random guild is DISGRACEFUL and hopefully these troublemakers are dealt with.

This is a warning to all GM's of respected guilds: WATCH WHO YOU PROMOTE because there are guilds dedicated to dissolving the others. Keep an eye on Fatherpois, he was one I never expected this from. Now I feel I can't trust anyone besides my officers and a few choice members. You never know who could be waiting to get promoted just to delete your members. Please fellow GMs, exercise caution when promoting.

Thanks for reading.

Farewell Neon Genesis... I'll never forget the good times we shared.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5871/photo3v.png

That's just dirty...