PDA

View Full Version : Needs a BETTER way to Identity fallen comrades!!!

DefynGravity
08-18-2011, 04:31 PM
I find myself fighting and not realizing my comrade is dead watching me wondering when I'm guna revive him. And IF I do know he's dead, its hella hard to actually find his corpse on the ground with ALL the creatures dead ontop of him or all the Enemies and people in General. The bar alone of his depleted health doesn't in fact help u find ur friend and I use map but still makes it difficult with the map swarming with enemies and allies.

---- I suggest this ----

The fallen party party member will have an Outlining GLOW of a (Reddish Color) on him or her: So that He or she is Noticeable To the ENGINEER on where to Revive at.

Now this option could be only SEEN by an Engineer or it could be Seen by The entire Squad. I think this would be agreed upon most Engineers out there who know this dilemma :D

shinchin
08-18-2011, 04:36 PM
That's a good idea.:)

Arterra
08-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Engineers or mages, I am a support character and I approve this message. I hate looking nooby by just walking past fallen bird/operative xD

Kakatoa91
08-18-2011, 05:15 PM
Yes hard to c or pinpoint sometimes.
Its not uncommon to c people dying and flying around all over after explosion, mobs skill.

Instead of a glow why not a lil flashing skull over the dead body?

But then, not sure if more help needed.
The game is not that hard... maybe getting too much assistance is not good too.
Lets not make things more easy than it is.

Roc
08-18-2011, 05:18 PM
I know that I always keep the map open when I play, maybe a fallen comrade's arrow could change color or flash (then again that would make three different colors on screen, one for friends, non-friends, and dead characters...)

drewcapu
08-18-2011, 05:26 PM
I'd fully support a floor to sky aura (or anything easily seen) similar to NPCs with open/fulfillable quests.

Red seems like a good color to use for this purpose (unless it's hard to see in the particular environment?)

Flowman
08-18-2011, 05:40 PM
uh he's the guy on the minimap who's not moving.

But the red glow around the body is a good idea.

Arterra
08-18-2011, 07:29 PM
uh he's the guy on the minimap who's not moving.

But the red glow around the body is a good idea.

Lol sometimes the minimap is just as confusing, especially if it blends a Little too well with floor.

But I like the idea of it flashing on the minimap. It's the least intrusive way to alert all party members.

bronislav84
08-18-2011, 09:11 PM
I approve of this thread. That is all. :)

n00b13st
08-19-2011, 06:23 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. The map and minimap get far too busy sometimes in the heat of combat and seconds count in a tough fight. I play on a tablet and still have had to rev multiple times because I couldn't see quickly enough where the dead teammate was.

Torrentula81
08-19-2011, 09:08 PM
I would like to see a auto revive. A couple of times I will click revive only to find they were out of range. So auto revive would fix that problem. I dont have time to hunt down bodies and keep myself alive.

If I dont see their body after asking for revive amd already wasting a revive or two, well your walkiing back.

DefynGravity
08-27-2011, 06:07 PM
I hope they add this function

peacemaster
08-28-2011, 03:29 AM
yea a red aura would be nice

Ellyidol
08-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Lol, I sometimes find it hard to even distinguish a living comrade because of all the common weapons and stuff. 0.0

nazgulking
08-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Actually a method similar to how works in PL (esclamation mark near the name in the players list) should do the trick :)

thequickone
08-31-2011, 12:43 AM
The point is, we life re-givers need to be able to see where you have fallen and get to you for the res. In my experience, the fallen comrade is easy to spot about 3 times out of 4, or so. However, that 1 time out of 4 that the comrade has been blasted across the @#!$% map or died in a bush (happened to one of my comrades last night...wouldn't have been able to find the poor sap were it not for the name floating above the bush), it can be a real pain to find them for the res. Too much of a pain, in fact! I fully support something being done to highlight fallen comrades.

And thank you, Defy, for starting this thread.

Ellyidol
08-31-2011, 12:47 AM
The point is, we life re-givers need to be able to see where you have fallen and get to you for the res. In my experience, the fallen comrade is easy to spot about 3 times out of 4, or so. However, that 1 time out of 4 that the comrade has been blasted across the @#!$% map or died in a bush (happened to one of my comrades last night...wouldn't have been able to find the poor sap were it not for the name floating above the bush), it can be a real pain to find them for the res. Too much of a pain, in fact! I fully support something being done to highlight fallen comrades.

This is true, I was on the receiving end of the revive, and the eng couldn't see me.

Maybe that 'glow' you get from having an enhancer on? Or the same glow that NPCs get when they have a quest prompt.

Raulur
08-31-2011, 02:23 AM
I have to agree, even the name in red would help. Playing engineer is pretty crazy at times, and trying to find the fallen can be very difficult.

Corpser
08-31-2011, 02:32 AM
Lol sometimes the minimap is just as confusing, especially if it blends a Little too well with floor.

But I like the idea of it flashing on the minimap. It's the least intrusive way to alert all party members.
you can make te minimap darker or lighter i think in the options!

crunchybirdy
08-31-2011, 05:43 AM
*off topic*
I created a character called "defyingravity" yesterday. :cool: