PDA

View Full Version : when will there be shields in star legends?

ThisGuy0502
08-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Ok I don't even know if I'm in the right forum but whatever. So I was wondering, while looking at my invetory I clicked on shields an it was empty :(. Its been a while since the game has been out and I would like to see some shields in the game. It would be cool, and there would actually be a point of using a pistol/heavy pistol. So I would like to see what u guys suggest :)...

ThisGuy0502
08-18-2011, 06:16 PM
Srry for double posting but i dont know how to delete it :(

Arterra
08-18-2011, 07:24 PM
Clicking edit should show you some deletion options. Might be a little small.
Let me read question now lol... Brb

Edit: ah yes I remember asking a dev the exact same thing, Sam I think. He Checked some files or something, and reported that currently shields are not available in game (as of lv20 cap).
But that a good example was the holoshield we got in PL.

ThisGuy0502
08-18-2011, 07:31 PM
Clicking edit should show you some deletion options. Might be a little small.
Let me read question now lol... Brb

Edit: ah yes I remember asking a dev the exact same thing, Sam I think. He Checked some files or something, and reported that currently shields are not available in game (as of lv20 cap).
But that a good example was the holoshield we got in PL.

I like, no love the idea of the shield lolz :p

Holyspell
08-20-2011, 08:02 AM
theres already too much armour as it is

Cahaun
08-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Theres never enough ;)

bronislav84
08-21-2011, 07:20 PM
I agree with Cah. Also why have one handed guns, then? They were obviously planning on shields, but when?

Btw the app needs delete.

Numb
08-22-2011, 02:29 AM
Wtb shield plus laser sword kthxbye

SUPAPRODIGY
08-22-2011, 02:42 AM
Shield i have some drawing for them. I need to start uploading :)

Apostar
08-22-2011, 07:21 AM
I would like to see some shields in the game at this point; but not just at level 20+, but also at the lower levels from ten on.

user7618
08-22-2011, 07:28 AM
My com is pretty heavily armored, so I would prefer that I could equip a pistol and a melee weapon. Personal preference, of course, but I hope they allow that, too.

Acyer
08-22-2011, 07:54 AM
I've heard from a dev I wont name that we will be getting light sabers and shields soon.

apoceq
08-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Light sabers FTW!

Silentarrow
08-22-2011, 08:33 AM
I've heard from a dev I wont name that we will be getting light sabers and shields soon.

Awesome!

razerfingers
08-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Rename the game star wars lmao

Acyer
08-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Well they are ingame now but the mobs have them. The yellow light poles.

Zerious
08-22-2011, 11:19 AM

:o OMFGosh! I LOVE LIGHTSABERZ!!! oooOOOOOOooooom ooooOOOOOOooom <-- *make that noise with you mouth closed :D*

octavos
08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
:o OMFGosh! I LOVE LIGHTSABERZ!!! oooOOOOOOooooom ooooOOOOOOooom <-- *make that noise with you mouth closed :D*

Another alt i have is Revan(not to be confused with star wars), an op...looking forward to dealweld swords...beam swords not the light sabers (copyrights lol)

ThisGuy0502
09-05-2011, 06:58 PM

Another alt i have is Revan(not to be confused with star wars), an op...looking forward to dealweld swords...beam swords not the light sabers (copyrights lol)

:o dude awesome idea. That would look so cool :) but i dont use ops lol

ThisGuy0502
09-05-2011, 06:59 PM
Shield i have some drawing for them. I need to start uploading :)

Yes you should.. And pm me the pics plz :)

Acezero
09-05-2011, 07:03 PM
I can't imagine carrying a Shield and a gun. Maybe a riot shield or something. But alas new equipment means 7 more str, int or dex and more armor.

Acezero
09-05-2011, 07:13 PM

:o OMFGosh! I LOVE LIGHTSABERZ!!! oooOOOOOOooooom ooooOOOOOOooom <-- *make that noise with you mouth closed :D*double post but those are mining tools lol

xBlacklightx
09-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Riot shield please :D

sickside
09-05-2011, 07:54 PM
every one assumes shields will look like metal shileds whos to say it wont be some circular aura around you or something like that i could be very wrong though

Acezero
09-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Well it is in your left hand lol that sounds like force shield

sickside
09-05-2011, 08:20 PM
never seen anything stating it is on your left hand

Acezero
09-05-2011, 08:26 PM
When you hold a one handed weapon its in your right hand. And when you hold a two handed its in tbe shield and weaoin slot. Now unless your toon has moral beliefs about carrying a Shield and two handed weapon or a third arm it has to be in the left

Numb
Rename the game star wars lmao

I dont ever recall shields in star wars

ThisGuy0502
Lol yes we really don't know what the shields will look like.. it could be an arua or a hand held shield or it can even be. A little thing following you lol.. we'll jus have to wait and see

Deathpunch
09-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I dont ever recall shields in star wars

Gungans.

sickside
09-06-2011, 05:01 AM
When you hold a one handed weapon its in your right hand. And when you hold a two handed its in tbe shield and weaoin slot. Now unless your toon has moral beliefs about carrying a Shield and two handed weapon or a third arm it has to be in the left it could be a thing that floats around you it could be something that comes out of your belt no one has stated that shields are left hand weapons

groundhawg
09-06-2011, 05:46 AM
When you hold a one handed weapon its in your right hand. And when you hold a two handed its in tbe shield and weaoin slot. Now unless your toon has moral beliefs about carrying a Shield and two handed weapon or a third arm it has to be in the left it could be a thing that floats around you it could be something that comes out of your belt no one has stated that shields are left hand weapons

What he means is right now, at this very moment, if you were to go on the game and equip a 2 handed weapon, it would display that weapon in both the weapon and the shield portion of your inventory. Since 1 handed weapons default to the right hand, this means that clearly the shield would have to be equipped on the left hand the way it looks to be set up now. The actual form the shields will take is anybody's guess, but I still think its safe to say it will effectively prevent you from using your left hand for anything other than the shield.

Deathpunch
09-06-2011, 06:18 AM
This kind of stinks that your left hand slot will be used. Means no class specific weapons could be used, as they are all two-handed.

groundhawg
09-06-2011, 07:47 AM
This kind of stinks that your left hand slot will be used. Means no class specific weapons could be used, as they are all two-handed.

I think it will work out better, as it should produce more varied builds. This way, you have to sacrifice something to use a shield. You'll have to really consider whether a shield is right for you. If not, then everybody would wear shields and it wouldn't be that special.

So far, I've only played as a commando, so I don't know much about other classes' specific weapons. I did read on here that ops are best off using dual pistols, so shields are probably a no go for them. They're supposed to be squishy anyway so nothing changes there. On the opposite end I heard eng gloves aren't anything special, so a shield and 1 hand weapon is probably a good choice.

I think commandos will have the most thinking to do. Do you sacrifice the AOE of the cannon or the high base damage of the rifle? Is the extra defence and other potential bonuses helpful for tanking? Or does losing the extra damage make it harder to keep affront and therefore harder to tank effectively?

sickside
09-06-2011, 08:21 AM
I think it will work out better, as it should produce more varied builds. This way, you have to sacrifice something to use a shield. You'll have to really consider whether a shield is right for you. If not, then everybody would wear shields and it wouldn't be that special.

So far, I've only played as a commando, so I don't know much about other classes' specific weapons. I did read on here that ops are best off using dual pistols, so shields are probably a no go for them. They're supposed to be squishy anyway so nothing changes there. On the opposite end I heard eng gloves aren't anything special, so a shield and 1 hand weapon is probably a good choice.

I think commandos will have the most thinking to do. Do you sacrifice the AOE of the cannon or the high base damage of the rifle? Is the extra defence and other potential bonuses helpful for tanking? Or does losing the extra damage make it harder to keep affront and therefore harder to tank effectively? my thoughts and experience to gain agro as a commando is your taunts and high base damage on your weapon so I'm sure shields wouldn't be that great for commandos the ones that will benifit the most will be engineers unless its a pvp build shields might work for commandos