PDA

View Full Version : Sunwalker Set or Platinum Set Discuss!

Rodvik
08-19-2011, 05:18 AM
Wondering what the community thinks is better?

Granted the Sunwalker Set comes with alot of INT.
The Platinum Set comes with alot of DODGE.

Is the Dodge really worth it over the INT?

Granted one is better for Offense and the other for Defense.

What is your opinion?

Snippet
08-19-2011, 07:46 AM
I prefer the non plat set. Well at least with the level 20 stuff. I'm all about looks

drewcapu
08-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Subspace FTW!

Rodvik
08-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Lol at drewcapu.

Growwle
08-19-2011, 12:56 PM
The platinum gear of equivalent level seems to always be better than the farmed gear, that is what makes it "premium."

drewcapu
08-19-2011, 01:05 PM
But that shouldn't be the case.

Historically, in Pocket Legends, farmed gear was always better than plat gear.

But, then again, SL still doesn't have pink gear.

When it comes to survivability, dodge is HUGE. If you have high dodge, it can work better than trying to bulk up on armor. Especially since armor can only help so much.

bronislav84
08-20-2011, 06:44 PM
The plat gear is not "better" but better at a certain purpose: Pure defense. The same was true with the level 20 plat set. It has more armor and Hit/Dodge than the ingame set.

The ingame sets are more well rounded and provide almost pure Int, which can translate to more overall stat points like health, mana, damage, armor, and DPS. This all translates to more healing from int, and more damage from the skills scaling on int. More well rounded.

Raulur
08-21-2011, 03:56 AM
I prefer Dodge over the int, so I went with the plat armors. I switch between + 50 Armor and +5 damage implants depending on what map I'm on and what weapon I'm using. It's personal preference I guess.

Just don't try to tell someone that has 1/3 of your deaths that he is using the wrong set. Someone actually did that to me today... Needless to say I had a private LOL when I saw his stats.