PDA

View Full Version : Warrior throwing weapon?

Kingxofxdeath
08-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Recently I have been playing as a warrior and I realised that they do not have a throwing weapon I was thinking maybe the spear that warriors have could be made as a thrown weapon but changed to a rare item I do not know whether this would change the fact that warriors are only ment to have melee weapons but it is an idea

JaytB
08-19-2011, 05:41 AM
Why don't make a dex (or dual spec)-bear? That way you could equip all the throwing weapons you'd like :)

Ranged attacks just wouldn't feel right on a tank IMO. Although a 'charge' attack would be nice in order to cope with the lack of ranged attacks :)

Apocolypze
08-19-2011, 06:05 AM
though wouldnt it be kool to have a skill that threw your weapon at the target?

Kakatoa91
08-19-2011, 07:05 AM
though wouldnt it be kool to have a skill that threw your weapon at the target?

Sure until the mob runaway with your fortified axe in its back :D

Rawrimafish
08-19-2011, 07:23 AM
Why don't make a dex (or dual spec)-bear? That way you could equip all the throwing weapons you'd like :)

Ranged attacks just wouldn't feel right on a tank IMO. Although a 'charge' attack would be nice in order to cope with the lack of ranged attacks :)
i was full str with like 48 dex lol but i changed full dex so i can use death set.i sold my hate set.and death set

Mennddoza
08-19-2011, 07:30 AM
How about a sling. used by gladiators shot around 90-100 mph pretty dangerous.

LelouchX
08-20-2011, 12:51 AM
I spent hours making my pally and bow bear dual specs. if you want your bear to throw a weapon, then dual spec like everyone else. It's not hard, it just takes some time. I never get rid of any pinks anymore unless I have doubles of them. you just learned the hard why you should hold onto them. I had to spend about 100k in cs buying stuff I had but sold so I couold dual spec. It was a painful lesson for me too. AO pinks are essential to dual spec. There are tons of dual spec guides floating around the forum, including my COP dual spec guide (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34266-Crown-of-Persistence-Dual-Spec-Guide) which will show you how I made my bow bear. Good Luck!

Ellyidol
08-20-2011, 01:03 AM

Yeah it'd feel weird being an actual tank and firing at the same distance of your nukers/DPSers. A lot of getting used to in SL!

Anyway, on topic, if they do implement throwing strength weapons, they have to do it extremely well and delicately.

At the moment, you can have a small taste of being a tank with a talon, Str Helm, Plate, and Shield with a Talon. Interesting, but not that good in my opinion.

That said, implementing a str version of a talon just isn't gonna change much, bears would still need high dex. In that case, they would need to implement a ranged weapon with the attributes of a melee weapon, but with range.

Let's say, 10m range? If 'spears' of some sort were implemented, I would expect them to have somewhat high weapon damage with slow attack, higher weapon damage than a 1H sword/talon but lower than a 2H sword/bow, also slower than a 1H sword/talon, probably 2.5 speed?

It seems good on paper for a bear, but that's what makes PL so unique, this new weapon wouldn't only change the game for bears, but all classes in general. Imagine a warbird with this weapon?

That's why, ultimately, I also believe that to give bears a fighting chance with the range, a class specific change to bears should be made; some sort of Charge skill. Any weapon change that will help bears with the range (ranged 1H/2H str weapons) will, unfortunately, help the other classes more.

Armour, however, could be different. You can give str armours very nice hit% and crit%, but no M/S and save it for the set bonus (4-6 m/s for a bear is plenty, while very scarce for a bird/mage).

LelouchX
08-20-2011, 11:06 AM
well said once again ellyidol

Mothwing
08-21-2011, 04:15 PM
TOMAHAWK FTW!!! And now that i think about it mages dont have a throwing weapon either. And no wands dont count.

Singleteddy
08-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Recently I have been playing as a warrior and I realised that they do not have a throwing weapon That's why I half-jokingly entered a STR-based throwing weapon into the Fiery Weapons of DOOM contest. :)
Fiery Caber of DOOM

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k625/Singleteddy/IMG_0477b.pngDescription:

The Knights of Dorkwood constantly complained about not having ranged weapons that took advantage of their strength. They begged Silknight to create such weapons, saying that if they could pummel foes from a distance, then Silknight would be feared throughout Alterra.

So Silknight used the Orbs of Nature to fell, denude, and ignite the trees of Forest Haven, thereby creating the Fiery Cabers of DOOM.

(The Knights were not entirely satisfied since the cabers can only be thrown slowly, from a very short distance, and are quite difficult to aim.) [Note: In the picture, being attacked by the weapon, not wielding it.]