PDA

View Full Version : Avoid this scam tactic

epicrrr
06-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Dont know if its new or old but someone offerred 6m for an item, confirm then ok then his inventory is full.

He traded again and this time its 600k. So always double tripple check price info name of item color before clicking confirm and ok.

Good thing, i tripple check everything, hope karma gets you Sunsmoke

Be vigilant guys

Lawpvp
06-22-2016, 05:22 PM
rip me fell for this to moxins over a year ago. I was playing on iphone instead of tablet and didnt check :/ lost a 2 para lurid

Daehanie
06-22-2016, 09:34 PM
I will only do transaction once.. if player trade then cancel.. i will just cancel the deal.. if they are serious buyer and honest.. they are ready to trade without any excuses to cancel the trade 😊😊

Thesaint Bermudez
06-22-2016, 10:29 PM
same thing happen to me now and same person you said.

selling hexblast mage and then when confirm inventory full and it will cancelled.

then trade again but after putting 700k and while i put items i saw 70k only and he keep pm go.

that is sick scamm.

Amicusdei
06-23-2016, 03:31 AM
Its not a scam.
Its on you to be sure the amount is correct.
This was tried on me a few days ago as well, same guy, 3 tries.
Changed 1.4m to 140k.
Because you used igns this thread will be closed and even your attempt to raise awareness has failed.
Sorry for your losses, its a tough lesson to learn.

Kingslaughter
06-23-2016, 04:18 AM
I will only do transaction once.. if player trade then cancel.. i will just cancel the deal.. if they are serious buyer and honest.. they are ready to trade without any excuses to cancel the trade ����

Ahahha same like me...and yesterday same IGN scammer in other threat tried to buy my arcane deary and sudddenly their invent full...lmao....i just leave the trade window...and that guy keep pms...sorry lets try again...wtf

epicrrr
06-23-2016, 05:48 AM
Its not a scam.
Its on you to be sure the amount is correct.
This was tried on me a few days ago as well, same guy, 3 tries.
Changed 1.4m to 140k.
Because you used igns this thread will be closed and even your attempt to raise awareness has failed.
Sorry for your losses, its a tough lesson to learn.

I didnt get scammed.

but for the others, sorry all - so we should ignore all 2nd attempt trade.

Suggestion to avoid or reduce stuff like this (gold scam where they reduce one 0 on 2nd trade, from 700,000 to 70,00) is STS should increase font size and spacing for the gold denomination on trade window UI.

marsu4u
06-23-2016, 12:12 PM
riiiilcufb scammed meh this way recently for 720k

Fyrce
06-23-2016, 03:04 PM
The reason you leave trade, at least for a period of time, is to clear your mind and your preconceptions. You saw 7m, expect 7m, so you might fool yourself into believing 700k is 7m. There are several ways to "reset" yourself, in real life, that can be applied in game. Such as slowing everything down: walk away (for awhile); close your eyes, go eat something, come back, start again; read the transaction aloud, which is much slower than your eyes. It is the game equivalent of "sleep on it".