PDA

View Full Version : Upkeep Changes - Coming 6/23/16

Carapace
06-22-2016, 03:43 PM

Hello everyone!

We know this has been a hot button issue since the housing system has come online, and we're happy to announce that starting 6/23/16 the Upkeep costs for houses will be as follows:

Starter House: 2 Estate Tokens
Cottage: 2 Estate Tokens
Lodge: 4 Estate Tokens
Tavern: 8 Estate Tokens

This is a cut of 50% from the original cost of the platinum houses. Thank you everyone for your feedback on this matter.

- Carapace

craylax
06-22-2016, 04:31 PM
first :))))))))))))) woooh nice :)

Og kush
06-22-2016, 04:43 PM
Ty very much

Desoulad
06-22-2016, 04:49 PM
Grats to my friends with plat houses yay!... my starter house will never be used again, horray for me! Hurray for zoidberg!

Saud
06-22-2016, 05:27 PM
starter house always used to be 2 estate tokens :/
anyway grats for the once who bought plat house
ty

Sandeeep
06-22-2016, 05:37 PM
and quests for more upkeeps?

Coalhouse
06-22-2016, 05:41 PM
From the Housing Guide:

"- You can buy additional furniture placement space. These extra spaces stay with your character if you change houses."

Will we be able to change houses?

Cinco
06-22-2016, 05:45 PM
From the Housing Guide:

"- You can buy additional furniture placement space. These extra spaces stay with your character if you change houses."

Will we be able to change houses?

Yes. You can buy another house by upgrading from the House Edit menu (under Settings / Purchase New House).
After the update you will be able to buy a House Deed from the House Vendor or the Estate Token vendor. This deed item can be stashed / traded.

Kakashis
06-22-2016, 05:46 PM
I don't mind buying the largest 1000plat but I still believe that it should be free afterwards.

Zylum
06-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Still waiting on a good update sts cmon...

Greycore
06-22-2016, 07:11 PM
i want that cage!!! i want to put my pet angeldevil there...love you angela!!!

Kaziscate
06-22-2016, 07:12 PM
Awesome! I'm tired of being homeless for 3 weeks!

Ardbeg
06-22-2016, 07:15 PM
The problem with the upkeep fee is this: people loose interest after they get evicted and every positive effect on the farming community is lost. STs can make money with the houses, with exclusive items, or just enrich the game with loot. But the (still unreal) upkeep imho just kills all demands in the housing category.

Gogg
06-22-2016, 07:43 PM
if upkeep is like a mortgage, who pays it weekly? The prices above would be fine PER MONTH?

Potato is me
06-22-2016, 07:44 PM
The problem with the upkeep fee is this: people loose interest after they get evicted and every positive effect on the farming community is lost. STs can make money with the houses, with exclusive items, or just enrich the game with loot. But the (still unreal) upkeep imho just kills all demands in the housing category.

Although i dont think there is much devastating effect on farming but yea sts did housing all wrong, they should make housing free but can make money from the add ons e.g. upkeep for additional rooms, special furntiture with special functions like a door as a portal to special maps to farm for furntiture pieces which requires special tadable plat purchased keys to open etc.

There are many better ideas around so sts please look into it

Avaree
06-22-2016, 07:55 PM
Although i dont think there is much devastating effect on farming."

There is a huge impact on farming .... No one up keep houses who buys items like bubble frogs? Who wants trophies? All the little farmable items add up to us farmers. This is a devastating blow to farmers.

Potato is me
06-22-2016, 08:06 PM
There is a huge impact on farming .... No one up keep houses who buys items like bubble frogs? Who wants trophies? All the little farmable items add up to us farmers. This is a devastating blow to farmers.

I said that because these items are really not necessities but luxury goods and there are other avenues for farming, jewel farming, cryostar lix drops, underhul items farming nowadays are much better with the underhul expansion, although i do agree that there will be some effect on farming but it wont make farming as pointless as before the underhul expansion.

Having said that, my main point of the comment is just that sts is doing housing wrong so i would appreciate that the focus of the topic doesnt sidetrack

Niixed
06-22-2016, 08:49 PM
Thanks for lowering the cost of upkeep devs, the reduction is significant. It is definitely closer to price equilibrium, but I suspect it may need to come down more. Also, thanks especially for taking things slow and letting the data speak for itself!

Qnoy
06-22-2016, 09:12 PM
hmm no cut off for starter house?

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Daehanie
06-22-2016, 09:21 PM
I spent plat and gold for my starter house too 😁😁 but im homeless for a week now and let the spider sleep there.. 😄😄😄 im so excited for the housing system.. but im bored and getting fed up just because need to pay the upkeep.. well its people choice how to having fun..
*selling dance ball pm me in game .. pay upkeep once.. take all furniture and will not return again 😊😊

Avaree
06-22-2016, 10:03 PM
I said that because these items are really not necessities but luxury goods and there are other avenues for farming, jewel farming, cryostar lix drops, underhul items farming nowadays are much better with the underhul expansion, although i do agree that there will be some effect on farming but it wont make farming as pointless as before the underhul expansion.

Having said that, my main point of the comment is just that sts is doing housing wrong so i would appreciate that the focus of the topic doesnt sidetrack

I added to the topic not sidetracking it. Think about it, no houses, no establishemnts, who buys luxury items? The best liquidation price is 300g. (That i have seen). Their decisions has a domino effect on us all. We all suffer from the high housing upkeep.

thekragle
06-23-2016, 12:09 AM
This may already be in the current roadmap but I cant stress enough that the rent or cost of rent is not really the issue.
Lowering the rent makes us happy sure, but if the benefits of owning a house outweighed the cost, players wouldnt be complaining.

We need a tangible benefit to owning a house. As I said in other threads, there should be a daily or weekly benefit to the ownership of said property. The better the house the better the odds of getting something worthwhile. Please consider adding something that we can use each day or week that grants a tangible useful item for in game play.

Whether it be a house chest with a random item when opened, pots, elixers, coins, something we get randomly from owning our home helps us stay happy and is a reason beyond vanity to owning a home plus it helps Sts keep the platinum flowing, because I would think everyone would want a house then and it motivates us to pay the rent.....am I wrong or wouldnt that be awesome?

Java
06-23-2016, 12:12 AM
This may already be in the current roadmap but I cant stress enough that the rent or cost of rent is not really the issue.
Lowering the rent makes us happy sure, but if the benefits of owning a house outweighed the cost, players wouldnt be complaining.

We need a tangible benefit to owning a house. As I said in other threads, there should be a daily or weekly benefit to the ownership of said property. The better the house the better the odds of getting something worthwhile. Please consider adding something that we can use each day or week that grants a tangible useful item for in game play.

Whether it be a house chest with a random item when opened, pots, elixers, coins, something we get randomly from owning our home helps us stay happy and is a reason beyond vanity to owning a home plus it helps Sts keep the platinum flowing, because I would think everyone would want a house then and it motivates us to pay the rent.....am I wrong or wouldnt that be awesome?

Payment of upkeep rewards more housing slots. That's what I want!

Fyrce
06-23-2016, 01:34 AM
Actually it could be some kind of housing buff -- you're more rested, keep up your equips better, are better prepared, your mind is healthier, etc. so maybe a buff if your house is available, buff level based upon level of the house. Buff disappears if you dont pay your rent. Thats assuming housing needs more adjustment. Having a private space is nice already.

Java
06-23-2016, 01:43 AM
Actually it could be some kind of housing buff -- you're more rested, keep up your equips better, are better prepared, your mind is healthier, etc. so maybe a buff if your house is available, buff level based upon level of the house. Buff disappears if you dont pay your rent. Thats assuming housing needs more adjustment. Having a private space is nice already.
Ooo, nice idea. I like it.

#outofthanks

ilhanna
06-23-2016, 01:59 AM
Please consider having upkeep more a monthly requirement (like utility bills) than a weekly one. We need story tokens for pet animancy too but at this rate it will be weeks before we can have enough tokens for animancy if we want to keep our houses.

Nifty furnishing ideas won't help much if you keep turning people out of their (for some, premium) houses because they can't keep up with the exorbitant upkeep.

PS. Adding more avenues for getting estate tokens would be nice. At least make Boltag quest a 3-day like Dean Martin's quest, or a repeatable like Arbzy's. If you insist on keeping Boltag's a weekly, please make upkeep due monthly.

epicrrr
06-23-2016, 05:53 AM
A couple of lodge and tavern i frequent *cough *cough are closed down. T_T

Yohamidamaru
06-23-2016, 08:55 AM
nice update! loving this new update. thankyou sts!!!

MrGamer
06-23-2016, 09:59 AM
Werry cool!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anehazaz
06-23-2016, 10:46 AM
The new changes are still insufficient to reward loyal players for logging in each day in order to complete story quests. It was a good move to incorporate house tokens with players activity but to make it impossible to achieve on a weekly basis doesn't make sense.
STS you really can't have all the CAKE!!!

crudmudgeon
06-23-2016, 11:56 AM
A couple of lodge and tavern i frequent *cough *cough are closed down. T_T
My well appointed tavern is closed atm... though I may upkeep now to place my Jarl Armor and Alpha Rug ... Maybe ill wait until all trophies are done...

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

lissil
06-23-2016, 12:15 PM
I hope weekly quests for estate token be made available even if you haven't paid upkeep yet. Quest is taken to get tokens, but, you need to pay with tokens first to get the quest.

It's like making a person do a job in order to pay for rent and get in his house, yet, you have to pay the rent first before getting the job.

If you are one token short of paying, the quest is a lot of help, but you can't get the quest if you haven't paid upkeep. For people like me that used up most of my story tokens on trying out pet animancy, this is a big deal.

marsu4u
06-23-2016, 12:33 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?342626-Housing-System-Feedback

scarysmerf
06-23-2016, 01:13 PM
Omg ty so much and also we need a daily quest for tokens too not weekly

saphirae
06-23-2016, 01:23 PM
You just took 8mins from tooth event. Cause your system alert 2 different things... Tooth event ends in 10mins and other saying server going down in 2mins... Really balance your system alerts

steversj
06-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Well i like the whole idea about the house system but honestly paying "rent" is already stupid because we already are buying the house with plat or gold.

Savagekantus
06-23-2016, 05:42 PM
still dont agree with the 2 estate tokens for a 25k jail cell :/ thxs tho ! should be free.

Java
06-23-2016, 09:10 PM
As ridiculous as it may seem, thanks for the burlap sacks!! Helps complete the coffee roasting part of my coffee shop!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160624/a01889613297a68e87fdc45e799364a4.jpg

Chuuwee
06-23-2016, 10:50 PM
As ridiculous as it may seem, thanks for the burlap sacks!! Helps complete the coffee roasting part of my coffee shop!

Doesn't look ridiculous at all. It suits you well Coffegirl. :)

Coalhouse
06-24-2016, 07:24 AM

You got your sacks and I got the bucket I requested. What? Buckets are important you know(!)

I really hope that at least some of the Halloween furniture I suggested comes to fruition.

Antipole
06-24-2016, 02:45 PM
woow nice thanks :)

Potato is me
06-24-2016, 06:28 PM
I added to the topic not sidetracking it. Think about it, no houses, no establishemnts, who buys luxury items? The best liquidation price is 250g. Their decisions has a domino effect on us all. We all suffer from the high housing upkeep.

In theory what you say works cos nobody will buy houses with the absurd upkeep, ceteris paribus. But irl, even with the upkeep cost, some of the people on my friend list still maintains their plat purchased houses up till now, but even so, i believe the farmable items will depreciate over time due to more people already owning the items, unless

a) the item has a very very low drop rate

b) the item is limited time only.

either way, if either of both conditions are met, the prices of these items will not really be affected by upkeep cost since they are exotic, the price elasticity of demand will be fairly low.

I am not saying that it won't affect the farming value of the items, I'm just saying it will not lead to absolute redundant-ness of these items. These items will definitely depreciate over time which render them worthless eventually as long as they are still farmable (Just like how much the cryostar vanity and vanity weapons depreciates) people not using houses will only speed up the process but is farming for these items really a main source of your income?

Furthermore, to say the truth, sts like any other firms is more interested in their revenues then other things, as we can see, right now they are trying to make money out of the upkeep by using plat conversion as one way of revenue hoping people will buy more plats to sell back to the economy, rather than lament on how your farming aspect is affected, you should explain to them how they can't really earn from the upkeep they set since

a) the plat conversion rate isn't really good

b) there is really no real incentive for someone to maintain the upkeep of the house

point b is really the problem, if housing opens up a new platform for us to farm higher value stuff, things will be different.

Imagine if farming opens an exclusive map which drops high value items (different items on a rotational basis)

1. farmers will try to farm the maps which requires upkeep costs
2. non house portal farmers can profit from farming furnitures ( especially if furnitures provides buff which does not stack, and lower tier furnitures will expire)
3. Plat users profits from the keys
4. Sts profits, add on more contents to the rotation of items farmable and the loop continues

This is how sts can roll their profits and the people will be kind of happy about paying the upkeep.

However it is a major project to do, so i would just suggest upkeep be removed, sts continue to update and profit from furnitures. If sts really do care about farming aspect of the game, they would have made more effort in changing the repetitive system of events.

Kakashis
06-24-2016, 07:02 PM
I agree, we shouldn't have to pay upkeep for these houses. If anything, we should be able to trade blank slate houses and abolish upkeep. Until its free of upkeep, I'm just going to visit friends :)

octavos
06-25-2016, 01:11 AM
I agree, we shouldn't have to pay upkeep for these houses. If anything, we should be able to trade blank slate houses and abolish upkeep. Until its free of upkeep, I'm just going to visit friends :)

I like that it has been reduced, but anything Plat should be no upkeep. But this has just started, so maybe it could happen. But I love the concept. It just needs to be refined to be more of a benefit. I'll just keep lingering here to see updates as they come.

stricker20000
06-25-2016, 08:16 AM
I support the upkeep just like people who supports loterry odds

" Keep the upkeep make the houses even more expensive please AL feel more AL this way"

How does that feel :)

Nice one:applause:

Sandeeep
06-25-2016, 02:16 PM
upkeeps are ok,

but the changes i expect are
5-10 story tokens for 1 upkeep (not 30)
more upkeep drops

make elite bosses drop upkeep (like how elite runner chest drops but rarer)

MayaNatsume
06-25-2016, 05:36 PM
Can add more additional furniture placement space as well, indeed only can buy 20 atm...?? ty ty

dulborg
06-25-2016, 06:08 PM
Seems fair.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Sazalie Tajud
06-26-2016, 05:27 PM
Hi frend ..me arownina char mage..

crudmudgeon
06-27-2016, 07:37 PM

So... If I buy a SECOND deed... and pack up all my stuff at the end of every week... Can I move to my alt home and avoid the upkeep?!?!?!

I'm game for spending a week at my Super Lux Lodge after a week of grinding at the tavern ;)

Charlizey
06-27-2016, 10:51 PM
Im kinda late x) but who cares , nice update but, I think the house system is kinda fail.

<KingPete>
06-28-2016, 10:40 AM
^^^ BOOO BOOO... I really like the new housing system, and I think its a great implement. Now instead of hanging out in the non-interactive guildhall or tavern, or guild hub etc etc, people have their own INTERACTIVE place that they can design, play with, have parties in, etc. I think sts deserves a big round of applause for this. :)

saphirae
06-29-2016, 12:21 PM
When will you start fixing ping problems? Because many many many your players screaming all over forum about it,but i guess you are too busy with furniture and this most important game thing you just keep ignoring.

Sfubi
06-29-2016, 12:35 PM
The drops of misc. house crap like books mugs and barrels is insane. I have noticed a considerable decrease in jewel drops since all the house junk has been added.

Having a house makes it a lot easier to bounce jewels between alts for crafting purposes but the house crap drops are killing the jewel drops for me.

All in all, i am very disappointed in the housing system.

steversj
06-29-2016, 08:37 PM
well this is something way better ! thanks for hearing me out and other peeps !

Sandeeep
06-30-2016, 10:37 AM
The drops of misc. house crap like books mugs and barrels is insane. I have noticed a considerable decrease in jewel drops since all the house junk has been added.

Having a house makes it a lot easier to bounce jewels between alts for crafting purposes but the house crap drops are killing the jewel drops for me.

All in all, i am very disappointed in the housing system.

its been stated that house drops and jewel drops have different loot tables and drop seperately,
i made a theary of why jewels and cryos are not dropping i suggest u read that imo

Juvisavburst
07-03-2016, 04:38 AM
Sometimes sts is unfair.

Espartandi
07-03-2016, 04:08 PM
i had 2 problems during the event 1 in the middle of the map me and my pt disconecct us from the server at the same moment and we all lost our energys but well that not the big one, after we enter again and open a portal with the doll after of enter to the portal the game send us to the town where after and not to the map of the boss blood, your gonna pay our energys and doll or what can you do about it?
IGN: Espartandi
pls we lost many energys and vigorous i need some payback or something... :/ thanks

Terminhater
07-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Plat houses should be free from upkeep.

Quangtran1996
07-10-2016, 04:37 PM
this housing thing is amazing like a combination in game but cost a lot of plats

Quangtran1996
07-10-2016, 04:47 PM
we been having no home

Quangtran1996
07-10-2016, 04:50 PM
5slot in home, xD