PDA

View Full Version : Vanity wing idea

Arterra
08-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Holo-Banners.

Kind of like a floating shield behind your back, displaying some image or logo.

Devs could easily have a STS logo on them heh, and it would allow for nice ways of giving out holiday or special event only items. The xperia buttons would probably look much better on our backs!
Would present an option for the community and legend shields too, as a banner behind our backs.

And who knows? Maybe one day STS will offer customizable guild holo-banners to wear proudly. Or at least supply a host of pre-set images lol.

I've always wanted to wear a coat of arms...

Edit: pity there is no suggestion forum...

Conradin
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Guild Holo Banners... Sexy

BodMaster
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Awesome idea buddy!!

First thing that came it to my mind was Guild ones!! Lol maybe one day one can dream :D

Arterra
08-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I doubt we will ever be able to upload a image, considering sts' position on how easy it is to abuse (even tho sl supposed to be more more mature audience) and I think it would be too much work for a dev to have to rate/accept every image submitted... but if you take all the iicons sts has, from pl skills, sl skills, forum avatars, etc then you have a nice collection.

Conradin
08-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I doubt we will ever be able to upload a image, considering sts' position on how easy it is to abuse (even tho sl supposed to be more more mature audience) and I think it would be too much work for a dev to have to rate/accept every image submitted... but if you take all the iicons sts has, from pl skills, sl skills, forum avatars, etc then you have a nice collection.

I say they lets you put you guild name and custumized colors on your guild banner. Ill do some concept art if ya want arty?

xBearSpiritx
08-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Wow... very cool concept with the whole hologram thing.

I had a similar idea on the PL forum where it would be nice if our toons could equip Tabards displaying our own guild logos... it will probably never materialise tho :D

ThisGuy0502
08-19-2011, 12:13 PM
It would be cool if one of vinity wings are a cape... U know like a cape that has some sort of logo on it :)

Cahaun
08-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Nice! How about a shield strapped to the back as another idea? I really like the guild one better.:rolleyes:

BodMaster
08-19-2011, 02:55 PM

Yhh when all that's taken into account it would be quite a big job for devs and excepting each one for inappropriate content would suck.. well guild name and avatar id be happy anyway :))

Cascade
08-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Sounds like a cool idea, hope it gets implemented.

Arrowkole
08-19-2011, 03:27 PM
guild ones with different colors for different ranks :D

Arterra
08-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Yhh when all that's taken into account it would be quite a big job for devs and excepting each one for inappropriate content would suck.. well guild name and avatar id be happy anyway :))

Couldn't devs have the visibility of uploaded content default off, with a disclaimer in settings? And to save on data, classic 16x16 browser icon size.

Still, customization is a long way away.
Till then, I just hope for it to be as a prize of sorts, for events or even contests.

Uzikrabd
09-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Arterra you just made me think of an awesome thing.... Vanity sets harder to get but addition to your char more than most sets, wait that would be awesome contest idea

BodMaster
09-07-2011, 07:11 AM
Couldn't devs have the visibility of uploaded content default off, with a disclaimer in settings? And to save on data, classic 16x16 browser icon size.

Still, customization is a long way away.
Till then, I just hope for it to be as a prize of sorts, for events or even contests.

Now that could be possible Arty! But like you said way away from that but the possibility for it to be added in the future is enough for me. This prize for any contest would be awesome! Im sure 1000s.would agree.. plus now we have a suggestions thread ;)

P.S. If it wasn't for Uzikrabd I wouldn't have seen this hard to keep track of what I have posted :P and yup i know about last posts thing haha just don't use it.. though I should :)