PDA

View Full Version : Plat Items, Auction Locations

Liathea
08-19-2011, 05:13 PM
I had a bunch of stuff regarding loss of HP/MP upon entering a new level here at first. However, I just saw in another thread that this will be fixed in the next update. Thank you!!

Also, I was really hoping for a change on the policy of not being able to sell or trade items bought with plat. What are we supposed to do with them once we outgrow them? Either get nothing for an item we paid you guys real money for, or let it take up a stash spot? What's the real point of that? It always makes me think twice about buying plat gear, outside of vanity items. I like supporting Spacetime, since you guys have provided me with hours upon hours of entertainment with two awesome games, but I don't have a lot of extra money and hate to see some of it go to an item that will be obsolete for me in three levels.

Lastly, how about access to stash and auction on other bases? It'd be great to not have to trek all the way back to Blackstar just to check if something sold, or to get some stashed stims. :)

Zeubermensch
08-19-2011, 05:23 PM
I agree 100%!! we should be able to trade and sell the items freely as though it's any other item. I havent had enough money to buy platinum in sometime..

octavos
08-19-2011, 05:42 PM
I agree 100%!! we should be able to trade and sell the items freely as though it's any other item. I havent had enough money to buy platinum in sometime..

Yes I agree, but here's the question if items from plat store become sell-able people who cant afford plat, could get the stuff (plat stuff would be just like rare items, why buy plat?)....plat stuff is meant for people to shell out money so the items are worth something. Yes they take up space, but in PL, discontinued items are worth quite abit. so keep the stuff, sell it later :p

Physiologic
08-19-2011, 05:45 PM
In many other games that offer cash-only items, those items are untradeable, which makes sense in a business perspective.

Arterra
08-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Think of shadow cave items.

The first day it was a free for all to get a million pinks.
After the 100% drop rate bug fix the caves have given almost nothing but oranges to the few who even bother, and we don't bother farming more since there seem to be enough on the CS and there is always the easier ao3 items

Point is, people would stop buying from the store. Since we don't NEED them, and since the cost of Plat compared to gold is high, people would just survive off recycling Already bought ones in cs.

Another reason: professional gold farmers.
If someone made it a business to farm gold in order to buy up Plat items, as many other games have, inflation would go crazy and the common player would never survive.
I think runescape is an example... What is considered barely enough again? A few million gold?

It will never happen, sorry

thequickone
08-19-2011, 05:58 PM
Another supporter of your idea, here! I have three characters, one of each cl*** (a bit of auto-censor humor, hehehe), and I purchased the 50 Platinum upgrade for each. I also purchased two Platinum helmets and one Platinum back armor for each, as well. If my math is correct (carry the 1... :p), this has left me with a total of 45 inventory / stash slots occupied with now-obsolete gear. That's a lot of nostalgia to be logging around, and those slots are valuable (especially since so many are taken up by crafting items...separate thread, maybe)!

What would be the harm in letting us put the Platinum items on the CS? Certainly, you can't be concerned about price-gouging, with rare-drop vanity items currently selling at auction for more than 450,000 Credits!

Either that, or maybe offer some sort of trade-in-Credit for obsolete Platinum items.

I love STS, and plan to continue supporting them by purchasing Platinum, but at this rate, I may run out of inventory space to do so!

Flowman
08-19-2011, 06:19 PM
agree 100% on the plat items.
I like the plat gear because it usually has the specs I'm looking for that the current best dropped gear doesn't have.
HOWEVER, I now have full sets of plat armor rotting away in my stash...and I don't plan on making low lvl twinks

Atleast let us resell the gear to the store for a portion of our plat back. Maybe a third back? It'll encourage more people to buy plat armor, making up for the losses of people returning,

Liathea
08-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Selling back to the plat shop for 1/3 to 1/2 plat return sounds like a good compromise between not being able to do anything with the items and seeing crazy market shenanigans.