PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - guild stash, with logs, possibly restricted access

n00b13st
08-19-2011, 07:06 PM
I'd like to see a shared guild stash in my guild hall. Since STS seems to not want trading of certain plat items they would not be allowed in the shared stash but everything else could go in. You would buy slots like for personal stash but perhaps with a higher max slot limit...2048? 7168? (Powers of two always work well.)

It could be restricted to officers, senior officers (see my tiered officers idea) or be open to all - perhaps configurably by choice of guild host. The restricted/open setting would be even better if it could be done per item. Specific permissions could be restricted - limiting access only to items you can use, allowing the item to be sold or not - or allowing only certain members to sell items. Contributors could also lock their items from being sold. Items could be tagged by contributor and optionally revert to them if they leave or are kicked from the guild. If the guild closes, items could revert to original owners. Gold/credits and pots/packs could be kept there also, with their own configurable permissions. There could be a separate role that could be assigned within the guild, "merchant" that allows only those people to sell the items tagged as "sellable".

There is room for a great deal of flexibility or it could be a relatively static shared warehouse that only officers can access and items put there effectively become guild property.

Thoughts?

Reggin
08-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Great ideas, but I doubt that complex of a system is worth coding... it would take way too many coding hours and I doubt it would ever generate a profit for sts... They could probably make several new zones in that time, which is a profit generating piece of code...

Arterra
08-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Lol several new zones? We already have a stash mechanic and interface, now it's a matter of it being public use.
As for money, it could be priced a little more than normal stash... Or even better simply be included in the last guild hall tier, giving a huge incentive to fully upgrade for all guilds out there.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-19-2011, 07:34 PM
Agree +1

n00b13st
08-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Lol several new zones? We already have a stash mechanic and interface, now it's a matter of it being public use.
As for money, it could be priced a little more than normal stash... Or even better simply be included in the last guild hall tier, giving a huge incentive to fully upgrade for all guilds out there.

I agree Arterra! I've been expecting new tiers of guid hall, this would be a great element for the top tier. And then I'd be happy to buy extra slots to expand it.

Reggin
08-19-2011, 10:38 PM
A basic guild stash is obviously possible, I mean to code it so that players can automatically get contributions back if guild disbands or have so much personal control... I'm sure just making a guild stash would be cake... It's all those neat extra ideas from the OP that I was talking about...

Arterra
08-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Hmm I suppose that is a lot of extras lol... But some elements would be wise for a successful guild stash mechanic.
A while back I suggested the ability to guild-lock items, so that the game master or officer can 'recall' it if a member is afk or quitting, also preventing its sale, and prevent thievery. (game example with this being Fallen Sword by Hunted Cow studios)
Maybe I'll just quote/link excerpts from my own guild threads...

Edit:

A basic guild stash is obviously possible, I mean to code it so that

That's either blatant exaggeration, misspoken or giving away some big secret xD

Uwantaids
08-19-2011, 11:33 PM
What happens when someone joins your guild steals everything and leaves?

Arterra
08-19-2011, 11:41 PM
What happens when someone joins your guild steals everything and leaves?

Right above you:
A while back I suggested the ability to guild-lock items, so that the guild master or officer can 'recall' it if a member is afk or quitting, also preventing its sale, and prevent thievery

And if the next genius pops up and says "what if a officer steals everything" well then I'll ask you "why exactly did you trust him to BE a officer...?"

alexjp
08-20-2011, 12:01 AM
that would be a cool idea. Instead of having all of those things having to code. Make a rental system for it like say maxinum of 2 hours or something like that. Also, have it so they can't trade it or sell similar to how runescape has it when they can lend items to other players

bronislav84
08-20-2011, 12:41 PM
I support this. Make it a bit restrictive though, so one person can't walk in and steal everything.

Raulur
08-25-2011, 06:03 AM
Hmm I suppose that is a lot of extras lol... But some elements would be wise for a successful guild stash mechanic.
A while back I suggested the ability to guild-lock items, so that the game master or officer can 'recall' it if a member is afk or quitting, also preventing its sale, and prevent thievery. (game example with this being Fallen Sword by Hunted Cow studios)
Maybe I'll just quote/link excerpts from my own guild threads...

Edit:

That's either blatant exaggeration, misspoken or giving away some big secret xD

Guild-lock, that is a good idea. Combine that with the ideas we had in the below link, and it may be a winner.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?33588-New-Guild-content-Ideas.

Crummypaladin
08-28-2011, 12:21 AM
You could start with a simple guild stash. Just a common stash for all. Yes, a member would be able to pull everything out and sell it, but that would be an understood risk. An easy way to prevent that though would be to place a withdrawal limit. Perhaps only one item per day, except for guild master.