PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - built-in screenshot function (only for game screen)

n00b13st
08-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Another game I played had a built in screenshot->bug/feedback report feature. That would be very handy in STS games for many situations. Obviously it should only capture the game screen, not the task bar, etc.

Thoughts?

Arterra
08-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Majesty (age of empires kind of game on android) also has this. Very very handy... Not just for reports, but also for personal use and such.
As for lack of screen space for button... How about two taps with two fingers near the middle? Some action like that.

TANKKAAR
08-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Personally I love this idea since I am currently running Andriod Gingerbread 2.3.4 which I can't root using Z4root or Gingerbreak (until Gingerbreak 1.3 comes out). Plus I am tired of having to root my phones for something as simple as screenshots :-/ I just don't know how difficult it would be to build this into the current system.

Register
08-19-2011, 08:08 PM
I love it! I have a lot of situations when I wanna capture a moment or just get a pic to show a friend or post but cannot cuz my home button is broken on my ipod. And a guesture would be cool...

alexjp
08-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Yes that a great idea. Maybe like shaking the device for the picture. I know one app on andriod does that i believe.

NoseToNose
08-19-2011, 10:55 PM
Yes that a great idea. Maybe like shaking the device for the picture. I know one app on andriod does that i believe.You are correct, the application allows you to shake it or even scream at it to capture though even that requires you to root your phone, which is exactly why I do not have it

Physiologic
08-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Certain Androids using Froyo or higher actually has a screenshot function. Press and hold the Back key and then the Power button and see if your Gallery saved a screenshot.

n00b13st
08-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Certain Androids using Froyo or higher actually has a screenshot function. Press and hold the Back key and then the Power button and see if your Gallery saved a screenshot.-

Not apparently my Honeycomb G-Slate. I do love it though....I started out on PL using my myTouch Slide, now I can't bear the thought of playing anywhere else.

Kakatoa91
08-20-2011, 03:25 AM
If they could add that. That would be greatly appreciated.
Not interestin into rootin my phone for just that at moment.

bronislav84
08-20-2011, 12:39 PM
I support this. If they need to "borrow" code, Gameboid does it without root just for it's games it emulates so I'm sure a built in screens feature is doable

Conradin
08-20-2011, 12:44 PM
I have wanted this foreva!! my ipods top button broke, and i loved taking snap-shots (i have 1.5k shots of PL). This would make it wayyyy easier to catch momens and do sweet things.