PDA

View Full Version : Nekro Vs Samael as base pets

Potato is me
06-23-2016, 08:54 PM
I would like to hear all your opinions on these two pets as base since they are pretty much the top 2 on my list right now (As Base Pets)

In terms of overall, i believe majority vote will go to nekro due to its all-roundedness as a pet, so i would just like to focus on the passive instead since happiness bonus and aa can all be slotted now.

Note: Stats are at lvl 46 since i didn't cap, sorry about that

Samael

DMG: 240
CRIT: 18%

Passive
1. AOE normal attack (very very small range compared to nekro)
2. Chance for DoT
3. DoT can further spread on each tick (proc last 2 seconds, about 4 to 5 ticks within that period, spread range is low)
4. 30% Chance to slow
5. 10% Chance to Panic (Stun)
6. Passive healing Max 156 Hp per heal between 2 - 5 seconds at lvl 46 (not stated in the description)

Nekro

DMG: 258
CRIT: 18%

Passive
1. AOE normal attack (Huge splash with significantly more DoT damage spread)
2. Normal attack comes with DoT aftermath
3. Chance to reduce enemy hit by 20% for 4 sec
4. Chance to reduce enemy armour by 20% for 4 sec
5. 10% chance to stun

The difference among the two pets is the additional passive heal for samael which was compensated with nekro's higher dmg, range and spread of DoT.

IMO: Nekro is a more efficient damage dealer, Samael provides really decent healing which kept me at full health in low level maps when i'm left with 40% health with nekro without healing but probably might not help much if you are going to spam pots in pve

However, the test is done on low tier maps, i did not have a chance to test both pets out with the same AA and Happiness bonus in harder maps due to the difficulty in obtaining the values so i am hoping that someone with more experience than i do can give more inputs a about these two pets.

Updated info:
Tested passive healing for samael
Tested normal attacks on both pets

Thank you for reading

Sandeeep
06-23-2016, 11:21 PM
To me it seems samael looks better
But i dont have either pet
But samael stats look better.
Thx for changing my perpective

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

epicrrr
06-29-2016, 11:31 PM
Samael stacking with animancy is really op, so i like sam as base pet

Croak
07-02-2016, 04:24 PM
Sam as base pet, nekro's AA, munch's happiness.

Counselorr
08-16-2016, 01:04 AM
Samael is better.

PLAY BOY
08-16-2016, 07:05 AM
need 10 post

Bajingg
08-16-2016, 07:56 AM
I got sam as base, nekro AA and toor HB.
Works really well for a mage :D

epicrrr
08-17-2016, 02:04 AM
just noticed, if you put Nekro as AA on other pet; Nekros AA damage will be 30-40% less compared to Pure Nekro AA.
Example Pure Nekro AA dmg = 300, Mishi with Nekro AA dmg = 180.

resurrected
08-17-2016, 04:28 AM
just noticed, if you put Nekro as AA on other pet; Nekros AA damage will be 30-40% less compared to Pure Nekro AA.
Example Pure Nekro AA dmg = 300, Mishi with Nekro AA dmg = 180.
I think its because nekro base damage is just higher than other arcane pets and it might affect arcane ability also

Zeus
08-18-2016, 12:16 PM
I think its because nekro base damage is just higher than other arcane pets and it might affect arcane ability also

Yes, this is exactly why. It's not a big deal to me though...:D