PDA

View Full Version : Nekro Vs Samael as base pets

Potato is me
06-24-2016, 08:30 AM
(More inputs needed so added this thread here since pet category is pretty dead on read counts)

I would like to hear all your opinions on these two pets as base since they are pretty much the top 2 on my list right now (As Base Pets)

In terms of overall, i believe majority vote will go to nekro due to its all-roundedness as a pet, so i would just like to focus on the passive instead since happiness bonus and aa can all be slotted now.

Note: Stats are at lvl 46 since i didn't cap, sorry about that

Samael

DMG: 240
CRIT: 18%

Passive
1. AOE normal attack (very very small range compared to nekro)
2. Chance for DoT
3. DoT can further spread on each tick (proc last 2 seconds, about 4 to 5 ticks within that period, spread range is low)
4. 30% Chance to slow
5. 10% Chance to Panic (Stun)
6. Passive healing Max 156 Hp per heal between 2 - 5 seconds at lvl 46 (not stated in the description)

Nekro

DMG: 258

Passive
1. AOE normal attack (Huge splash with significantly more DoT damage spread)
2. Normal attack comes with DoT aftermath
3. Chance to reduce enemy hit by 20% for 4 sec
4. Chance to reduce enemy armour by 20% for 4 sec
5. 10% chance to stun

The difference among the two pets is the additional passive heal for samael which was compensated with nekro's higher dmg, range and spread of DoT.

IMO: Nekro is a more efficient damage dealer, Samael provides really decent healing which kept me at full health in low level maps when i'm left with 40% health with nekro without healing but probably might not help much if you are going to spam pots in pve

However, the test is done on low tier maps, i did not have a chance to test both pets out with the same AA and Happiness bonus in harder maps due to the difficulty in obtaining the values so i am hoping that someone with more experience than i do can give more inputs a about these two pets.

Updated info:
Tested passive healing for samael
Tested normal attacks on both pets

Thank you for reading

Fenerx
06-25-2016, 05:59 PM
(More inputs needed so added this thread here since pet category is pretty dead on read counts)

I would like to hear all your opinions on these two pets as base since they are pretty much the top 2 on my list right now (As Base Pets)

In terms of overall, i believe majority vote will go to nekro due to its all-roundedness as a pet, so i would just like to focus on the passive instead since happiness bonus and aa can all be slotted now.

Note: Stats are at lvl 46 since i didn't cap, sorry about that

Samael

DMG: 240

Passive
1. AOE normal attack (very very small range compared to nekro)
2. Chance for DoT
3. DoT can further spread on each tick (proc last 2 seconds, about 4 to 5 ticks within that period, spread range is low)
4. 30% Chance to slow
5. 10% Chance to Panic (Stun)
6. Passive healing Max 156 Hp per heal between 2 - 5 seconds at lvl 46 (not stated in the description)

Nekro

DMG: 258

Passive
1. AOE normal attack (Huge splash with significantly more DoT damage spread)
2. Normal attack comes with DoT aftermath
3. Chance to reduce enemy hit by 20% for 4 sec
4. Chance to reduce enemy armour by 20% for 4 sec
5. 10% chance to stun

The difference among the two pets is the additional passive heal for samael which was compensated with nekro's higher dmg, range and spread of DoT.

IMO: Nekro is a more efficient damage dealer, Samael provides really decent healing which kept me at full health in low level maps when i'm left with 40% health with nekro without healing but probably might not help much if you are going to spam pots in pve

However, the test is done on low tier maps, i did not have a chance to test both pets out with the same AA and Happiness bonus in harder maps due to the difficulty in obtaining the values so i am hoping that someone with more experience than i do can give more inputs a about these two pets.

Updated info:
Tested passive healing for samael
Tested normal attacks on both pets

Thank you for reading
I prefer nekro it's stell best pet in this time and Sam is out of date

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk