PDA

View Full Version : Dizko's Strong Birdy Guide

Dizko
06-16-2010, 03:18 PM
Pics to be added

I'll start by saying that I'm not the first bird to hold a sword. I've only been playing the build for a little while but I haven't seen too many guides around for it.

I like to call this the poor-man's build, because after you get the gear you wont need pots.

The advantages of this build are (with the right equipment):

High Health regen - Great for Tanking and Pvp recovery.
High Mana Regen - More mana than you will be able to use.
Great armour- Making you an effective tank.
Ranged Abilites - Your ranged skills make you effective even against enemies at range.

Okay so lets start with Stats:

Stats:

This is my personal opinion as the best way to go:

STR : 127
INT: 11
DEX: All the rest.

That amount of strength will let you use the gear you need, and the int will give you an extra M/s.

Gear:
This is what I use:

Mynas helm of Legend.
]Plate Mail of Thoth
Pharaohs Sword of Thoth
Zombies Saintly Shield
Will add stats and double check gear when I get home.

Don't pay anymore than 15k for a Thoth Piece or 10k for a Zombie piece.

Of course there are other ways of mixing and matching gear to achieve this regen. Your main goal is to get your mana regen to faster than you can use it and then get the most health regen possible.

This gives me a total of 12 h/s and 12 m/s. And that's when you start to get your money back.

Skills:

Say goodbye to meditation, you will never need it again. Giving you an extra 5 points to play with, yummy.
Also I wouldn't bother with rooting skills or repulse shot as you want your enemy close. Sure rooting would stop them running but it doesn't matter - just finish them off with one of your ranged skills, which will all be maxed.
So just to recap - Don't use rooting skills, meditation or repulse shot, and max everything else. The two screams, and break armour followed by a blast shot will kill everything around you and certainly put a dent in a boss monster.

Level 5 regeneration is a lot of help in those boss tanking circumstances, and focus works almost as good as a warriors Rage. Don't forget evasion during boss fights.

Here is a screenshot of my character and stats:
pic to be added

PVP

Another great aspect of this build is in Pvp.
The only thing you are limited by is the cooldown rate of your skills. Buff yourself with evasion and focus, run in screaming and spamming all of your offensive skills, and then run out.
Chances are you will have killed someone and now you just have to stay safe for a few seconds while your skills cooldown. By then, your health and mana will have regenerated to full. It is at this second stage that you will have the advantage over anyone who didn't die in your first attack - so get back in quick as their health will not be full, (Unless they are an enchantress in which case they must have some awesome gear to not have died the first time).

Use Regeneration when Evasion is down during a fight, and always try to get your screams in before the blast shot as the combo is epic.

Not fully completed

Appreciate comments and advice :)

King Richie
06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Nobody cares =) strong birdys are gay !

Banned
06-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Tru dat dawg.

PvP
06-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Love the guide. Well done, but I'm still dissapointed (as always) that hybrids are some of the most powerful creatures in the game.

King Richie
06-16-2010, 04:21 PM
I kicked his *** as a pure birdy .. so this is in no way a PvP guide lol !! =)

PvP
06-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Either way give him some credit for putting the time and effort in.

Dizko
06-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Richie the score was like 5 each lol.

King Richie
06-16-2010, 04:47 PM
I dunno what hes talking about =) shsssssh!

Neurion
06-16-2010, 06:12 PM
This was a guide to those who wants to try this build. Please let's not ruin the thread by flaming. A lot of players go to the forums to look for play guides, so let's stay on topic.

Rahllin
06-17-2010, 12:24 PM
This was a guide to those who wants to try this build. Please let's not ruin the thread by flaming. A lot of players go to the forums to look for play guides, so let's stay on topic.

Yup, like me! And this thing helped me out with my respec last night. Its a pretty good PvE build, and since thats all I play it is nice to have, but its still not as good as my str enchantress that I built yesterday as well... that thing just can't be killed!

Sayishere
06-17-2010, 12:28 PM
Yup, like me! And this thing helped me out with my respec last night. Its a pretty good PvE build, and since thats all I play it is nice to have, but its still not as good as my str enchantress that I built yesterday as well... that thing just can't be killed!

str mages are the new overpowered class in my eyes, in pve and pvp

in pvp context they are a pain to take down with great damage to boot, you need builds with sustained damage to beat a str mage with thoth, maybe like a bear.

archers have long cool downs and good burst damage, unless your burst damage can kill the enchantress quickly your screwed, most cases the burst damage isnt enough with their high armour and heals, unless you lucky with a crit, tjhey will heal straight back to 100%. by this time you have little mana and theirs is pretty much full, and your buffs are running out and your dead meat heh, still working on tactics

Dizko
06-17-2010, 01:36 PM
archers have long cool downs and good burst damage, unless your burst damage can kill the enchantress quickly your screwed, most cases the burst damage isnt enough with their high armour and heals, unless you lucky with a crit, tjhey will heal straight back to 100%. by this time you have little mana and theirs is pretty much full, and your buffs are running out and your dead meat heh, still working on tactics

Yea true. But the thing with this build is that you will never run out of mana.

Basically try to be just out of range of their attacks and then run in and get close while they cooldown.

Once you use all your skills, get out of there.

iAmbigeous
07-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Great job, helped me out alot!

setec
10-15-2010, 04:30 AM
Dizko - are you possibly going to update this to current?

Arterra
10-15-2010, 07:18 AM
have yet to read this but thank you for this! i saw u a few times, and wanted to ask how exactly you got a str bird up and running so i can make mine. just some up[dating for it pls lol

edit: hmm odd. i expected a lot of isis and a thoth in there. not some of that other stuff.
:/ opinion has wavered downwards...