PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends/Star Legends Computer Version

Artemis
08-20-2011, 02:39 PM
So since i lost my iPod i am no longer against this topic :P When will it come out for computers? I want to try and get interested again.

Tvis
08-20-2011, 02:42 PM
There's a hint in one of the interviews with JustG. Don't know if I'm allowed to say or not though :/

Mkcecil
08-20-2011, 05:14 PM
So since i lost my iPod i am no longer against this topic :P When will it come out for computers? I want to try and get interested again.

From what I gathered when this topic first came up awhile back, they said they might consider it but for now they want to stay with mobile platforms. We can just wait and see what they say :)

KingFu
08-20-2011, 05:17 PM
It was on their old roadmap, however, it was taken off due to concerns of hacking, botting, etc. They plan to keep it mobile for multiple reasons (that being one of them) from what I have heard, so I don't see it happening personally.

Whirlzap
08-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Unless maybe they could link an iPod account to a computer.
That way you would have to be logged on an iPod to play but control it with a computer.

SUPAPRODIGY
08-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Very true hacking. And boting pushing
Coding changing game content thats why

SUPAPRODIGY
08-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Unless maybe they could link an iPod account to a computer.
That way you would have to be logged on an iPod to play but control it with a computer.

Maybe Possible

Darkfader
08-20-2011, 07:35 PM
I Don't like idea it would become PC game. It would simply break fun and meaning of game. Mobile mmo. :)

And to not mention even hackers / botters at PC. It would become as another runescape in a moment.

MoarPewPew
08-20-2011, 08:15 PM
I recall in a recent podcast that it will be out Q4 2011. I could be wrong. And also I know the PC client is fully functional. I saw a video posted by STS showing the character being rotated with the mouse cursor. Ill try and find the link.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VDpy5vq1O1k

Heres the link. I see a mouse. :D

noobmigo
08-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I recall in a recent podcast that it will be out Q4 2011. I could be wrong. And also I know the PC client is fully functional. I saw a video posted by STS showing the character being rotated with the mouse cursor. Ill try and find the link.

That's an Apple developer package function.

I believe it's just a hook-up to the device, where you can control with mouse. It's not a true PC Client.

On a side note: PL is just not ready for PC. At all.
The graphics are just...horrid compared to normal PC games. It would get a rough review. Damaging the reputation of the game. Unless they find a way to...have better graphics on PC only, and not change at all on iPod. Is that possible?

Plus, the possibility of hacks.

:/

MoarPewPew
08-20-2011, 08:25 PM

I believe it's just a hook-up to the device, where you can control with mouse. It's not a true PC Client.

The graphics are just...horrid compared to normal PC games. It would get a rough review. Damaging the reputation of the game. Unless they find a way to...have better graphics on PC only, and not change at all on iPod. Is that possible?

Click on the youtube link. You can see the mouse. Also by looking out the mouse cursor you can see its a windows based cursor. So I can assume PL is functional for the PC. (By no means im saying its ready)

noobmigo
08-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Click on the youtube link. You can see the mouse. Also by looking out the mouse cursor you can see its a windows based cursor. So I can assume PL is functional for the PC. (By no means im saying its ready)

Yeah, that's a dev. function that Apple gives you, I think.

I think it should be about 1-2 years away, imo, if the devs still want this to be cross-platform for all devices.

Otukura
08-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Traitor :p

WoundedEagle
08-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Personally the name "Pocket Legends" has lost its meaning. This is just a rejected idea..... Alterran Legends..... There is no "Pocket" any more, especially with Star Legends.

Abaleuibub
08-23-2011, 03:25 AM

http://www.youtube.com/embed/VDpy5vq1O1k

Heres the link. I see a mouse. :D

yeah guys, i hate it to be a spoilsport but this neither a hint to PC/Mac-version nor a fancy dev-pack function.

to be true, you can do this with almost any android thats connected to a bt-pointer-device.

it just looks pretty the same like the windows pointer.

jrdevildog
11-09-2011, 04:16 PM
There is a beta version for google chrome

13lacklegionz
11-09-2011, 04:18 PM
There is a beta version for google chrome

Sigh. Don't bring back old threads please. This was from 8/23/2011 (August 23, 2011). Sigh...

Swimmingstar
11-09-2011, 04:22 PM
account.spacetimestudios.com/starlegends It is a beta though.

There is also one coming for PL Chrome only for these.

They have site for pl version but it is for devs only.

EDIT: Don't bring back old threads!

Jdeveloper
11-09-2011, 06:53 PM
If PL came out on the PC i think it would be fun but at the same time be bad because of hackers/botters. But your PC won't die. :/